“Look around for a better value” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree Hotel New York City-Financial District

Save Saved
You added Doubletree Hotel New York City-Financial District to your Saves list
Doubletree Hotel New York City-Financial District
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Stone St, New York City, NY 10004 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points!
Ranked #300 of 451 hotels in New York City
Alexandria, VA
“Look around for a better value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Check in requires an elevator ride from the entrance, only three elevators for 44 (?) floors, rooms are tiny, housekeeping is average, elevator beeps all night, you can hear neighbors alarms etc.... The major benefit of this hotel is location IF you need to be in the financial district, otherwise it really isn't very convenient to anything.

They let me check in at 11:30 which was nice. However I have a tiny corner room with a shared door to another room and I feel like we are roommates. I hear his phone conversations, phone alarm, etc. and my room is About 6 ft from the elevator (as they all are) and I hear the darn elevator beeping all night. And despite it stopping on nearby floors so often in takes up to ten minutes for the elevator to stop on 28. For the discount rate of $ 260 / nt and I can't get a good night's sleep (although the bed is very comfortable), housekeeping did not even replace the cheap shampoo from one day to the next, and I am constantly delayed by the slow elevator. I really see no reason to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Don't get a corner room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HGDT, Manager at Doubletree Hotel New York City-Financial District, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear AnnieJ1979,

I would like to extend my sincerest apologies to you for the unsatisfactory experience you had while staying with us recently. Your feedback will be addressed to the Executive Management Team as well as to the appropriate departments. I appreciate you taking the time to post your review, as it is an excellent means for us to continuously improve our level of service. I apologize for not being able to meet your expectations in this particular stay and hope you would give us another opportunity to make things right for you. Have a wonderful weekend.

930 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Gatineau, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed at the Doubletree for 3 nights and found the location convenient to visit the south of Manhattan and walk across the bridge to Brooklyn. The hotel is also close to subway stations which makes it easy to go up to Times Square for Broadway shows. Room was spacious and clean and staff were helpful. Nice touch on arrival with warm cookies at the reception. Elevators were a bit of an issue (very slow coming to your floor, no matter what time of day) so you may wish opt for lower floors which makes it possible to use stairwells (which we did).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear LuceHenriette,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us, and for your favorable review of our location, guest room size, helpfulness of staff members, and warm cookies. We do apologize for the waiting time for the elevators, however. We look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you back to the Financial District in the near future. Take care.
Ocean, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

this was a great suprise ... a hotel i didnt want to stay at but when the door opened i realized what everyone says is true ... dont judge......i apologize i was wrong .... great staff.. great especially the late night sunday room service crew... i would recommend this hotel ... any day of the week

Room Tip: no pool.. so no lifeguard.... upgrade to a city corner room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear skippysnippy,

Thank you very much for your compliments towards our hotel staff; we are very happy that you were pleasantly surprised with your stay. The AC/Heat unit noise concern will be addressed to the Chief Engineer and our Engineering Team will look into this matter. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. We hope to have another opportunity to be at your service again very soon. Best regards.
Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

First time staying here and I loved it. Right in the middle of the financial district. Wall Street Bull and Battery Park steps away. Staff was courteous and helpful. Room was clean and priced well. Awesome hotel to stay at. Would recommend to all my friends and family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear joeregistre,

We are very excited to receive 5 stars from you! It is always a great compliment when guests find value in our hotel. Thank you very much for your time and business from Doubletree – Financial District. It was our pleasure to be at your service and we look forward to your next visit. Take care.
Midlothian, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed in the hotel on a recent trip to New York. I was arriving late and I was able to check in very late with no problems. I was handed a cookie and it was warm. I'm not sure what this hotel has with cookies, but I ate it the next day and it is a damn good cookie even when it isn't warm. I ate breakfast in the dine in area on the ground floor and I gotta say breakfast there is good. The first day I was there I had blueberry pancakes with real blueberries! Delicious! And the belgian waffle... You have to try it, you just can't stay here and not eat it. Everything about the hotel is first class. My only gripe is that there is no free wifi in or internet in the hotel. No free wifi includes the dine in area as well. That being said, I am considering staying in the Double tree in midtown, near times square the next time I have the ability to come back to NY.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Newark, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My wife broke her ankle within two hours of our arrival. No one could put us in touch with a doctor. There was no wheelchair available, nor was anyone helpful in trying to help us find one. We were in town for two nights. On our last day in town, we used the room office chair to transport my wife to the front desk lobby on the second floor so that she could say goodbye to family members. A young African American receptionist (name started with a K) insisted that I immediately return the chair to the room. I explained the situation that my wife had severly injured her ankle, and asked if we could please wait a few moments while my wife visited with family in FULL VIEW of reception staff. I was told that I must immediately return the chair to the room. 10 minutes later, I had to carry my wife upstairs, which was considerably more painful for both of us than using the chair. Her ankle was clearly bruised and swollen. I understand not taking furniture out of the room, but we were in the MAIN RECEPTION AREA, with an exceptional circumstance. I am apalled that anyone would show such a lack of compassion, particularly in a service industry. We were in town for a wedding, and did not want to create a scene or detract from the happiness of the event.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Germantown
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I expect a small room in manhattan but this was extreme. The bathroom was so small there was nowhere to out your toiletries and the sink was a a very poor attempt to be modern but entirely impractical
The bed was shorter than any I have ever slept in and my feet hung over the end....!
Nice location and perhaps the high price is because of the proximity to Wall Street
There are better hotels
On the plus side the staff were helpful and pleasant

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Doubletree Hotel New York City-Financial District? Share your experiences!