“Great location. Very nice boutique hotel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Pearl Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Pearl Hotel to your Saves list
The Pearl Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   233 West 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Special Rate
Book Direct for Best Rate
Ranked #14 of 454 Hotels in New York City
“Great location. Very nice boutique hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stayed here for a business trip in December 2012. The hotel is in a great location very close to time square and also to Rockefeller Center in the radio city music hall. My room was very spacious especially for a New York City hotel and also very clean. Part of your rate includes a daily morning breakfast which is really nice. I would definitely stay here again it is I travel back to New York, good hotel for business travelers for sure.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
NL, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The Pearl Hotel in Manhattan is fabulous value for the money. Large very clean rooms which are extremely well appointed. Comfortable beds, good service with a friendly professional staff. We were literally one block from Times square, walking distance to all broadway shows and Hells Kitchen (for great restaurants) was just a couple of blocks. Complimentary continental breakfast was also a bonus. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: All rooms are good rooms, but we preferred a king size bed.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed here for a few days in November on the tail end of a business trip. The room was really large (especially for Manhattan) and beautifully presented. Bed was extremely comfortable (and I long to get one for home. Bathroom was small, but nicely fitted out. The free breakfast was fairly limited (but there are plenty of other places to get breakfast in Manhattan). Bene across the street did fairly good coffee.

I'd certainly stay here again and recommend it to others (which I have).

Room Tip: Try for one of the rooms with a balcony.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed at The Pearl in New York City based on location and Trip Advisor reviews. While this is a nice hotel, it is not a hotel that should be in the top ten for New York City.

Pros:
- Good location, ndecent size room with two queen sized beds, nice bathroom with separate bath and shower, responsive staff

Cons:
- Room is very dark and there is no additional light in the bathroom for putting on makeup (I mentioned this to the staff upon checkout and they said makeup mirrors were available upon request),
- Closet is very small with enough room for six hangars which kept falling apart.
- Sloppy housekeeping - trash was left sitting on the bureau, coffee was not replenished, towels were left sitting on the bed
- Toilet kept breaking for no apparent reason (response to our complaint was prompt however)
- Able to hear conversations from people in the next room
- Front desk staff was professional but not friendly. Many times we came in or out and no one greeted us. One time there were four people behind the desk and one responded when I said good morning

None of these things are deal breakers per se as the hotel is still a decent one in a good location. Pricing is average with cost between $350 - $500 depending on the night. We have stayed in New York many times and had very high expectations of a hotel that is ranked in the top ten on Trip Advisor. In my opinion, this hotel does not deserve such a high ranking.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
PearlHotelNYC, General Manager at The Pearl Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for taking my call and for taking the time to write this review. We pride ourselves in our ranking and that is the beauty of TripAdvisor, people share their opinions and although I’m sorry you were not pleased I am very happy that we do please many. I explained during our conversation that had we been given the opportunity we could have rectified several of the things that dissatisfied you and hope you give us another chance. I took your feedback very seriously and have put different procedures in place so the next guest doesn’t encounter the same things.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I had a couple's getaway in NYC a year ago, and stayed at The Pearl. We loved our stay so much that we brought our daughter a couple of weeks ago to celebrate her 4th birthday. The staff were absolutely wonderful, and, on the day of her birthday brought a card, a small box of chocolates and a bottle of sparkling apple cider to our room for her.
I recommend The Pearl to all of our friends / family. From the complimentary breakfast, wifi, wine and cheese hour to the lovely toiletries and proximity to Times Square and many touristy hot spots, this hotel offered it all.
Loved it so much we will go back again!

Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We just stayed one night for a city date night. We booked a normal room but got got upgraded to a room with a balcony for no reason really...well none we could tell.

Great location just off of Broadway, across from the Theatre for Book of Mormon and a few blocks from Times Square. Absolutely beautiful and moder room..my wife was amazed, TV in bathroom, excellent fixtures, massive bed..nice lighting in room, very romantic. Great amenities - microwave, sink ,fridge.

Most affordable of the hotes I saw close to strip at just about 200 a night...rates high in my book.

Only quibble is the hotel is smaller so the breakfast area is a bit squeezed but it's the city so tons of places in thsurrounding streets and they offer deals to an adjacent restaurant.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Belgrave, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

It's hard to imagine a better hotel experience just a few steps from Times Square; short stroll to the top of the Rock and 9 blocks to Central Park. Given it's prime location we walked to all of the attractions and it was simple to navigate all activities from this stunning hotel. The rooms are well appointed and 'roomy' for NY. We had two double Queen Rooms which were ideal for us travelling as a family. The only thing to improve them would be a bath tub.....but really thats a small sacrifice to stay in this wonderful hotel. The earlier you can make breakfast the better as the space is limited and hard to get seating for a family of 5. Again thats a small issue given all the positives this hotel offers. Lewis was great looking after us as was Manny. Dany at concierge was helpful.....in fact the team at the Pearl are happy to help! If you're weighing up other options all I can say is book the Pearl while you can....you will not regret it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Pearl Hotel? Share your experiences!