“Enjoyed our stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree Hotel New York City-Financial District

You added Doubletree Hotel New York City-Financial District to your Saves list
Doubletree Hotel New York City-Financial District
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Stone St, New York City, NY 10004 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
3X Points Package!
Ranked #335 of 464 Hotels in New York City
“Enjoyed our stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The rooms are small but first it is NYC and hopefully your not there to stay in the room all day. Elevators took awhile but not a big deal. The only down fall was the shower took forever to drain but otherwise the stay was wonderful and definitely would stay there again. Awesome tavern right next door.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We were staying down in the Financial District because of a wedding that was a few blocks away. The hotel is very affordable, the rooms are clean, the parking across the street was nice, and the staff is generally friendly.

All that said, the elevator situation is an absolute joke. It's a 44 story building with 3 half elevators. That means during busy times (see Sunday morning at 9am) I had to wait for 5 elevators to pass before there was one large enough for my wife and I (a combined 275lbs) to fit into. There were multiple instances of having to wait 7-9 minutes before a single elevator stopped at our floor. Adding to this issue is the fact that there does not appear to be a service elevator. That means all hotel employees must use these same 3 tiny elevators. I'm sorry, but it is not acceptable to have to wait that long just to get off your floor.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Veronica G, Guest Services at Doubletree Hotel New York City-Financial District, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize for the extended elevator wait time that you have reported as well as any inconvenience that this may have caused you. I am glad to hear that you found our rates, location, and rooms appropriate for you travel needs. If there is any way that I can be of any service to you, regarding this most recent stay, or any future stays that you may have with us, please contact me at veronica.guerrero3@hilton.com and I will do everything in my power to assist you. I sincerely appreciate your feedback and I thank you for choosing DoubleTree Financial District. Thank you and have a great day!
New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

If you need a place to stay that's a decent price and near the office then its not a bad choice. The rooms are small but have everything you need. I haven't tried the food so I can't speak on the service or quality

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Weymouth, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the past year. Both times I felt that the overall value and location of the hotel are good. However, the quality of the food is lacking and the elevators are very slow. I will likely stay here again given its location, but it does not live up to what I have come to expect as someone who frequently stays at Hilton brand hotels.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The hotel is very conveniently located in the heart of the Financial District, great access to views of Statue of Liberty and still provided VERY easy subway access to Uptown/T-Sq. Good amenities with exercise facitlies... all in it was a great hotel, great value.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Woking, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with the Doubltetree Hilton when I stayed in June. It's close to my office and other amenities in the Wall Street area which is very handy. The rooms are standard size for this part of town, but are clean and you're quite well insulated from the street noise, and of course the higher up the better! The service was very good, the gym was well equipped, and I dined at the restaurant one night and had a very nice meal. So, I would stay here again. The only pain (which is quite minor) is that the reception area isn't on the ground floor, instead you have to get the lift for which there's sometimes an extended waiting period required.

Room Tip: Get as high as you can to avoid street noise - they go up to 40+ floors.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Auckland, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

All was well at check-in: lovely free cookie. Room was small but tidy and nice. Good location- very close to subway and walking distance to statue of liberty cruises However, on the last day- came back to the hotel and wanted to take a shower before checking out at 3AM to catch a plane the next day but there was NO hot water. Rang reception who said will be fixed in 1 hour. 7 hours later- still no hot water. Ended up taking a cold shower and the staff were not particularly apologetic about it. Another issue was I booked a taxi the night before through reception to the airport. At 3AM, turned out my name was not in their taxi book where they order taxis. Luckily there was another taxi there for another room but they didn't arrive so we got on that taxi first. Not exactly the service I expect for their price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Veronica G, Guest Services at Doubletree Hotel New York City-Financial District, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize for the plumbing emergency that you experienced during your stay with us and any inconvenience that may have resulted from this. It is our goal at DoubleTree Financial District to provide each and every one of our guests with the ultimate guest experience, and I am very sorry that we fell short in your case. If there is any way that I can be of any service to you, regarding this most recent stay, or any future stays that you may have with us, please contact me at veronica.guerrero3@hilton.com and I will do everything in my power to assist you. I sincerely appreciate your feedback and I thank you for choosing DoubleTree Financial District. Thank you and have a great day!