“A Great Find!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #290 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Los Angeles
“A Great Find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

From the convenient location to the useful amenities my stay at this property was better than I expected. My visit was during the busy holiday season, so prices were a bit on the high side, but it was still more affordable than options closer to the Village where I'd planned to spend most of my time visiting friends. The staff were always courteous and professional. My room was well furnished with contemporary pieces and although modest in size, very comfortable. Several great restaurants and shopping establishments were within easy walking distance. I'd certainly stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

This is my second time staying at this hotel & I love it. It is close to the office & shopping. The lounge & cocktail area are comfortable. The front desk staff are friendly and helpful. I just wish the Starbucks was open 24-7. This time we ate at the restaurant for breakfast & it was good and the service was good as well.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

This was my second stay at the Sheraton Tribeca this year. My previous one was a disappointment, and sadly, despite hoping my last visit was a fluke, this one wasn't much better.

First, I'd have to say this place if definitely overpriced. Sure, its Manhattan, but the return on investment just isn't there. With middling quality, service and amenities all around, its hard to justify the luxury price tag.

Front desk/office staff really disappointed me. I needed to charge my stay to a new company card, which I didn't have in my possession yet, so I faxed in a credit card authorization form with the explicit request they contact me and let me know it was received and everything was in order. Having not had to do this before, I simply wanted assurance my trip fine and I wouldn't show up at midnight on a Thursday and find out there were issues with my booking/billing. It took the initial fax request, 3 emails, and 2 phone calls (over the course of several days) to finally get someone to reply and let me know that everything was in order.

On checkin, the clerk was polite and efficient, but failed to notice my SPG status, and it took specifically asking for the check-in amenity (all I wanted was the points...) to get it.

Room itself is very small, though generally well appointed. The bathroom is modern and, arguably, the highlight of the room. Also worth noting that the Sheraton beds are freaking awesome, and I slept like a baby tucked into it.

There's a 32" HDTV mounted to the wall but, oddly, its at the far left side of the room, and doesn't have a tilt/swivel. So, the only place in the room where you have a direct view of the TV is if you're standing next to the window. From the desk, you have a near impossible angle, and from the bed its certainly watchable, but is still at an odd angle and less than ideal.

In short, an all around average hotel that charges far beyond average prices... next time I'll definitely be looking for alternatives in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Oslo, Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Our room was of good size (at least for NY), clean, the staff helpfull. We had trouble conecting to the free wifi in the lobby so they offered us complimentary wifi in our room. Much appretiated!

Only downside was the chaffeur service arranged for us to get to the airport. It took a good ten minutes from we got in the car until we went because the deiver was discussing something with an other driver! And on the way he spent the majority of the ride arguing loudly with someone on the phone... Later we saw that we could have taken the subway to jfk for under 20$ instead of the 65$ we paid the driver... But thats un us.

• Stayed November 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Okay. Front desk staff does try. Booked for four nights but had enough after two and checked out. Besides getting a room that went from being freezing cold to boiling hot with no relationship to the thermostat the room had no closet and was tired and cheap looking. It was full of oddly mismatched furniture that was more Salvation Army than Starwood. I sent laundry out which was not delivered to my room till I called for it at 10 pm and housekeeping was just plain lazy. The elevators take forever and they too are old and slow. While there we had a an all day conference and I can tell you that in a lifetime of bad conference meals this was by far the most odious. Turkey sandwiches with processed meat and a lobster bisque that tasted like corn starch soup horrible. I do want to say the front desk staff was friendly and efficient,,perhaps they should take jobs at nearby hotels There is a lot of new hotels springing up in the area..I can't see this one surviving in its current state much longer

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
NJ USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This was a surprisingly great stay. Very accommodating to both business and personal travelers. Tough area to find a good hotel, but this is an exception to that rule. The added benefit is being in a great location for food...Chinese food!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
New Rochelle, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Stayed at this hotel Friday evening December 6th. It is a little hard to find walking down the street. I was told by the front desk staff that signage on Canal street is strictly regulated by NYC. The room on the 10th floor was clean and quiet. Nice king size bed with comfortable pillows, mattress and comforter. The room is a decent size for a NYC hotel room. Same for the bathroom. No tub just a very big shower. Good black out drapes kept the room dark until it was time to get up.

WiFi was a bit pricey -- over $20 per day. We did not use it.

Good choice for this part of NYC.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel? Share your experiences!