“Discovering my New York” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #258 of 810 Activities in New York City
Type: Walking tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Offering English and German language tours of New York city.Let me be your private guide and show you this city like only a true New Yorker can. Customized private walking tours and tours by bicycle and via private SUV. All tours are led by a native German speaker and licensed NYC tour guide. Tours feature a mix of stops that highlight history, architecture, shopping, restaurants and insider information about life in the Big Apple. Tours can be tailored to YOUR specific interests.
New York City, New York
“Discovering my New York”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

This past weekend I took a tour of my home town. They say there is nothing as provincial as a native New Yorker. I am no exception. For me the world is a handful of zip codes in Manhattan. What an extraordinary surprise to be exposed to another world in my own city. Karin conducted a delightful tour of The Bronx. Such a treat. We ambled around Orchard Beach which is so beautiful and ended up on City Island. It was like a weekend in Cape Cod. I kept having to reconcile reality by glimpsing the Manhattan skyline above the sailboats and the quaint cottages. It was great fun. Relaxed, informal and informative.
I can't say enough great things about Karin. Looking forward to many more expeditions with her.

NY
“WHAT A WEALTH OF INFORMATION”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

My German speaking cousins were visiting NYC for a few days. Having heard of Karin Bratone, I arranged a tour. As a native New Yorker, I was shocked how much I did not know about my great city. Karin has a great personality and has an incredible amount of knowledge about old NY, architecture and random FUN facts.

Mountainview, CA
13 attraction reviews
“In 5 hours, Karin made us feel like we had spent 5 days in the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

We chose Karin for her German speaking capabilities, but in reality, she didn't have to translate too much for us, as her explanations were easily understood in just English. Karin's knowledge of the city, from knowing how to get around in an efficient manner, to little hidden secrets which only locals know about, to the new and hip parks and neighborhoods made our experience that much more pleasurable. I highly recommend Karin for her German skills and (more importantly), her ability to provide a really fun and rewarding tour of NYC in such a short period of time. Thanks again!!!

Travelers who viewed Private German/English Tours of New York City: Karin Bratone also viewed

Been to Private German/English Tours of New York City: Karin Bratone? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Private German/English Tours of New York City: Karin Bratone, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.