“Fine for a few days” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #92 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Northport, New York
“Fine for a few days”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed here for a few nights due to late nights at work. Try to get a room away from 45th street as it is really noisy. The continental breakfast is really basic and my corporate rate included WIFI (I cannot believe that hotels still charge for that). Very happy with the staff allowing me to check out a day early due to my plans changing at the last minute!

Room Tip: Get a room away from 45th street, it's really noisy!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
pridguard60763, Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for posting your most recent experience at Cassa. While I am dissapointed your overall stay was not flawless as most of our Trip Advisors insiders who have posted reviews, your feedback gives us an opportunity to correct the challenges you mentioned for future guests and for this I am very thankful.

It is nice to see that our colleagues are still one of our greatest assets and for your next trip with us please note we currenlty offer complimentary WIFI in our Lounge and are in the process of offering basic WIFI to all guests complimentary for checking emails etc. Our breakfast selections are also in the process of getting re-engineered to offer a larger selection of items from Butter restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you again and trust that you will allow us the chance to show you why our guests have rated us so high in their posts.

Warm Regards
Paul Ridguard
Hotel Manager

Houston, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Hotel is nice, staff friendly. Had a minor hiccup when checking in due to our hotel was already paid prior to getting there and once we check in was charged again. It was resolved quickly by there accounting department as they realized the mistake was made. I give all credit to accountant that realized the mistake was made, front desk clerks (morning) had no idea what to do. clueless. Rooms very clean, but small not something that I am use to. The bed are very comfortable. Each time we left for the day housekeeping cleaned the room as well as brought clean linens. That is what I call excellent customer service. The room always smelled so fresh. I love that. Would like to give a big big thank you to Emilo for just being so pleasant and personable. That goes along way when your visiting and have never been to New York before.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

A contemporary hotel in Times Square, not too big what makes you feel warm, a bit like home in such a huge city, in a not too busy street. The room was quite big, modern and comfortable. The service very good too. I have enjoyed my staying there and I would come back again for sure.

Stayed June 2014
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed there 10 nights and the hotel has great position. Staff friendly and helpful, the room was really nice and clean and for the new york standard big. If i go to the nyc again I will stay at this hotel. Lovely place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Being an extra block from Times Square made this hotel quieter and the street was not so hectic. The Jr.suite was worth the few extra dollars. It had one of the largest bathrooms I have had in a NYC hotel. The bed and bedding were top notch and the room nice and cool. The desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I booked through hotel.com. Hope I can find the same deal for my next trip.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Elizxabeth
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Amazing location, ideal base to get out and about in New York.

The staff were so friendly and helpful. Nothing was ever too much. The rooms were lovely and clean, nicely done too.

The free wifi on the 10th floor was great too. A lovely area too, you could sit out and watch and listen to the world go by.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JayHayNay
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Cassa for one night and then returned a week later for 2 nights. The hotel is in a great position, very close to Times Square and a nice walk from Central Park. I was catching a bus from the Port Authority and it was possible to walk the few blocks with my bags easily. The rooms are lovely and I was upgraded to a queen room on the second visit which was even nicer. All the staff are very friendly and helpful. I will definitely return.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business