“elevator nightmare” 4 of 5 stars
Review of NOMO SOHO Hotel

You added NOMO SOHO Hotel to your Saves list
NOMO SOHO Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9 Crosby Street, New York City, NY 10013 (Formerly Mondrian SoHo Hotel) (SoHo)   |
Special Price
Up to 15% off Best Rates!
Ranked #260 of 464 Hotels in New York City
The Woodlands, Texas
“elevator nightmare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

Great hotel, great location, nice bar and friendly staff - only downside was the elevators - big wedding on but it took ELEVEN minutes for an elevator to come to the 9th floor!!

room very clean and comfortable

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

There were a few offenders:
Initially I was put on the 2nd floor for a 4 night stay.
After I complained I was moved to the 24th floor, which was better, but had a broken fridge, that just didn't work. Showers were grimy. Unreliable Wi-fi.
The worst offender was the room service. I ordered a breakfast in which they forgot the bacon and the cutlery. They then told me it was my fault for not ordering bacon specifically, even though it was listed on the menu. By the time they had sorted it out, the whole dish was cold and they didn't apologise.

Honestly, New York Hotels think they can get away with anything. Only hope that they are reading reviews. (the sad thing is a friend works there in marketing - so if you're reading this - sorry!)

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Stayed there over the June 21, 2014 weekend with my husband and 15 year old twins. We all loved our bedrooms, the location and the staff. We walked back from MOMA to the hotel - a walk that brought back the memories of my NYU days. We loved the design of the rooms, the view - everything. I also liked the vibrancy of the club below. The hotel which is a Morgan chain hotel reminded me of the original Morgan. We are all looking forward to another stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to ensure - this way you get the view of SOHO.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Just got back from a 3 day stay at this fantastic property. The staff was great, very engaging. The facilities were beautiful, and well maintained. The rooms were clean, the beds were super comfortable. The atrium bar is a great place to drink the morning joe, and an even better spot to enjoy the end of the day cocktail.

One unexpected treat was the rooftop bar, the views as well as the drinks were exceptional. Very hip crowd, and again the staff was welcoming, not stuffy.

This is a wonderful property, in a great location. I look forward to returning again soon.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Westchester County, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Visited here last 4th of July for the rooftop bar. Watched the NYC fireworks and had an unforgettable night! The building was very modern and the lobbies were very cool! But the white marble bathroom was our favorite part! Close to plenty of NYC musts!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel, for which I have always held in high regard.

Unfortunately, this recent stay made me realize the quality, cleanliness and customer service is no longer at a standard I’d return to. There were a few items of concern that were brought to the hotel’s attention without a response. I will not go into detail here but it is extremely disappointing of a hotel to ignore the concerns of its customers.

While I did send the hotel an email to make them aware of the multiple concerns I did not receive a response.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
James B, Manager at NOMO SOHO Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear trusso8976,

Thank you for your candid comments and thank your for you repeat patronage of Mondrian Soho. With regards to your email from earlier this month, I have verified that all deficiencies mentioned have been addressed. It is beyond unacceptable for your email to have gone without response and I am personally looking into the circumstances therein. I will also be reaching out to you directly to further our conversation.

Regards,
Florence, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for the first time in April 2012 and besides an initial misunderstanding with the manager my stay in this hotel was super. A fabulous high-floor room with a breath taking view of the city. The room was lovely, spacious for three people, clean and with the most comfortable beds I have ever found in a hotel.
After this experience, I chose this hotel to spend a few days of my honeymoon in May 2014. So I had my travel agent book a room for this special occasion in good advance and furthermore got in contact myself with the customer service in order to make sure that everything was ok.
Just to make it simple in main points what happened:
- Just a few hours before our late-night arrival I called to make sure everything was ok. After two long-distance calls the hotel told me there was no reservation at my name. I was a bit worried because of the late arrival but they reassured me there was a room for us. At our arrival the reservation strangely came out..
- The room was very small and nothing but at a high-floor. During our stay we asked for a room change even at our expenses but no attention was given to us. I even asked why we were given a 6th floor room when we kindly asked in advance for our honeymoon to have a high-floor room and I was told that it depended on who arrived first at the hotel. In my opinion this is not a correct way to treat customers especially those who come back to the hotel after a previous stay and who tried to book a special room for their honeymoon with such advance. For sure something went wrong and our reservation got mixed up (for the second time after two years). All the US hotels we stayed in during our honeymoon had a special treatment for us that was very thoughful and appreciated.
- We had a problem with the a toilet clog. The service was instant but I unfortunately noticed that housekeeping did not use any detergent to clean up the mess. Terrible. On our second day we found sheets with a stain: sheets must be always checked carefully every time. Clean sheets and towels make 90% of customer satisfaction.
OK, we’re talking about New York but I think that a high price should be accompanied by good service. I personally don’t bother spending a higher price for a nice hotel but request to have a very good service.

Room Tip: Ask for a high-floor room if available. The view of the city is breath-taking!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
James B, Manager at NOMO SOHO Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear ZiaMemy,

I am so sorry to hear that your second stay with us was not up to the standard of your first. Our aim is to make everyone's Mondrian experience as special as possible and that is even more the case when we have been informed of a special occasion you are celebrating. It sounds like you did not make your reservation directly though the hotel, which is always the most direct method, but regardless it is unacceptable that your message did not get though to the hotel to be auctioned on. I will personally look into the miscommunication with one of our reservation partners in hopes that this doesn't happen to anyone else in the future. I do hope you'll return to us in the future and give us the opportunity to treat you to a stay more similar to your first with us.

Regards,