“The Best Shopping Secret in NY” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 509 activities in New York City
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The Art of Shopping Private and group shopping adventures Shop NYC private wholesale showrooms, meet the designers, and see how the fashion industry works. My shopping takes you to small private designer showrooms in the heart of Manhattan’s Garment District. The showrooms are the places where buyers from major department stores and boutiques from all over the country come to place their seasonal orders.You will be paying wholesale and below wholesale prices. 50%-80% off crazy retail prices. You will be seeing current season as well as one of a kind samples.I am a professional stylist and personal shopper, and I lead all my groups, (not a hired tour guide ) I honestly want my clients to look and feel fabulous. You will be encouraged to try things on and maybe to step out of your style box just a bit. There is no pressure to buy anything you dont Love.I want the shopping to be all about you, and select available showrooms that fit your style, needs and budget.So much fun, and the saving are real. My fee is based on the number of women shopping. Monday-Friday Morning or Afternoons available. Happy to answer all your questions via email.
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“The Best Shopping Secret in NY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

My daughter and I had a wonderful time shopping with Pilar. We loved all of our purchases!!Pilar was able to cater for the different sizes and style between my daughter and myself and we were both able to find fabulous outfits at very reasonable prices. It was great to meet many of the designers and it made us feel like VIP's. Renee was fabulous and went out of her way to make sure we looked great in her fab designs especially her pants of life. This was a highlight of our trip and would recommend Shopping Girlfriend NYC to anyone who loves fashion and fun.

Visited August 2012

silicon valley
8 attraction reviews
“Great deals on unique finds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

This was a highlight of our trip to New York.Pilar has an engaging "up" personality and immediately sized up what we were interested in.We visited six different sources-designers,showrooms and tiny shops tucked under stairs.They all had one thing in common-they love Pilar and treat her clients as friends.This is not some take a bus and get out at he next stop.This if a true "shopping girlfrend" who figures out what you like and takes you there.I will see her every time I am in New York and highly recommend her to you especially if you have limited time as you can really cover a lot of ground and not waste time.

Visited August 2012
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Guys - This is it. Shopping With Pilar = Perfect Gift”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Dither and procrastinate no longer. Shopping with Pilar is the special gift that you have always wanted to give her.
Pilar has created a unique and extraordinary experience for normal people. Shopping with Pilar was not pretentious, intimidating or expensive. Everyone we met was very nice, pleasant and fun, and sincerely wanted us to have a good time and help my wife find clothes she loves. My wife smiled from ear to ear while she tried clothes. I watch a designer literally climb racks in her show room to find clothing she wanted my wife to try.
I am a mildly disheveled, middle-aged straight guy who would rather go to the dentist than the mall. I was thrilled with this experience and enjoyed myself almost as much as my wife. Have you ever had a New York clothing designer stand next to your wife, look at you and ask, “Is it OK, Can I make her sexy?” I have!
This is the gift you have always wanted to give your gal. Take her shopping with Pilar, make her happy and enjoy her in her great clothes. Be prepared, she will want to do this again.

Visited July 2012
ladyp212, Owner at Shopping Girlfriend NYC - Private Tours, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Cheers, P.S. I have a big old crush on you.
Love to Lady R
Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
“An absolute expirence!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I was absolutely over the moon to discover my fiancé had organised a day with Pilar for me for my 30th birthday. This was my first time to New York, I LOVE to shop, and whilst the shopping is fantastic, you can get the same stuff anywhere. Spending the day with Pilar not only gave me access to some amazing unique pieces, it gave me an experience that I will never forget. We spent time in the designers spaces, looked through their collections, sought their opinion and walked away with pieces at less than half of what you'd pay in store. It's both Pilar's beautiful nature, her positive and fun personality and the unique opportunity that makes this such a special day. I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a true NYC experience. THANK YOU Pilar x

Seattle, Washington
“Best Birthday Present Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

For my 40th birthday, my husband treated me to a day of shopping with Pilar. It is the best birthday present a man can give a woman. Who doesn't like to look good? Pilar will make sure you look great.

Pilar started things off with a very unintimidating stop at a place that primarily featured scarves and wraps. It was a great place for us to get to know each other and I found several pieces to purchase. We went to three more places over the course of about five hours. I am a professional and I often find myself in matching suits because it's easy - I was also a fan of Garanimals as a child! Pilar helped me find several classic, business appropriate outfits that are also stylish and modern. I can't wait to wear them all.

Part of the fun of the shopping trip is the fact that you really feel like you're seeing a part of New York that few others get to see. I got to meet a couple of the designers and they were both incredibly gracious with their time. I know they don't make their money selling samples to tourists so it means a lot when they take the time to pick out an outfit for you and make sure you pick the styles that are most flattering to your shape.

Overall, I highly recommend this experience. You will have an amazing time, get to experience a part of New York that is often only seen on television, meet a new friend in Pilar, and get some fabulous new outfits!

A couple of tips: 1) Bring more cash than you think you need - few of the designers accept credit cards and you will probably spend more than you intend because the clothes are so nice and the deals are so good; 2) Wear undergarments that you do not mind others seeing you in - there are no dressing rooms.