“Great location! Good option in Times Sq.” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save & Give
Ranked #75 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Great location! Good option in Times Sq.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

My wife, my daughter and I stayed in Cassa Hotel during 3 nights in New Year.
The most remarkable thing: Location is really amazing if you want to stay at Times Square area. The hotel is located to only one block and a half of 45th st and 7th Av (that is exactly the heart of Times Square).
Some positive points: We received an upgrade from the triple room to a junior suite in the 6th floor. The sleeping quality (bed, pillows…) is almost perfect except for the annoying noise of the heater. The bathroom is big, modern and the shower is really great. I want to mention some members of the staff who had been remarkably helpful and kind: Hector (Maintenance) and Miguel (front door).
The negative ones: Free wifi is only available at Floor #10. When you pay more than $550 a night you expect a service above standard. Rooms are small as you expect in Manhattan. The reception area is too small (we arrived early and the only option was waiting for the check in time at floor#10). Nobody seemed to do any additional effort to accelerate the check in process: we arrived in the hotel at 8AM and we had to wait till 3PM exactly to get our room. There are not almost other amenities for guests in the hotel.
We are going to consider this hotel in our next visit to NYC

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
laboy70, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you to you and your family for staying with us. I am happy that you were able to have such a nice stay. I am sorry about the room delay, but as we run almost 100% every day and most of our guests do not check out before Noon, it is almost impossible to get rooms ready much earlier than 1-2pm. I am sorry that you arrived on one of those days that we were unable to get you a room for early check in. I am certain we did our best to make it happen.

For other future guests that are arriving during peak times and arrive early in the morning, I would suggest booking the room the night before so you have it at your disposal upon arrival.

Otherise we do store your bags and will call you you while you are out exploring the city and let you know when you we have a room ready.

Regards,
Cassa Hotel New York

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kanpur, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

My girlfriend and I have been doing extensive traveling in Asia and the United States. We stayed here for 4 nights while in New York. I had a excellent stay here as did my girlfriend, this was our first time In New York and the staff did a great job to make us feel welcome. A special thanks to the maid, Sarah, who offered me excellent travel tips and good restaurant recommendations. I wish I could remember her last name so I could recommend her a raise. She really went over the top with her service.

I love the location of this hotel as I can easily walk to Times Square and this is very close to broadway where my girlfriend and I had our pictures taken and enjoyed performances. The location is a very good thing.

The room for us was perfect our king room was just absolutely perfect for our needs I must say. The shower worked good the tv was in a particuarly good position for us to lay down together cuddle and watch. We also enjoyed the view. So far New York City has been the most thrilling place for us to visit and to be honest this hotel is a big reason why it was a great visit.
Will be coming back here on next trip to New York City.

Room Tip: Ask them for a king room
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
laboy70, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Thank you so much for your review. I am so happy to know you found NY so thrilling. I do for sure and that is why i live here!

Please come visit NY again and do stay with us!

Thank you.
GM of CASSA
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed at the Cassa Hotel 12-29-13 til 1-07-2014 the location was great, but they nickel and dime you to death. No ice machines, every time you want ice you have to call the front desk and get someone to bring it to your room.

Room Tip: Stayed there NYE location was good.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. Not sure what you were charged for that you should not have been. We do not have much to charge for other than the internet. The hotel like most hotels of the 3+ star level do not have ice machines on the floors, mostly due to the noise they make and cost to maintain. We deliver ice complimentary so please let me know if the charges you are referring to was the ice as this should be addressed.

Thank you.

GM Cassa Hotel
LOS ANGELES
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I know i am writing a review for this hotel late, but i wanted to share what our wonderful experience. my wife and I were recommended to stayed at the hotel while we were in nyc. Usually we don't stay at boutique hotels, but large chains. This hotel was a nice surprise. Everyone greeted you everyday all throughout the hotel since we were there several days, the staff would recognized us. The hotel has a nice viceroy touch. The rooms are very updated and nice, typical size for a new York room. The location is also very convenient, and great restaurant as well.
Id go back next time I was in nyc.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the review regardless of how late it may be! We strive to live up to our sister hotels with the Viceroy namesake. Thank you for staying with us and please come back again soon.

GM of CASSA Hotel
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Stayed here the weekend before NYE. Staff was overwhelmed by the New Year's crowd.

Check-in: slow process, long wait time. We were told our room was ready, but the housekeeping manager was still inspecting our room when we walked in.

Rooms: Standard room - nice, clean, good size, comfortable bed. Bathroom is larger than expected. THERE WAS NO HOT WATER

King room - 100 times nicer than the standard room...and there was hot water.

Staff: Friendly, but there should have been more of a presence considering the influx of guests for the NYE bash. There was ONE person handling bags.

Location: a few blocks from Times Square, good if you want to do tourist-y stuff. Close to Broadway, Bryant Park, etc.

Overall: pretty nice hotel, but I was underwhelmed. I got a good deal through a 3rd party website, but I would NOT pay face value to stay here. I travel to NYC 2-3 times p/yr, and I doubt I will be returning to the Cassa hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. You opinion is very valuable. We had a boiler issue and the part was not able to be sourced until the next morning. I am sorry that you were unable to use the hot water that morning.

GM of CASSA
Swansea, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

In November my husband and I stayed at the Cassa Hotel New York. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The room was perfect. Just about the right sized room you would expect in NYC. Another plus....LOCATION. Just a short walk to 30 rock, times square and shopping on 5th ave. I would stay at this location in a heart beat.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
laboy70, General Manager at Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you so much for the kind review! We do have an amazing location that is for certain. Close enough to everything but not in the chaos of Times Square.

Please come back and stay with us again soon.

Regards,
GM
CASSA
Merseyside
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stayed here with my partner for 5 nights over New Year. Perfect location for exploring NYC. Everything is close by, Times Square, Grand Central Station, 5th Avenue shops all just round the corner. Hotel is new, modern, comfortable and clean. Room was small as expected for central Manhattan but the bed was lovely and comfortable. The TV was as big as the bed! Bathroom was great with a powerful shower, complimentary toiletries and bath-robe. The complimentaty umbrella came in handy when it was raining one day. Hotel staff could not do enough to help us, they were great. If you need a car booking or directions to anywhere they were so helpful. There is a fantastic restaurant/bar downstairs from the Hotel called 'Butter'. Although not owned by the hotel it is a perfect pit-stop before or after a day of sightseeing and the WiFi is free in there which makes up for the fact the the Hotel charges a daily rate to use WiFi which is the only thing I can find to fault this hotel. I would recommend Cassa for anyone who wants a perfect location to visit Manhattan. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Don't pay for WiFi, go downstairs to the bar where it is free.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the wonderful review.. No faults?? that is almost unheard of as everyone likes to point one thing out that we could do better.. :)

I am so happy that the two of you had a nice time, next time make sure to book our Deluxe room or higher category as they will have Queen or King beds. The Standard is not really designed for 2 people as it is a Full size bed.. think College Dorm size bedding.

Happy New Year and please come back again soon.

GM

Been to Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York? Share your experiences!