“Convenient location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree Hotel New York City-Financial District

You added Doubletree Hotel New York City-Financial District to your Saves list
Doubletree Hotel New York City-Financial District
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Stone St, New York City, NY 10004 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Points!
Ranked #332 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Weymouth, United States
“Convenient location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the past year. Both times I felt that the overall value and location of the hotel are good. However, the quality of the food is lacking and the elevators are very slow. I will likely stay here again given its location, but it does not live up to what I have come to expect as someone who frequently stays at Hilton brand hotels.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Turkish first
Houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The hotel is very conveniently located in the heart of the Financial District, great access to views of Statue of Liberty and still provided VERY easy subway access to Uptown/T-Sq. Good amenities with exercise facitlies... all in it was a great hotel, great value.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Woking, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with the Doubltetree Hilton when I stayed in June. It's close to my office and other amenities in the Wall Street area which is very handy. The rooms are standard size for this part of town, but are clean and you're quite well insulated from the street noise, and of course the higher up the better! The service was very good, the gym was well equipped, and I dined at the restaurant one night and had a very nice meal. So, I would stay here again. The only pain (which is quite minor) is that the reception area isn't on the ground floor, instead you have to get the lift for which there's sometimes an extended waiting period required.

Room Tip: Get as high as you can to avoid street noise - they go up to 40+ floors.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Auckland, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

All was well at check-in: lovely free cookie. Room was small but tidy and nice. Good location- very close to subway and walking distance to statue of liberty cruises However, on the last day- came back to the hotel and wanted to take a shower before checking out at 3AM to catch a plane the next day but there was NO hot water. Rang reception who said will be fixed in 1 hour. 7 hours later- still no hot water. Ended up taking a cold shower and the staff were not particularly apologetic about it. Another issue was I booked a taxi the night before through reception to the airport. At 3AM, turned out my name was not in their taxi book where they order taxis. Luckily there was another taxi there for another room but they didn't arrive so we got on that taxi first. Not exactly the service I expect for their price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Veronica G, Guest Services at Doubletree Hotel New York City-Financial District, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize for the plumbing emergency that you experienced during your stay with us and any inconvenience that may have resulted from this. It is our goal at DoubleTree Financial District to provide each and every one of our guests with the ultimate guest experience, and I am very sorry that we fell short in your case. If there is any way that I can be of any service to you, regarding this most recent stay, or any future stays that you may have with us, please contact me at veronica.guerrero3@hilton.com and I will do everything in my power to assist you. I sincerely appreciate your feedback and I thank you for choosing DoubleTree Financial District. Thank you and have a great day!
Washington DC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I'd like to compliment one of the Bell staff members- Toni. Milliong thanks to Toni -for his help- during our arrival, during the rain on July 4th, and during our departure. We had wonderful three day stay. Will be definitely coming back to New York and staying at DT.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I will be sure to share this positive feedback with Tony and the rest of the DoubleTree Financial District Guest Services Team. Please, make us your hotel of choice, whenever visiting the New York City area. We greatly appreciate your business. Thank you for choosing DoubleTree Financial District and have a great day!
Damascus, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

My only complaint about our stay last month was the elevator issue. We also had to wait up to 10 minutes a number of times and being on the 24th floor, stairs were not an option. On the other hand, the bell staff were very pleasant and greeted each of us upon entering and exiting the property. We ate breakfast in the restaurant each day and enjoyed the manager's personal attention and his helpfulness.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Staten Island, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This is a great value for the location, especially for the weekend. My only complaint is that there are only 3 elevators, and you have to wait to get on one to check in (or take the stairs, since it's on the second floor).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to Doubletree Hotel New York City-Financial District? Share your experiences!