“Average hotel, good location” 3 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #121 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Evanston, Illinois
“Average hotel, good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

The hotel is small, the rooms are small too but typical New York. We had a room on the 11th floor and could still hear the street noise so beware. It didn't bother us too much but friends on the 6th floor didn't like it. The bathroom was fine, not great shower pressure. That all said, the location was really great. We walked everywhere and loved the area. Walking distance to the 9/11 memorial museum, under 30 minutes. The staff was friendly and helpful tho we didn't need much just a Sunday breakfast spot, which I didn't like but my husband thought was ok.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Nicholas P, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Soho, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay, feedback like this helps us each day be a better hotel. I am glad to hear the staff took good care of you and the location met your needs.

Nicholas Pappagallo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I usually never go wrong with Marriotts. This hotel was no different. I gave it an excellent over my usual "very good" for most hotels because I found the staff went a little above and beyond. They were always friendly at the front desk when I came and went, were quick and efficient, and always helpful with dinner recommendations - even going as far as walking outside with me to point out landmarks when giving directions. The cleaning staff that I talked to for extra shampoo was also friendly and helpful. The room was average size for NY and it had all windows on one side which was nice because it let in a lot of light when I was working. Lots of desk space and counter space in the bathroom. Wifi was quick. The location is great. A quick walk gets you to Soho and there are several metro stops near by. It's also an easy spot to catch a cab. The gym was basic but was stocked with waters and towels. It was always empty when I was in it so I had no problem with equipment. They also kept it nice and cool which I love when I am working out. There are 3 or 4 treadmills, 2 or 3 elliptical machines, a bike, and free weights. The gym could use a few more padded mats though. There was one yoga mat in there but it needed to be replaced.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Ashlie A, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Soho, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay and experienced the amazing service our staff is eager to give. I am happy to report that upon reviewing your comment, we purchased several more yoga mats. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to serving you again during future travel to NYC.
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

After several visits to NYC I found myself with one night in town to take in a friends get together and so booked the hotel mostly to be nearby the dinner venue but after my stay would go back for a longer stay as I liked the hotel as much as the neighborhood it's in.

This hotel goes up rather than out as there didn't seem like more than a dozen rooms on each floor but it does go up 19 floors. The rooms themselves - I was in 501- aren't big but you probably already knew that about NYC Hotels. They are however quite functional for someone like me who travels light and doesn't require much square footage to park my luggage. The door opens from the hallway right into the room so there isn't too much space between the door and the end of the double beds but room enough for a small desk by the window plus a mini-fridge and TV stand with a few drawers next to a tall closet which featured a good number of hangers. The small safe was on the floor of the closet which was a little different and you'd hope it is tough enough to take some bumps and dings from those who do have lots of luggage to pack into the space. The room looked out into an inner courtyard so no view but it was quiet so better to me than a street view with lots of noise.

The bathroom had a tub & shower, nice vanity and was a good size. I liked the good water pressure and the fact your didn't have to run the water for a few minutes to get hot water at any time of the day. Paul Mitchell toiletries were also noted as being more than just generic chain stuff that gets delivered by the shipload.

The lobby has a well laid out section to print you boarding pass as well as surf the internet on two side-by-side PC's and so it came in very handy when I forgot to write down when we were supposed to show up for this get together and I could just jump on and quickly check online rather than having to pay for access as is the case at many other hotels. Also in the lobby is a small little cooler with soda, water, juices as well as a few nuts & chips for snacks. There is a Starbucks at the back of the lobby should you need your coffee fix.

The staff was quite friendly and helped me with directions or answering questions about taxi's to LaGuardia. My stay was so short but liked the treatment I received while I was coming & going.

The location a short 5 minute walk to Washington Square Park & NYU and a much preferred area for me to the Times Square or Midtown parts of the city which I find too hectic. I could see myself returning to stay here for 4 or 5 nights in the near future as the relaxed but functional atmosphere at a good value is to my liking.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay, we are excited to see you enjoyed your stay. Our staff does a great job and is full of knowledge regarding NYC and I am happy to see they were able to assist with all requests. Thank you again and we look forward to having you as a guest again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights and have no complaints. The rooms are spacious (for NY) modern and clean. Recommend a room on the top floors as the view of the uptown skyline is a wonderful sight both at nights and to wake up to in the morning.
Only negative thing is the elevator capacity, but on holidays I can always wait a few minutes......

Room Tip: Top floors for the view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ashlie A, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Soho, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you so much for commenting on your recent stay! We are pleased to see you enjoyed it and look forward to having you back during future travel to NYC.
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

My family stayed at this hotel in May to celebrate a graduation. We booked two rooms and there were six of us total. This hotel had many great things going for it. For starters the staff at the front desk is excellent, (except for a minor hiccup checking in the second room). One of the staff, Angel was very helpful in making sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. Ask for him by name. Also there was two other women, but I'm sorry now that I didn't get their names, were very nice and patient in giving us directions. They recommended nearby sights and helped us navigate the metro. That's the second thing that was great. The metro stop was right on the corner of the hotel. Short ride to Freedom Towers, times square etc.. The third thing the had going was the cleanliness of the room. Keep in mind that this is NY so the rooms are not that big and the view was not the best, but hey we were only there to relax after hitting the pavement all day. Lastly the location was walkable. We walked around Soho area (first time), Washington Sq and Greenwich village which was charming. There was also a fresh grocery store (forgot name) that had ready made healthy food such as salads and sandwhiches that was inexpensive and they made omelettes to go for under $5. I would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Ashlie A, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Soho, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay, we are delighted that you enjoyed it. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with a memorable experience and I am glad you were able to experience that during your recent stay with us. Have a wonderful day and we look forward to serving you again in the future.
Southend
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

I just came back from a 4 night stay here and I have to echo all the positive comments. The hotel is in a great location in SoHo, only a short walk from the E train stop (from the airport) on Spring Street and directly across the road from the Houston Street stop for the 1 train which takes you up towards Times Square and down to Battery Park. There are plenty of great shops and cafès/restaurants within short walking distance too.
The room wasn't overly big but absolutely fine for me as I was a single traveller. There was slight traffic noise but what are you gonna do? It's New York for Gods sake! The room was always spotlessly clean. The staff downstairs were great too. One of the guys manning the mini Starbucks even remembered what coffee I had every time :)
You could do a hell of a lot worse than staying here and next time I go back, I'll stay here again in a heartbeat.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard New York Manhattan/SoHo was enjoyable.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Stayed their for a week during the time our son graduated from NYU. Had 2 rooms for the entire family.
The room were fine-clean and well maintained. The location is very good-great neighborhood and very good access to public transportation.
What makes this really good is the people working there-everyone-were extremely kind and very nice. They were very helpful and courteous. They responded to any questions quickly.
The free WiFi is a nice perk(esp. in NYC).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Ashlie A, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Soho, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Good afternoon,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us and are happy to see it went well. Congratulations to you and your family for such an accomplishment and we look forward to serving you during future travel to NYC! Have a great day :)

Been to Courtyard New York Manhattan/Soho? Share your experiences!