“Great hotel, great location.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
AAA Rates
Ranked #135 of 459 Hotels in New York City
“Great hotel, great location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Great hotel, great location, subway (1 Train) on same block.

Subway to JFK (E Train) 3 blocks away.

Located in a developing area, lots of new offices and businesses opening nearby BUT so much better than Times Square or the other 'Tourist Trap' areas of NYC.

Greenwich Village just up the road a few blocks, great bars, restaurants and entertainment a short walk away.

Hotel has a small cafe, but there are loads of options nearby. Little Italy across the road is great for simply Breakfast Bagels, but lots of other options available.

Hotel is fairly new (2 years old), it was still being built the last time I stayed on this street. Rooms are great, compact but have everything you would hope for in a hotel. There are many MUCH smaller rooms in NYC that you would pay much more money for.

Room was very well maintained and clean.

Will definitely use this hotel again on future visits.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ashlie A, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Soho, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am thrilled to see you enjoyed it and am looking forward to sharing your comments with our staff! Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Stayed here last year and just realised I hadn't got round to writing my review!

We stayed here for 4 nights in October for my fiancé’s birthday. I had emailed ahead and asked for a room on a high floor and when we arrived they had accommodated my request and wow, what a view! They even remembered it was his birthday and all the staff at check in wished him happy birthday which was lovely!

As I said, we had a fabulous view from our room, particularly at night when the empire state building and the Chrysler were all lit up. It wasn’t the quietest room in the world so if you want peace and quiet, don’t get a city facing room as the road outside is busy. It didn’t bother us at all as after days and evenings walking all over the City, we had no problems sleeping! The bed was comfortable and the room wasn’t huge but was big enough for us. We didn’t spend much time there but the time we did was pleasant and comfortable. The bathroom was also nice, very clean and lots of fab toiletries.

We didn’t use the restaurant so can’t comment on that. We did use the internet to print off tickets etc and found that really handy. The wifi in the room was also good.
Location-wise, this was perfect for us! I’ve been to NYC a few times but was my fiancé’s first time. I’ve always stayed in Midtown before but wanted to book something a bit different this time and I’m really glad I did. In the evenings we got to explore Soho and the surrounding areas without having to get the subway. If we did want to go further a field the subway station is right across the street!

No complaints about our stay at all and would definitely stay here again next time we’re in NYC (and there will be a next time!)…my days of staying in Midtown are over!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashlie A, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Soho, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott, Manhattan/SoHo! We are so happy to see you enjoyed your stay and we hope we will be your Hotel of choice when your travels bring you back to New York City. Thank you for your business!
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

This hotel is good located in Soho. You are close to all nice resto and charming cafe. Very polite stuff.
But not the best value for money imho. It was quite expensive for what it is, but room was honestly old, absolutely "faceless",not even shower gel, no drinks in minibar... and all looks a bit tired. Even tv. Need to be renovated. Plus we 've been stacked in elevator!was quickly solved out fortunately , but still.. Not that pleasant.
For it's cost, i would choose another place to go in Soho.

Room Tip: ask for a room on a high floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

First, you need to know that this hotel is on Varick Street, which is the primary artery into the Holland Tunnel. So, if you are going to arrive at the hotel between 4 and 8 pm, plan to be stuck in traffic for an hour.

The hotel location is very good for the West Village and NYU.

This was our central base for a wedding party. In person, the staff displayed a lot of enthusiasm and hustle. But in fact, there were a number of dropped balls that made the overall stay quite frustrating:

1. Not all of the guest bags were handed out.

2. The assigned rooms were exceptionally small. When some of the guests asked for a larger room, they were moved, but were not provided the negotiated group rate.

3. We arranged for a "suite", apparently the one and only in the hotel. Well, this is also one of the handicap enabled rooms. And does not in any way approximate "apartment size", like we were promised (my daughter, the bride, has had 3 apartments in NYC, so I can compare.)

a. The "closet" was a standing wardrobe. Since a person in a wheelchair would need access, the hanging bar was four feet high. I appreciate the design, but not particularly ideal when a WEDDING PARTY is arriving with multiple suitcases and a WEDDING DRESS. The staff did find a hanging rack, which solved the essential problem, but also consumed the remaining and very limited free space in the bedroom.

b. The shower has no separation from the primary bathroom floor. Again, appropriate for the room design. Also allows shower water all over the floor after bathing. Which we had to mop up with every available towel.

4. We had hired a hair dresser and make-up artists for the wedding party. These ladies were to be in their own room, with explicit arrangements that their charges were to my bill. Of course, when they checked out, their credit card was charged. Easily switched later that morning, but why can't the staff handle a simple instruction?

I've stayed at Marriott hotels for nearly 30 years and at various times, have been in their upper rewards tier. This is easily the worst experience I have had a Marriott property and not at all what I have come to expect.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Nicholas P, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Soho, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
I first want to thank you for providing feedback on your experience at our hotel and sincerely apologize for the issues you described above and for not receiving the traditional Marriott experience you have come to expect. I assure you I will review this with our team to ensure a positive experience for our guests. If you would like to discuss further I would be more than happy to speak with you about it. My e-mail address is nicholas.pappagallo@marriott.com. Again thank you for this important feedback as our guest satisfaction is a top priority.

Durham, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

This hotel was perfect for me and my 2 daughters. The location was perfect - right next to the subway and within walking distance to NYU. We requested a high floor and had a nice view of the new World Trade Center building. Staff was friendly and arranged a car for us to get to LGA very early on a Sunday. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a top floor south facing room so we had a great view of the new World Trade Center building.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Nicholas P, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Soho, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for your review! I am so glad you and your daughters liked the hotel, its location and our team members. We hope you can visit again.

Roma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We spend a week at the hotel with my boyfriend. Here are the conclusions:
It s perfectly clean.
The bed is so great!
One block from subway.
The room and around was quiet,
Friendly guys at the front desk.
We will stay here again and again!

Thank you for your review and feedback on the hotel, we are thrilled you like the location and the staff treated you good. We look forward to having you back soon.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed here last march for 3 days. The rooms were very small but clean. I had a great NYC view of another brick wall. The front desk was very helpful but the small food counter was a joke. Perhaps it has been upgraded by now. The location can't be beat for the Village and Lower Manhattan.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Martina S, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Soho, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Hello and thank you for your review! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the overall location of the Hotel and the service from the Front Desk Team. I am sorry to hear your dissapointment with our cafe, Table 181. This is a limited option cafe designed for a quick bite on the go; however we are always looking for ways to improve and would appreciate any input you have! When you book your next reservation, please request a high floor room and my team will do their best to pre-block this for you so you do not receive the "typical" New York City view. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Been to Courtyard New York Manhattan/Soho? Share your experiences!