“Wonderful staff, great location” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 25%
Ranked #79 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Adelaide, Australia
“Wonderful staff, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I love, love, loved my stay at the Cassa. I originally booked for a week, however my flight was delayed, so I arrived there a day late and was immediately upgraded. The staff were friendly and welcoming and I always got a hello as I entered and left the hotel The hotel is close to Times Square, but far enough away to avoid the crowds. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and will recommend it to anyone looking for a more "personal" hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
pridguard60763, Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Judyb555,

Thank you for the great review and I am so happy that you had a fantastic stay with us. Your review was great and to the point and we could not have asked for anything more from you.

Thanks for keeping us informed and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights with some friends. Unfortunately we had some problems. Our key cards were reset several times as they would never work and our A/C was broken. It was over 90F and very humid in New York that week! Had to move to a different room temporarily when we returned to our room after 1:00am because of the A/C. We were reassured that it would be fixed in the morning but the maintenance workers did not get to it until the afternoon and then it still didn't work. So we moved all of our things to yet a 3rd room. The key cards and the A/C worked just fine it that room. There were a lot of apologies but nothing was done for us until late afternoon on the second day.
On another note, our friends had no issues with their room.
Location was perfect for access to Times Square and theatres.
This is a smaller boutique style hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
pridguard60763, Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Dorris M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on your most recent stay with us. We are glad that Cassa was the hotel of choice but disappointed we were not able to have your stay be as smooth as your friends. Your feedback is critical to us to better understand and pin point the opportunities our guests have been facing and create solutions to improve our process and overall guest experience.

I apologize that our colleagues did not attend to your needs as expected but trust that should you decide to return to NYC you will reach out to me so that I can secure a more pleasant and memorable visit.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed at this hotel the end of June. It was a last minute trip and this happened to be one of the cheapest hotel in Times Square area. The location of the hotel is perfect. It's on a quiet street but only a couple of blocks from times square. An easy 10 min or less walk. The hotel is very clean.

PROS:
-Location
- hotel super clean
-Front desk very welcoming and professional
-room was right by the elevator but we didn't hear the elevator or people coming in and out.
-Modern design
- There is a restaurant with a cute outdoor patio
-Bathrobe lol
-Hotel can keep your luggage free of charge after you check out (tipping is always welcome)
CONS:
-The view was very bad. our view was a building right next door.
- My friend and I booked a double bed because all the queen bedrooms were sold out. Big mistake!! the bed was very small. it was not enough space for two. I'm 5'8 and my legs were hanging off the bed at times. pillows were not comfortable.
-The guy outside who is in charge of getting taxis for hotel guess. We told him we were going to catch our train back home and instead of getting us a cab, he started having a conversation with another employee. it wasn't a work related conversation by the way. after standing there for a good 8 min, we decided to try to stop a cab ourselves, once he saw that, he stopped his conversation and got us a cab. I thought that was very rude especially that he knew we were going to catch a train.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your hotel experience with us. While I am disappointed your stay was not as memorable as most of our guests who have posted on trip Advisor, it tells me we have a few opportunities to work on. Our guest feedback is crucial to us and I would like to assure you that we will be taking a closer look into the feedback to ensure we do not impact another guest stay negatively.

I trust that you will give us another try in the future as your overall stay is not indicative of the services we provide and I would love for you to give us another try. Thank you again for your feedback and in helping us becoming a better Cassa.

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Cassa Hotel for 8 nights at the beginning of July.
We really enjoyed the hotel which is very well located (couple of blocks of Time Square and Central Park). The location is also ideal for shopping as well as for the night life. You will basically be in the center of all the best attractions in New York.
The rooms are big, well designed, and always clean.
But above all, the Cassa's Team was fantastic. They were always available to answer all our request , and they took the time on almost a daily basis to recommend us the best attraction in the city.
Cassa Hotel is the place to go while staying in NYC!!!

Room Tip: King size room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
pridguard60763, Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear FredRainglas,

Thank you for making the Cassa your place to stay while in NY. I am happy to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us and that our colleagues made a fantastic impression and created a memorable stay.

I will be sharing your feedback with the team and we all look forward to your return.

Warm Regards,

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The cassa hotel was exactly what we needed after a lengthy flight from Australia. The room was immaculate and the bathroom was spotless. We were staying as part of our honeymoon and they offered us free wifi for the length of our stay which was nice of them. Room was quiet, and we had a restful sleep. It was like there was no one else staying at the hotel.

Location was perfect, two blocks from times square. There is a little deli not far where we got breakfast and a few other groceries. Staff were helpful, and friendly.

Would stay again no question.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
pridguard60763, Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful words on your stay and perhaps the best of it all tagging us as "Classy Cassa." Your feedback is instrumental in our line of work and the customers perception so its always rewarding to read such positive reviews.

I am glad we were able to make a memorable stay and it seems we have made a Cassa loyalist out of you, so we look forward to seeing you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed here July 4th weekend and were very pleased! The location was fantastic (only a few blocks from Times Square, Broadway & 5th Avenue)! The staff were always smiling and friendly! The room we stayed in was cleand but quite small. But hat didn't bother us since we only used to room to sleep and/or change clothes between activities. The bed was SO comfortable, we slept great!! My only issue was that the mini bar was only and empty fridge. We usually use the mini bar when we stay in hotels, so that was a bit disappointing. However, it wasn't a deal breaker. We had a room in the back of the building (1103) that faced other buildings which meant it was quiet, except for our neighbors being quite noisy (which wasn't the hotel's fault). I highly recommend staying here!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your positive review for our fellow Trip Advisor followers to get a quick insight into the Cassa Hotel. We are thrilled you had a great escape with us and we look forward to welcoming you again soon. We take pride in our efforts to make our guests such as yourself happy, so its very rewarding to read reviews such as this.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Was here with my wife for 7 nights, first week of July. Clean, neat, unbeatable location, great staff, reasonable prices, great value for your money. Will stay there again. Just the right place for Manhattan visit.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your positive review and for staying with us. I am so glad to see you had a fantastic stay. We will work on keeping things consistent and ensure that on your return we will only continue to exceed your expectations. Keep spreading the word and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warm Regards,

Hotel Manager

Been to Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York? Share your experiences!