“Wonderful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Pearl Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Pearl Hotel to your Saves list
The Pearl Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   233 West 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Special Rate
Book Direct for Best Rate
Ranked #13 of 452 hotels in New York City
Texas
“Wonderful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We had already booked three nights at another hotel and they wouldn't let us add on an extra night without adding a hefty price tag to our other 3 nights. So we booked 1 night here. I was very impressed with the hotel and the size of the rooms. They are so big, especially for new York! There was plenty of room for 2 adults and 1 child with 3 pieces of luggage. I loved the little kitchen nook with coffee/tea. Also, the rooms are very quiet, I rarely heard outside noise and if I did it was very quiet. Breakfast was good and did the job before going sight seeing. We had a few hours before we could check into our other hotel, and they stored our luggage without problems.
We were very sad to leave and tried to cancel our other reservation and stay at the Pearl for the rest of our trip, but weren't able to. When we come back it will be to stay at this hotel, would definitely recommend to others!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

1,267 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

This is a centrally located hotel recently refurbished with comfortable smallish rooms and beds, free wi-fi, basic but adequate breakfast and very friendly and helpful staff. Our room on 14th floor suffered with street noise and was near the elevators, both negatives for good sleep. Requesting a non street-front room away from elevators would solve this problem. There are nicer parts of town, eg upper east side but Pearl is close to theatres and subway Ross B.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

NY, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

During the hurricane we were without power for a week. After the 2nd day of no power I booked a room at The Pearl just in case the power didn't come back on. Long story but I ended up changing my reservation like 5 times - changing room sizes - changing dates - etc - etc and then I eventually cancelled the reservation entirely.

Once I finally realized I didn't need the room I was sure that they were not going to be accommodating after all the changes I had already made. But they were awesome and cancelled it with no issues. Perhaps that was just because demand was so high for hotels it didn't matter to them but either way, it was a very positive experience and the management was great.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The pearl hotel is certainly a gem of a hotel as everything went according to my expectations during my stay at this hotel. Comfortable beds, excellent environment, professional staff, better services and facilities were available and the best part is that its location is ideal. Times Square isn’t too far away from the hotel. The size of the room was quite large and so as the King sized bed. The breakfast was very good and I can’t forget to mention that wine and cheese hour. Oh, Yummy and delicious. Well, I’m really pleased with the hotel services. The elegance and decorative prospects of the rooms were simply superb. Similarly, the moderate lighting and excellent fixtures within the rooms were great. The most important aspect that I’d like to include is that its affordability. Getting a room in the core of NYC might be expensive though when it comes to the pearl hotel then one doesn’t have to be worried about it. The prices are fairly good enough for a better stay in NYC. So, this hotel is certainly recommended from my side.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Fabulous location. Right across the street from Book of Mormon, next door to Chicago. Other shows just a short walk. Visit Lillies a few doors down, great food and old NYC atmosphere. Seraphina's across the street has a great breakfast with the best orange juice.
The rooms are clean and decorated very contemporary. Breakfast is very basic continental, but it's included so that's nice. Never made it to the wine tasting, but nice touch. My only complaint is that the lighting in the bathroom sucks ladies, BUT...I've have yet to stay in a hotel (even the Ritz) that has good lighting in the bathroom. Staff was nice. Bed was very comfy, noise was minimal. Overall it was a great stay. I recommend it and would stay again!

Room Tip: We were in 903, very nice.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife & I stayed here for 4 days in Nov and everything was amazing. We were upgraded to a king suite without even asking when they found out it was our aniversary. The continental breakfast had a great selection of items and at 4-5pm everyday there is a happy hr (free) with wine and cheese. The room was large, modern and spotless. Times Square is a 3 min walk. All the employes were very friendly and helpful. I would return here without a doubt.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We just came back from a girl's weekend in New York and were SO pleased with The Pearl. The amenities are outstanding (continental breakfast, wine hour, free wi-fi) and the staff was helpful and friendly. In addition, the location was great and close to many nice restaurants.

Room Tip: Our 3rd floor room was quiet and private.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Pearl Hotel? Share your experiences!