“Good option for NYC - Stayed for Halloween” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Harlem

Save Saved
You added Aloft Harlem to your Saves list
Aloft Harlem
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2296 Frederick Douglass Boulevard, New York City, NY 10027 (Harlem)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #161 of 452 hotels in New York City
San Jose, California
“Good option for NYC - Stayed for Halloween”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here on Halloween night - pretty crazy evening in NYC. We were pretty happy with the stay. Some things to be aware of - the area is very close to some great restaurant choices, but no full restaurant in the hotel. The snack area has reasonable options + there are a few things at the bar. There is valet parking for $50 without in/out privileges. I think our rental car sustained a little damage - nothing that was a big deal. Self park is nearby not related to the hotel. When you arrive, it's not immediately obvious that you enter the lobby by going downstairs to the entry doors. There is an elevator as well. Staff as all have reported is very friendly and helpful. The best thing is that our room was very quiet - rare in the city.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

390 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I traveled with my husband. Our first time staying in Harlem; we traveled to attend a wedding and we were very pleased with the hotel and with Harlem. Stayed in 2nd floor and we could hear people talking in the streets but not to an uncomfortable level; not a crowded street however. The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and the beds and pillows comfortable. If you walk down 124-118; there are nice places to eat and going up to the main avenue there is lots of commerce. We walked from our friends house in 119 St. late at night and everything seemed ok (there is a police station almost in front of the hotel ;)). Couple of guests with pets. Subway stations with directs lines to lower Manhattan very close. There was karaoke the night we checked-in and I think people from the neighborhood come and sing there, didn't bother us but we didn't stay longer either. The appetizer menu in the bar can definitely be improved as well as the service. In general, everything was very good.

Room Tip: Higher floors on either sides of building.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Whistler
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed for only 2 nights but had a great time. The room is hip and funky, love the walk in shower, and very tech friendly. Harlem by day is very cool to explore. Aloft is around the corner from the historic Apollo theatre! At night, it's a bit sketchy. But luckily, the XYZ lounge in the Aloft is the hippest spot to be at night. The staff were great. The facility was top notch. I'd definitely stay again. 10 mins walk to the northwest corner of Central Park and it was a cheap can ride in from LaGuardia. Overall, an amazing (albeit short) stay at Aloft Harlem.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights..read many reviews about loud music..asked for a room far away from that...no problem! Didn't hear it! Found accommodations and customer service above the norm...would stay there again

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bertrand N, Manager at Aloft Harlem, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for this wonderful review. So happy to hear that the room and staff were to your liking. Please visit soon.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Really enjoyed this hotel. Well appointed room and free Wifi great feature. The staff were all excellent and while the hotel is a little out of the way for the uninitiated to NYC in Harlem it is still close to subway. I must be getting old though as I found the music a little on the loud side sat night... Highly recommended though

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bertrand N, Manager at Aloft Harlem, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Aloft Harlem. So often people hear 'Harlem' and they hesitate, but the area is bustling with restaurants and shops, and as you pointed out close to the subway which will have you downtown in no time.
We appreciate the kind words about the staff.
Milan, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

It is a rather original concept for a loft/hotel that it is clearly targeted to young clients (18-28): loud music, young personel attending the front desk (full of energy but sort of "Mac Donalds style": may I have your order? and ....NEXT!), a large bar with karaoker nights, a kiosk. All these features are particularly interesting for a young population who is looking for a well located (5-10 block north from the central park), medium budget and comfortable hotel (large bedrooms but awkward shower, very trendy decoration, complementary coffee).
All I can say is that it is an interesting hotel but it is definitely not for me...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bertrand N, Manager at Aloft Harlem, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
We appreciate your review. Aloft is definitely a lifestyle hotel and does cater to a tech savvy crowd, but definitely not just for a young crowd. Starwood has a number of great hotel in the city so we hope you choose one of our sister properties when next you are in NYC.
New York, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We needed a place to stay for a date night. I first look past this place because it was to close to my house and it's local (long story ) I booked it in line and did not have to pay until the day I arrive ( love that ) save a lil money until I was ready to pay. We stay again on the 15 fl ( I knw lucky me ,that my anniversary date) any way to my surprise the hotel was clean and look nice inside the lobbly and the room. Check in was easy and fast. The lobby had food for sale very expensive because of the location and your in New York .our view was really nice we over look the movie theater and 125th street . The shower was really nice , it's a walk in shower , no tub less mess to see if the bathroom is old. This was a plus for me because I hate dirty bathroom. They have a big bed and TV in the room.This place was really nice and have me thinking about some local hotel( not all) I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
Bertrand N, Manager at Aloft Harlem, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for the review. Great to hear that you enjoyed yours stay at the Aloft. The room, the view and the convenience close to home as well.

Been to Aloft Harlem? Share your experiences!