“local w a friend visiting” 5 of 5 stars

Prepay & Save, up to 15%
Ranked #94 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York City, New York
“local w a friend visiting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

My friend from out of town came to stay with me and wanted a true NYC experience. The location of Cassa was ideal for our adventures in the city and Butter was EPIC- I can still taste the scallops. The room itself was spacious luxurious and the shower was lovely. I hope to stay again soon and will be telling my friends about this place.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

My wife and I were in NYC for our anniversary celebrating with a great dinner and a Broadway Play. I made and cancelled several hotel reservations until I came across Cassa. The location was perfect as our dining venue was at the same address and the theater was only 2 blocks away. Our room was small but functional. The bathroom was larger than most we have encountered in NYC and the shower was wonderful. The bed appeared to be soft but once we got in to sleep, it was very comfortable.

There were many small things that would keep me from staying here again beginning with pre arrival. I completed the information requested in the pre arrival email questionnaire. I was asked for my arrival time even though an early check in in was not guaranteed. I agreed to accept and pay for any upgrade that was available thi8nking it would get us a room sooner. Despite this, our room was not available until after 3 PM and no upgrades were offered. In that same pre arrival questionnaire, it asked if we were celebrating any special occasions. I remarked that we were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary. I would have expected, at least, a Happy Anniversary greeting as we checked in. During our stay not one word was mentioned of our special day. When we were finally able to get into a room, there was an envelope under our door with my name on it. Inside was a coupon to use for Continental Breakfast. Unfortunately, we stayed on a Saturday evening and the breakfast was not available on Sunday. I don't know why they bothered to give us the coupon. The windows in the room were so filthy on the outside, one could barely see out of them. I should have kept my reservation at the Marriott Marquis at the same rate.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I was traveling for business and got a great rate here. Rooms were small but tastefully decorated. Guest service was outstanding! This is extremely convenient when visiting the Midtown/Times Square Region.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I've been to nyc plenty of times and this by far is the best place to stay at. Price is mediocre and staff is very friendly. The rooms itself is bigger than most hotels in nyc. I recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed May 2014
Troy P, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us! I am pleased to hear we met all of your expectations. Thanks for sharing the tips with other readers and please come back and see us soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

First off, this is a fantastic hotel. Very well maintained, nice finishings, great bathroom/shower, very comfortable bed, and a great location (just 2 blocks away from Times Square, a couple of blocks to 5th avenue, a 10 min walk to Rockefeller, etc... very central!).

The staff was very friendly, and the housekeeping service was excellent. Our room was a bit small (which was my one complaint about the room), although, I'm sure they have larger rooms and a higher price point. The internet is not free of charge (and it's a bit expensive on a daily basis), however, they do offer free internet in the lounge.

Overall, very pleased with our experience, and would not only recommend to others, but would also stay again.

Room Tip: We were one floor above the lounge and were able to access the free internet from our room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We look forward to welcoming you back to CASSA soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the CASSA residence for 5 nights whilst in New York for our wedding.

From walking in the staff were extremely helpful. The atmosphere was professional and relaxing. We got to our room on 36th floor and the view was stunning and the room was great!

Had a great stay here, we will be back! The location is perfect.

West Hollywood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

It's tough to find a hotel in NYC that offers both value (quite reasonable considering the hotel's up-market qualities & unbeatable location) AND comfort (not just the amenities, but the reassurance you get knowing that the staff is not only extremely helpful but also has your best interests at heart). I highly recommend the CASSA HOTEL not only for it's value but for the ease and comfort provided by the excellent staff.

13lain-
Thank you for using CROWN JEWEL in your review. A brilliant was to describe our diamond in the rough... trying to use as many clichés as possible in my response. We are so happy to have had you grace us and hope that we can accommodate you again soon!
GM of CASSA Hotel

Been to Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York? Share your experiences!