“Solid choice overall” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #296 of 451 hotels in New York City
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Solid choice overall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights in May before moving to the W on Lexington (see review). We booked via priceline "express deals" and for the price we paid, I have absolutely no complaints!

Check in was super fast - front desk staff, bellman, etc - everyone was friendly. We were assigned a king room on the 9th floor. The room was moderately sized and super clean. The bathroom, while on the small side, was efficiently laid out and the water pressure rocked (no tub - which does not bother me because I don't take baths in hotels!). I did note that the towels were a little on the small/thin side, however. There were plenty of outlets for charging phones, laptops, etc., which I consider a huge plus. We only had one packet of regular coffee but had no problem getting more. Our tv was having some issues and within minutes of calling, maintenance was there to repair the problem. The bed was really comfortable, which made for very sound sleeping after a long day of eating, drinking and sightseeing. I don't recall street noise or door slamming being an issue. After all, it is NYC - it is a hotel - there will be some noise. I can live with it.

This was our 3rd trip to NYC in less than a year and we really enjoyed staying here and exploring this area of New York. I did not feel uneasy or like we were in a "seedy" neighborhood - nothing like that. There are several metro stops in the immediate area, which made it easy to travel to other areas of the city as well as bars, restaurants, etc. The Sheraton Tribeca is a very solid choice for visitors who don't feel the need to be in the middle of Times Square. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonTribecaDOSM, Director of Sales at Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Hi there Bethy2120-

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent experience at the Sheraton Tribeca, we really appreciate you taking the time to share this with us. I will pass along your wonderful comments to our staff here - we look forward to welcome you back to our hotel soon!

Have a wonderful weekend!

1,016 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I am a Starwood platinum guest, lifetime gold - so I travel a lot and I stay at a lot of Sheratons.

I was upgraded to a room that was still incredibly tiny. The main issue was the AC came on and off several times an hour making it difficult to sleep. When is was on it *blasted* me in bed with arctic air, and when it was off the room was sweltering. Would be great of they could (1) direct the vents away from the bed, and (2) have the climate control be steady and reasonable instead of all or nothing. Also, the room was a little dumpy - the property hasn't had any investment in a while. Better value in NYC exist if you can break away from Starwood.

Dear Capataz_1974

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Sheraton Tribeca. I will inform our Engineering Team about your comments regarding the AC.

In regards to the room accommodations, I sent you a private note to get a bit more information as we would be more than happy to update your guest profile with us with comments to no longer block you into the accommodations that did not meet your expectations so that if we may have an opportunity to welcome you are not upgraded to these accommodations in the future.

Thank you again for sharing this important feedback - it is greatly appreciated!

Warmest regards,

Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night and left my blazer in the room upon checkout in the morning. I immediately called the front desk and security, asked them to pick up my blazer from the room and wait for my friend to come collect. When my friend showed up in the afternoon, however, the security guy (Dylan) told him that the blazer was picked up by someone else who presented exactly my room number, color of the blazer and what's inside the pocket. If this is not blatant theft, I don't know what is. Furthermore, when I called the duty manager (Michael), he simply said they followed the procedure and there's nothing they could do. Nice job Sheraton - at stealing from your customers.

mcpolo1997--

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I have sent you a direct message to discuss in greater detail and to assist you with your inquiry.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Very good hotel, good service and nice staff. Canal street was a bit noisy, but the hotell was great. Location was good because we walked to down town and Soho. Also the pirs and Sky line was in reach.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Hi Jon Steinar T-

How wonderful was it read your recent experience at the Sheraton Tribeca!

I have shared this news with our team - we hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Warmest wishes for a most enjoyable summer!!

Waurn Ponds, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Hotel was modern. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Service was great also. We ordered room service a few times and it came up quickly, the prices were reasonable and the food was good. Location is also great, with food outlets located close-by, underground with easy access anywhere in the city and also a few minutes walk from the Broadway Street shopping strip where you can grab some awesome bargains.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

As one who travels often to NYC - I spend my time exploring the city. I don't spend too much time in hotel rooms. Not one to waste my money of unnecessary luxuries - for Manhattan, I only want a well located, clean room with a comfortable bed, good shower, and clean bathroom. Our room at the Sheraton was near perfect: it was spacious & clean, the bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was spotless, and the large shower had excellent water temperature & pressure. Also, the location was ideal for a weekend in SoHo - close to the shops, the restaurants, Chinatown, Little Italy, the boardwalk on the west side (Hudson River), and all the other gems one can find downtown. My one complaint was that the wi-fi in the room was poor. Upon check-in, they offered to waive the $9.99/night fee which was understandable since: (1) in my opinion, in 2013, hotels should not charge for wi-fi; and, (2) the weak signal in the room was constantly dropping. Upon check-out they tried to charge us for the wi-fi but when we mentioned that they waived it upon check-in (and that the signal is weak), they quickly waived the fee without incidence. I would certainly return to the hotel for another stay.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms on Canal may be louder than off the street but they offer a great urban, skyline v...