“incredibly views!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Robert

Robert
2 Columbus Circle, Fl 9, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)
(212) 299-7730
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Robert is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 11,186 Restaurants in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Bar, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 8th Avenue & Broadway
Transit: A,B, C, D & 1 trains to Columbus Circle, N, R, Q & W trains to 57th St and 7th Avenue, and F train to 57th St and 6th Avenue. M5, M7, M10, M20, M30 and M104 buses to Columbus Circle at 59th St or 57th St and 8th Avenue.
Description: Robert is a modern American restaurant housed within the Museum of Arts and Design with an amazing view of Columbus Circle and Central Park. Enjoy dinner and a bottle of fine wine from our collection in our beautifully designed dining room. Have a seat in our lounge next to our baby grand piano and sip one of our cocktails.
NY
“incredibly views!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Great spot for a drink or a bite. You should expect to pay top dollar, and you will. Went there for drinks and enjoyed them looking out over Columbus circle. The dinner menu looked good - but didn't try anything. Maybe another time.

So, if you're into a 'room with a view' and don't mind paying for it - this is your spot!

Visited February 2013

Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Rarely Better Than This”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Back to Robert but this time for dinner. View always exciting and they were very accommodating with a window table and surprise birthday dessert. Attentive, knowledgeable service. Next time I will order the diver scallops...really special.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SEATTLE
“Could not have been Better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Beautiful decor, beautiful view, fantastic service and wonderful food. Next time I am in NYC I will dine here again!

Visited January 2013
CI
“Disappointing brunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I picked this due to the reviews here and the location. We we lucky enough to get a window table overlooking central park and the rating reflects this as the view is superb. The rating also reflects the decor of the restaurant which is chic and appealing. The service is also very good and prompt, maybe too prompt even as a little time to relax and enjoy might have been nice. We were fed, watered and out of the door in an hour on a (lazy!) Sunday morning. I guess that they wanted the table back.

The food was disappointingly below standard. One of the yolks in the eggs benedict was hard and the "english muffin" was just a lump of unappealling fatty bread-like stuff. The pancakes were OK but the dried tomato jam on the side is a mistake. The waffles were quite good. Coffee was uninteresting and could have been made more special by serving a caffetiere, but then again serving and charging by the cup is more profitable.The desserts were interesting although I'm not sure I would order a parsnip ice cream again nor did I like the swwetened carrot slices on the cake. The coffee was again OK but not special.

As we were eating they were showing around a group of 20ish (travel?) agents or planners as they seemed to be selling the services of the restaurant. This should have been done out of hours and it it no ways adds to the dining experience to sit while these people walk and talk around you. Also please note that the view is great from the window tables which means that other not so fortunate diners stand around you to take photographs of it!

Portion sizes were small to average. I am not a lover of large food portions but I came away from brunch slightly unsatisfied.

This may all sound a bit harsh but if you are paying these prices they should get it right. I'm not sure I understand the trend of serving vegetables and savoury fruits with desserts when they don't actually taste as good as more traditional ingredients. I think I am hovering over the word pretentious but I don't want to be too offputting. In any case, the location alone is worth the trip so please don't discount them if you are visitng the central park area.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The food was excellent. I had the quail and lamb. Delicious. My fiance, was sick during our meal and asked to cancel her salmon order. The wait staff was more than happy to oblige. They were very friendly and even offered complmentary tea or soup to aid her sickness. The only draw back that I can see is the drink prices. They were a little high. The cheapest beer is $9. But the food is very good and the staff and very nice.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere