First off, great location, lovely rooms and friendly concierge.
That sadly, is where it stops. This was my experience:
1. Waited 3hrs and 40minutes for check-in (after a VERY long international flight).
2. There were never any bikes (as shown on the website) nor Equinox facilities.
3. Waited an hour at the restaurant (which was empty whilst I waited for check-in) to be served.
4. Food in their only restaurant is appalling. Bland, poor produce and just terrible.
5. Despite the "do not disturb sign" I was woken up at 8am the next day for my laundry.
6. I then left the room at 8:30am to return at 4:30pm and the room had not been made.
7. The bar was closed for private events or simply closed for 4/5 nights I was there.
8. When I did go to the restaurant (again and again given there is nothing else) and asked for a drink plus nuts/a snack - they basically said no, I would have to order off the menu.
Best explanation I have is that they are grossly understaffed. Everyone was pleasant and I said the location and quality of the rooms were brilliant (room service great too). But this is no excuse as the hotel was full (events around the UN GA and Clinton Global Initiative in NY) and they should have known better.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian Soho Hotel New York City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by Jean Cocteau’s cinematic interpretation of the tale of “La Belle et la Bête”, Mondrian SoHo is yet another innovative vision by Benjamin Noriega Ortiz. With Mondrian’s design, Noriega awakens the imagination and invites guests into a fantasy that offers an escape. The hotel boasts a mesmerizing ambiance that captures the sparkling charm and romance of New York, Isola Trattoria & Crudo Bar - a Coastal Italian restaurant with food and ambience inspired by the Amalfi Coast, Italian Riviera and Sicily. Mister H - an intimate downtown nightlife concept inspired by old New York, and 270 guest rooms - each with stunning views wrapping around the island of Manhattan, custom-designed bath fixtures, and a clever nod to the tale here and there. All guest rooms at Mondrian are non-smoking rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tablet Hotels, Splendia, Tingo, Otel, Priceline, Amex, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Venere, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Mondrian SoHo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.