This is one of 3 hotels I've stayed at in NYC and whilst I loved the others (The Standard Highline and the Standard Soho), the Mondrian is the winner for me. It combines the great elements of the other great hotels, with the additional fact that it is super affordable (relatively) for what you get.
I stayed at the Mondrian for a friend's 40th birthday celebration where 6 of us gathered from all over the world in this gorgeous hotel. I loved:
- the design
- the incredible views from all 3 rooms which our group stayed at
- the beds were super comfortable
- the service delightful.
- the rooftop bar
- the location, near some pretty funky bars, restaurants and shops
Perhaps our favourite part of our holidays was the time we spent at the rooftop bar (Sonny's Soda Bar) - it literally felt that we were on top of the world both at their 4th July party where we saw the fireworks, and also when we spent leisurely afternoons eating gelatos and sharing a cocktail. Mostly though, I loved the design of the hotel, the incredible location and the views from our rooms. An unforgettable NYC experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NoMo SoHo is perfectly situated in New York City's SoHo district, an area renowned for fashion, art, and design. The modern, sleek design and energetic ambiance of the hotel are evocative of the surrounding neighborhood, which offers plenty of opportunities for shopping, dining, and exciting nightlife. Guests are just minutes from New York’s remarkable cultural and historical landmarks, including the nearby Battery Park with quick a boat ride to Ellis Island and The Statue of Liberty, the 9/11 Memorial and Museum, and the Empire State Building. NoMo SoHo features a conservatory-style restaurant that serves delectable dishes from award-winning chefs and a nightlife hotspot that offers craft cocktails and extensive wine selection for a night out in the city. After a busy day in NYC, the luxuriously appointed guestrooms and suites provide a relaxing oasis complete with exquisite bedding, premium amenities such as daily newspapers, minibar, and iPod® docking stations, plus breathtaking views of the city below. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Splendia so you can book your NoMo SoHo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian Soho Hotel New York City