“Could not have loved this hotel more!” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #121 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Could not have loved this hotel more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My best friend and I traveled to NYC recently and we were really nervous about picking a hotel not knowing much about the city. The Courtyard Marriott Soho went far beyond our expectations. It was the cleanest hotel I've ever stayed in. The staff was so friendly and more than helpful. Having a clean, quiet, safe hotel made our trip even more enjoyable. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family and will definitely stay there again. I never write reviews (even though I know I should), but I felt compelled to write one after such a great stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Martina S, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Soho, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Anne S: Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott, Manhattan/SoHo. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will certainly share this with my Team, as they love it when a Guest has an overall enjoyable experience. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will be back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were very clean. The location is great with easy access to lots of restaurants and bars. It isn't the most charming hotel I've ever stayed in, but it was a good choice overall. I would recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was a return visit and very disappointing. The location in Soho is great-close to terrific restaurants, excellent 24 hours bodega with fresh fruit and good salads, Hudson Drug around the corner and wonderful chocolate shop close by. However, the prices have gotten very steep and the current front desk staff is more interested in chatting with one another than in assisting guests. This was a startling contrast with our prior experience where that front desk staff was solicitous of guests.

The street noise also was horrendous.

Room Tip: Get a high floor in the back of the hotel as the front rooms get the constant street noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your candid review, please accept my sincere apologies for you not enjoying your stay, we truly appreciate this personal feedback and will most certainly learn and grow from it.

As you can see from the many positive reviews that we have and I can personally attest to many more wonderful reviews and comments on the various web forums; including our own internal surveys, your experience is not typical of the service or experience that we strive to achieve.

Thank you again and happy traveling!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I like this property. I've stayed here twice and it's friendly, in a good location, and comfortable. The last time I ended up in a Handicapped Accessible Room on the 2nd Floor. I was concerned about the noise, being so much closer to the street, but I was pleasantly surprised. Plus my room was a nice size and had a tub, which I like when traveling for work.

This is a good property that I am happy to recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

It has all the basics, but I had a few issues. There is no restaurant; it's more like food service. However, there are plenty of great restaurants within walking distant. There is no bar per se, but there is a sitting area where you can get wine and beer. I found the lobby utilitarian, not warm. It's a business hotel; not very family friendly.

I didn't get much help trying to get a ride to the airport. I was told to go on the internet. I couldn't find any shuttles that stopped at the hotel. I had to reserve a private car which added to the overall expense.

By and large it was fine.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel is not cheap, I paid $449 a night base plus a whole bunch of taxes. But like all hotels in NYC, it was pretty comparable to the going rate for the days I was there. But I felt I got a lot for my money. Free wifi that allowed me to stream a tv show without problem, free nice gym, very clean and new feeling, decent room that was equally as clean, and really friendly staff. I like what they've done with the lobbies of the courtyards too. Very nice.

Room Tip: I was in room 407 which was too close to the elevator for my preference, and I could hear some weird...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This hotel is well-situated in an area without many alternatives. Very near the subway and only a short walk from Greenwich Village and SoHo. The room was small, though clean and well-appointed. The bed was comfortable. Although next to the elevator, there was no noise from that or anything internally. The bathroom was relatively spacious, with a good shower and lots of towels. The drawback was the noise from the traffic on constantly busy Varick Street.

The staff was friendly, the little breakfast bar is better than it looks (though there are GREAT breakfast places nearby - try Cafe Henri) and there is free use of computers, which is very useful.

Given high New York prices, this hotel is good value for money. I would not mind going there again

Room Tip: The higher the better to escape traffic noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard New York Manhattan/Soho? Share your experiences!