“Hip Funky and Centrally located” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 25% off, Book Today
Ranked #224 of 454 Hotels in New York City
Germany
“Hip Funky and Centrally located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

My First time in New York ! I cant believe its taken this long !
After an 8 hour flight, Reception was a bit confusing at first as it is located on the first floor .reception itself was small, 2 employees behind the counter. Very friendly and authentic not pre programmed ( which I loath) As I checked in just after 12:00pm the room was not ready but the gave me some complimentary drink coupons for the bar , plus for my patience and understanding a better room ;) . Bar/ Restaurant was very open busy well furnished/ decorated. seemed to be a hub for locals. Bar staff were friendly and attentive. food was great ( I just had to get used to NYC prices ) even after 2 complimentary drinks I forked out $40,00 for pizza and a beer ! I My room which was very clean and bright was located on the 14 floor facing North and South East Good view of the City.
Room was some what compact but well fitted with the normal amenities . Very comfortable bed shower was a bit strange as it had no curtain or blind, just a huge window so I felt I was showering in front of All of New York !! after 8 days I kind of got used to it.
Fitness room in the lower floor was very dark ( seemed to be the norm in NYC) but had all the equipment one needed for a good workout. Breakfast was good , had the normal flair but again dropping $40 for bacon eggs and a side of sausages .
The mondarin boast a roof top club which for the life of I could not get in !¨either booked out closed or full . plus you had to line up outside only to be ushered back in to the elevators for hotel guest I feel the should havelet you in without the hassle.
All in I real enjoyed this Hotel . its central location is perfect and price $400 per night was also ok
I would defintely recommend this hotel and I will stay there again on my return to New York

Room Tip: All room have a view , just try and get something a little higher up !
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Nice hotel , great restaurant fine staff but typical minute room Worse though is the AIRCO location in the room .This unit is a sure guarantee for any traveller to the US in summer to get a real bad cold...
The top floor with its great view is more or less unaccesible to Hotel guests and one is often treated as an ""intruder '' by the staff...NOT DONE!

Room Tip: get an upgrade
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
James B, Manager at Mondrian SoHo Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear johnblo,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience with us. We appreciate your patronage as well as your candor. I am so sorry you had an issue with your in-room temperature controls during your stay. We feel confident that we have identified the room in which you stayed and have tried our best to rectify the problem. It is also disappointing to here that you did not feel welcomed at Sonny's Soda Shoppe, our rooftop bar. While admittedly in past years we have had logistical challenges with holding open spaces upstairs for our hotel guests, we are now committed to ensuring that all hotel guests are able to visit Sonny's, with one guest, whenever the space is open to the public. It will, always, be the best idea to make a reservation before the space opens, which any staff member can assist you with.

We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again if your travel plans bring you back to New York,

Regards,

James Bryant
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is one of 3 hotels I've stayed at in NYC and whilst I loved the others (The Standard Highline and the Standard Soho), the Mondrian is the winner for me. It combines the great elements of the other great hotels, with the additional fact that it is super affordable (relatively) for what you get.

I stayed at the Mondrian for a friend's 40th birthday celebration where 6 of us gathered from all over the world in this gorgeous hotel. I loved:
- the design
- the incredible views from all 3 rooms which our group stayed at
- the beds were super comfortable
- the service delightful.
- the rooftop bar
- the location, near some pretty funky bars, restaurants and shops

Perhaps our favourite part of our holidays was the time we spent at the rooftop bar (Sonny's Soda Bar) - it literally felt that we were on top of the world both at their 4th July party where we saw the fireworks, and also when we spent leisurely afternoons eating gelatos and sharing a cocktail. Mostly though, I loved the design of the hotel, the incredible location and the views from our rooms. An unforgettable NYC experience.

Room Tip: We requested rooms on higher floors. Two of the rooms we had were corner rooms, and they were just m...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Hotel was very nice friendly staff and very nice clean rooms Very disappointed in the club at the hotel though we wanted to go in and they wanted to charge us 400 dollars are you kidding me being a guest of the hotel we should have been able to get in for free.

Room Tip: pick a high floor
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stayed at Mondrian SoHo in january 2014 with my girlfriend. Great rooms with a great view of the city, we hade a room facing Brooklyn. The staff was really good and help us with anything we needed(from bookning tickets to arrange transport to Newark).
The hotels location i perfect, close to broadway and several different subways stations.

We will be back!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

...anyone with class will be overwhelmed by the "bling" that attempts to cover up for the thin walls and small rooms. Even at a discounted rate I would choose stay elsewhere. The rooms are small and oddly shaped with bathrooms that are very small. TVs are off certain end from beds so be prepared to have only one person see the tv. There is a rooftop club that just opened as well as the famous club in the lower floor. While exciting for party goers who can crash in the hotel after a crazy night, all others will never be able to avoid the noise. Bring earplugs. The saving grace is the beautiful restaurant with amazing service and a delightful menu. The pizza with capers and salmon (while it may sound odd) is delicious!!!!! The wine flight is refreshing and the appetizer I would recommend is the octopus. While I didn't have any cocktails, my collage who is a manager at a restaurant and former bartender loved the drinks - even suggested that they were unique and properly proportioned for an enjoyable taste without limiting alcohol content. Enjoy a dinner here and it almost makes up for the noise in the room. Or come for dinner and stay elsewhere. Your choice.

• Stayed June 2014
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Hotels in NYC can be tricky business, but this hotel was just wonderful, our room had a decent size and the bed (king size) was really comfortable. The location was awesome, close to Broadway for shopping and eating - and close to the subway. The breakfast was lovely too. In the evenings the clientele was trendy and funky, and the roof terrace was wonderful. We also stayed in a junior suite, and loved that to bits. An elegant and comfy hotel. The staff were also really sweet and helpful (no, we were not paid for this review...)

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher level and a view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Mondrian SoHo Hotel? Share your experiences!