“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Pearl Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Pearl Hotel to your Saves list
The Pearl Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   233 West 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Special Rate
Book Direct for Best Rate
Ranked #13 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Toronto, Canada
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had a wonderful stay. The location was excellent - within walking distance of Central Park, MOMA, the Met, shopping, restaurants, and Times Square. The subway was just around the corner for any destination not within walking distance. The room was clean, the staff was fabulous, the concierge was very well informed and extremely helpful. In fact the entire staff and service was exceptional. We stayed on the 11th floor and found the room quiet and well appointed. The continental breakfast was filling and a great way to start our day. The afternoon wine and cheese was very appreciated after a day of hustle and bustle.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is one great hotel. Location is excellent, a 2 minute walk from Times Square and easy access to 3 subway lines. Pretty much walking distance to all midtown attractions.
Rooms are large and comfortable with all necessities, including a luxurious bed. Bathroom is spacious and spotless. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful.
At just under $400 a night, this hotel is very good value by New York standards, especially considering where it is.
Attached restaurant is expensive but food tasty.
Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

The great reviews were so true. It was a great location for shows, Central Park, shopping and Times Square. We had easy access to the subway and walked to most destinations. The concierge was well informed and extremely helpful with all of our questions. The rooms were clean and spacious. We were on the 3rd floor directly over the entrance below and it was very quiet which made for a peaceful sleep. The continental breakfast was a great start for our busy days. We missed the afternoon wine and cheese but will definitely be back to get the opportunity. We were travelling with 2 teenagers and they were so impressed by the location and access to all the lights and excitement that the city had to offer.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bahamas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Location, service, rooms were all excellent. I booked 6 deluxe rooms, and requested high floors for all. The hotel did indicate they could not promise delivery of my request, but they indeed delivered and more. Service was exceptional. Every small request was accommodated. My group of picky travelers were very, very pleased.

The location is ideal for shows, restaurants, sites, and shopping. The bed was very comfortable, bathroom is spacious and everything was clean. My only complaint is that I couldn't, at first, figure out how the television worked, but I eventually got it going. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor. I was in a room facing the 49th Street, and the noise did not bother...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Gibraltar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This hotel was fantastic. It was next to Times Square but at night you could sleep comfortably. The room was lovely and the microwave and coffee making facilities were appreciated. Breakfast was plentiful. The hotel is next to theatres and walking distance from many attractions. The staff were very helpful and there are facilities for printing your boarding pass free of charge. We loved our stay and would go there again.

Room Tip: If you want a god nights sleep choose a room facing the back.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Booking hotels online that you've never heard of can be intimidating to say the least. We took a chance after the reading the online reviews and proceeded with caution. We were very pleased! Upon arrival, the staff eagerly showed us two rooming options, both very nice choices. We opted for the Deluxe King Suite since we were traveling with a pre-teen and wanted a little privacy. The layout was large by New York standards and not once were we "on top of one another". The staff was beyond accommodating and went above and beyond their call of duty to ensure out stay was perfect!
The hotel is nestled discretely near Times Square in the Theater district. I was surprised at how quiet our room was considering the surrounding hustle and bustle. We never even heard so much as a car horn!
This is definitely a hidden jewel in the city!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with older kids and want a bit more space or privacy, opt for the Deluxe King S...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

After extensive research, my family and I chose the Pearl Hotel for our first trip to NYC and boy, did we make the right decision!

The first thing I noticed about the Pearl is its prime location- so close to every Broadway theatre, right beside Time Square, 10 min walk to 5th Avenue and 15 min walk to Central Park. Perfect.
Another thing I realised on arrival is the Pearl's size- I had never stayed in a boutique hotel before but now I'm never going back to large, commercial hotels! This hotel is fabulous, from the open lobby with seating area (and free water and snacks all day!) to the floors with only about 8-10 rooms per floor. No long walks down dark corridors, which was great after a long day of sight seeing!

The rooms themselves were brilliant, extremely comfortable, a good size for a NY hotel, flat screen, iPod speaker (where I could charge my iPhone easily without struggling to work my plug adapter!) handy fridge and coffee maker, comfy beds, large bathroom with large vanity area and great shower. There was even a flat screen in the bathroom! One thing I have to complain about (regretfully) are the pillows. Unfortunately they were too soft while being very thick in diameter so I often woke up with a stiff neck. Other reviewers had no problems, it's a personal thing, just my opinion.

The breakfast definitely exceeded my expectations. Huge selection of bagels (my favourite!), croissants, muffins, bread, fruit, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, yogurts boiled eggs... Everything you could possibly want to start your day in NY. Fantastic.
Another commendable thing was the free WiFi. I found it very useful when using Google Maps to get directions from the Pearl to certain spots around the city.

The staff were very helpful, considerable and fast- acting when we encountered some minor problems. I had read a few reviews about people receiving free upgrades on arrival so I said I would give it a try (it was my sister and my first time in NY with our dad- we were very excited!). Unfortunately my plan didn't work this time, although an upgrade was available at an extra fee. This brings me to the price- I will admit, when I received the bill on our final day, I was a bit shocked. It cost us around $450-$500 a night and there was a hotel fee on top of that, so it was pricier than I expected but it was worth it based on location and the complimentary breakfast.
I would highly recommend the Pearl Hotel and intend on returning as soon as possible!

• Stayed July 2013

Been to The Pearl Hotel? Share your experiences!