“Great Service with Beauty” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
SUITE VIEWS
Ranked #216 of 453 Hotels in New York City
New York, New York, United States
“Great Service with Beauty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

New York City is a dream, but entering this chic hotel in the heart of Soho is like a fantasy. I was mesmerized by the Beauty in attention to detail. Greeted by of course an eye candy model named Omar with exceptional customer servce- my experience was 4 stars. Truly a memory in its own.

Highly Recommended

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

After a lot of reviewing, I decided on the Mondrian SoHo for my best friend's first trip to the city. I immediately got into contact with Leah, the guest experience manager, to ask for a room with a view. She emailed me back in FIVE minutes, and even referred the concierge to me who also reached out, giving me the names and descriptions of their personal favorite restaurants and places in the area. When I got to the hotel, our room was already ready before our check-in time, and we had the exact sort of room I was hoping for! From that moment on, the trip was fantastic. The restaurant in the hotel is delicious, the staff is friendly, and the rooms are beautiful. In terms of location, it's SoHo so if you complain about anything I question your judgement! The halls weren't at all busy so it felt like as soon as you walked in, you were home. The beds are super comfortable, also! This will be the hotel I put all of my friends and family in whenever they come to visit me. Can't recommend enough. Thanks, Leah and Mondrian Team!!

Room Tip: The rooms are definitely very sunny, and it made things a little warm. There are pretty effective bl...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Huntington Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We had a lovely stay but it just was not worth the 500+ dollars per night. The location is great in Soho, close to everything, the service was pretty good, the rooms were nice (albeit tiny) and as much as NYC is expensive, I just didn't feel like we got our money's worth. The hair and skin care products, however, were amazing!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Cornelius, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

We stayed at the Mondrian over July 4th weekend. The entrance and restaurant are beautiful. We were escorted to our room and upon entering we noticed it smelled like smoke. Called the front desk and they immediately apologized and upgraded us to a wonderful room (small, but hey, its NYC).

We used the concierge to plan our 4th of July plans and make a reservation at a trendy steak house in Mid-town. They really knew the ins and outs of the whole city, not just SoHo.

Also, important to note, the room service food is great (cookies and milk are soooo yummy) and the breakfast downstairs is first class as well.

This was my first time at a Mondrian and this location did not disappoint.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I like the Mondrian chain, it offers the same type of quality and service, although I must admit that the restaurant in Soho was slow, and not very attentive. Otherwise, I like to stay here, the rooms are large enough and I love their linens.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Rosh Haain Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We stayed in the Mondrian Soho last time we've been to NYC (last March). The location of the hotel is great, the archtecture is great, starting from the entracne, the lobbi, the rooms and the resturant. However, the rooms a tiny (even though we have upgraded the room to a suite) and the prices... The hotel itself not to talk about the prices at the restaurant which is large, causy, beautiful and good food but too expensive.

Room Tip: If the mini suite was too small so I assume there is no good tip
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I have stayed many times at the Mondrian in Soho for work and have always had a good experience. The hotel is well located just tucked a few streets back from Broadway and close to Nolita. The rooms are small (as is the general experience in Soho) but clean & comfortable. They have a beautiful bar for breakfast and evening drinks and the signature scent on entering is lovely. The service can be a little patchy at times. On my last stay, there were no bellman to help us with our many bags and the breakfast service is also pretty slow but overall these are small blips in an otherwise lovely hotel. It can sometimes be a bit noisy, particularly on the weekend, but the outside traffic means that you need to pack earplugs for anywhere in New York! I would recommend this as a great base to explore Soho, close to cool restaurants and shops.

Room Tip: The higher up, the further away the traffic noise and ask to be away from the lifts.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Mondrian SoHo Hotel? Share your experiences!