“Top Notch” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Pearl Hotel

You added The Pearl Hotel to your Saves list
The Pearl Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   233 West 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Special Rate
Book Direct for Best Rate
Ranked #13 of 458 Hotels in New York City
“Top Notch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Clean, quiet, plenty of room, walking distance to subway lines, restaurants, etc... no complaints for a 5 night stay. I was on the 7th floor- street side - and had virtually nothing wake me up during my stay - hooray!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Forfar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

The Pearl is fantastic. Great location, and you don't hear the noise from outside your window as some other reviews say. The decor is really nice all through out the hotel. Room was perfect, our air con broke while we were out and when we came back they had upgraded our rooms for us to apologise for the inconvenience! But even without the extra upgrade I couldn't have faulted the hotel. You get a nice wee breakfast of fruits, bagels and cereals, which is perfect for when you're on the go. I would highly recommend The Pearl. Staff were very helpful when you needed them too.

• Stayed October 2013
Whitby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

My wife and I found the hotel, staff and services to be very good, clean, comfortable and safe. The location is great for walking to times square, all the theaters, restaurants, and shopping. We will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

My trip to New York had rather a poor start, I had arranged to rent an apartment for a month which turned into a nightmare so be warned if you are booking from the UK, often photographs flatter. The apartment was dark, dirty, and noisy, I only stayed two nights. Luckily I met a someone who recommended The Pearl Hotel. The Manager Jaime Mendieta was kind and helpful. I booked in on 31st March and stayed until 14th April and it was brilliant. There is really nothing to fault with this hotel, truly the best hotel in New York so far and I have stayed at the Crown Plaza, The Waldorf and many more of a similar grading. The Pearl outshines them all, excuse the pun! The friendly helpful and efficient staff make you immediately feel welcome. My room was large (unusual for New York) and airy and spotlessly clean, the young woman who serviced my room was called Feina and was totally dedicated to her work and always helpful and cheery. Breakfast is included which is also a plus and there is a small gym with outside space for early morning yoga. I wish I had taken the names of all the staff there as they made my stay such a pleasure so if they read these reviews a heartfelt thank you. I will be back without a doubt, at last I have found a safe haven in the heart of my favourite city.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a bath and shower which is nice to have.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Not only does this hotel have a fantastic location and the most spacious, comfortable rooms that I've ever experienced in NY, the icing on the cake has to be the complimentary breakfast. Loads of choice and the perfect way to start a busy day of sightseeing. I would highly recommend this hotel and I will definitely stay here next time I'm in New York.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Byron Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

This hotel was great value for money and had some of the best staff I have encountered in a NYC hotel.

We asked for a quiet room and it was. Not a huge room aqnd a bit airless, but spotless and well laid out and central to everything.

Breakfast was complimentary but it was an eat on the run affair with everything in disposable cups and plates and people jockeying for the few chairs and tables.

We would absolutely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room because it can get noisy facing the street.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We just spent 4 nights at the pearl hotel. i have been there few times and alwys glad to return .If you are in NYC go to this hotel, the perfect place to stay. the room is very nice, big and very clean!!!!! nice breakfast , happy hour at 4pm. staff are amaizing with a smile will do anything to help you . location perfect on time square.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Pearl Hotel? Share your experiences!