This hotel is not a 5-star establishment. I´ve been at many different 5-star hotels in different countries around the world, and when booking a 5-star hotel you expect a certain level of service etc.
- No one helped us with our luggage when arriving.
Rooms are very small, which I understand is normal in NY. However, the bathroom consisted of a WC and a shower. The mirror and handwash was located in the room, next to the bed area. This is a hopeless and awkward experiment which is just weird from start to finish. Also, the bathroom is only separated from the bed area by a thin "door", with 2 cm opening in the ends, so the person standing outside the bathroom could see whatever was going on in the WC area. This is also awkward for people who´s not been married for 50 years or longer. Also, no place to put your clothes, only a small "Harry Potter" room with place for one suitcase and a few jackets.
If you want a 5-star experience in New York, stay far away from this overpriced hotel. We did not feel welcome here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by Jean Cocteau’s cinematic interpretation of the tale of “La Belle et la Bête”, Mondrian SoHo is yet another innovative vision by Benjamin Noriega Ortiz. With Mondrian’s design, Noriega awakens the imagination and invites guests into a fantasy that offers an escape. The hotel boasts a mesmerizing ambiance that captures the sparkling charm and romance of New York, Isola Trattoria & Crudo Bar - a Coastal Italian restaurant with food and ambience inspired by the Amalfi Coast, Italian Riviera and Sicily. Mister H - an intimate downtown nightlife concept inspired by old New York, and 270 guest rooms - each with stunning views wrapping around the island of Manhattan, custom-designed bath fixtures, and a clever nod to the tale here and there. All guest rooms at Mondrian are non-smoking rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Loews Hotels, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Splendia, HotelTravel.com, Amex, getaroom.com, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Mondrian SoHo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian Soho Hotel New York City