“Great location and lovely service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #291 of 449 hotels in New York City
Melbourne
“Great location and lovely service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed here in November/December with my Mum and Sister. The rooms were small and there was no fridge ATALL which was quite annoying as we were staying there for 8 nights. The room service was also quite awful but you are in New York so there is no real need for Room Service and this shows in the quality. The wine prices are really reasonable though so that was nice!
Apart from this the stay was great. The rooms were quiet and warm, the service was great, the front desk and concierge all lovely and the location perfect for us. Trendy area, great food, best coffee in new York 1 minute walking around the corner on Church St.
I would definitely stay here again, thank you for a lovely stay!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

1,005 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed for two weeks for a business trip (working on Wall Street), so the location was relatively convenient. That said, it is on the 'edge' of the nice part of Soho, Tribeca.

I'm a gold Starwood member, so was given a room on the corner of the building on a high floor, which was good. The room itself was quite small and felt a little bit like a dormitory. To be honest, the hotel didn't live up to the Sheraton brand in my experience.

Annoyingly, there was a mix up with a special Starwood points offer which required emailing to and fro...finally got it sorted, but this isn't the sort of thing you should have to fight over.

Having said that, rooms were clean, the bed was comfortable and the staff were pleasant enough. Would I choose to stay there again? No. But if you get a good deal, I'd potentially consider it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Paris
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We made a reservation to spend 5 nights at the sheraton and had to cancel it. We called the hotel and they confirmed that our stay was cancelled but never sent an email. (the cancellation was made weeks before the indicated deadline)
One month later we received an email to inform us that they would debit 1721$ for no-show!!! They now pretend that we never called and accused us of lying!!

Sheraton Tribeca is a shame to the Sheraton group.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My husband and I travel to New York at least once a year and this year we decided that we would explore other areas, aside from the major tourist points, like Tribeca and Soho. The location of this hotel is awesome. It is walking distance to Chinatown, where you can get some really affordable and great tasting eats. Little Italy is also there, but beware of being fooled into going into the restaurant without consulting the prices in the menu! The subway exit is also quite close.

The hotel is very clean and modern. The room is pretty spacious, considering New York standards. We were especially pleased with the size of the bathroom. Very spacious. The service from the greeters at the door, the front desk staff and the barista at the Starbucks were very friendly.

I would definitely consider returning to this hotel.

There is a pizzeria just up the block that has a special for 2 regular pizza (cheese only) and a pop for only $2.75! THAT IS AN AMAZING DEAL!

Don't worry about eating out, there are plenty of affordable food places around.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Roselle, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I just think some people who work the front desk 'GET IT' and the others...just need to learn from those people. The back story: We checked in on Friday night, Dec. 21st about 10pm coming in from Chicago. We are Starwood people and are here to see some family in Manhattan (See the tree and the windows, etc) and then we head upstate to see the rest of the family. We had a 2 night stay.

We decided what we would do was get a regular room on points and the next night, upgrade to a Jr. Suite at our expense. James saw us coming in with 3 pieces of luggage (full of gifts!) and all I can say was he was very pleasant. He noticed that we had a smaller room 1 night and a little larger the second. He said 'Let me see what I can do about not having to move you guys at all.'
He informed us that there was a Jr Suite available but on the 3rd floor...that just means no view. We gladly took it because he was honest and said 'you guys, with all your luggage, will find the regular room to be too small so lets get you in the suite'. I'm not in touch with this small room thing or what the difference with floor levels but he explained that you start to get a view of the skyline past floor 14. He said to go check it out and if we liked the third floor room, we can stay both nights but if we wanted a view, he would do whatever he could to get us higher than the 14th floor.

We went in the room, unpacked a few things and then headed back down. For me, the room was fine, no view of anything but good enough. We were having a glass of wine at the bar and James came and asked what we thought. My wife, being the New Yorker wanted to try to move the next day and go for the view. James said he would see what he could do. The next morning we went for a walk and came back and talked to the front desk.

Here is where it pays off to be as polite and respectful to the staff (TIP: lack of manners gets you a big fat ZERO in the hotel business!) He had ALREADY blocked us a room on the 19th floor that he knew a Starwood Platinum member was in and leaving that day. Already had our name on the room and notes in the computer. The guy was off work but had gone to the trouble to make sure we were taken care of with notes for his fellow coworkers at the front desk so they could follow his wishes. We had a great room with a great view and that makes for the start of a great trip.

What I can tell you about the staff, the hotel, the location and the neighborhood.....

Staff: Covered most of it but from the bellmen, doormen, bartenders and even the guy who came to our room and removed a bottle of wine that was in our new room (wasn't for us and boy did he feel bad for taking it back!) they were all EXCELENT!!!

Hotel: Lovely, newer, clean, comfortable. Rooms a little on the small side but if you stay in NY hotels, you know what you're getting. But the BED....fugetaboutit! It is the best bed I've been in for a long time.

Location: Tribeca is tough with the Holland Tunnel right there, Canal street isn't the prettiest part of town but you are just a short walk to the best I think NY has to offer, SOHO. And you try to stay in the dump hotels in SOHO!! Stay here and make the walk or take the cab. You wont be sorry if you stay here.

In conclusion, all I really wanted to do was recognize James Wong. He probably doesn't even realize that he went above and beyond, it's probably second nature to him. He deserves to be looked at by management, if not so already, as a leader and mentor to others.

Good job James- Merry Christmas!!

Adam L.

Room Tip: If you're Starwood, use the points to upgrade, rooms are on the small side.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is the reason why we joined starwoods rewards and soon after, Amex spg cards

I live in manhattan on uws, in a manhattan sized apartment ... Sooo when my parents visit its nice to splurge when I can find a good deal and book a room so that we are all comfy

got the room via priceline and was orig. Scared upon reading the canal street location ... All I could think of was us walking out of the hotel and being pushed into buying a fake chanel bag or folex watch ..... COULDNT BE FARTHER FROM THAT IMAGE

This location is IDEAL ... you literally walk a few blocks in any direction and you are in the prime hoods (Soho, tribeca, bowery, Chinatown obvi.) you are also a stones throw from the express 2,3 and local 1 train ... Again, perfect

Hotel is fairly new (I think a little over a year?) clean and modern ... Computers if you needed right in lobby etc.

We upgraded to club floor our visit and was worth every penny ... They have one of the BEST terraces I've ever seen in a hotel that was all your own! Clublounge was great to grab water and to order a class of wine and sit outside during happy hour ... This is how we learned about spg through the lovely server in the lounge and signed up right away

The rooms are clean, bright and quiet ... A bit small but it was king room and it's manhattan ... But with the lounge on our floor you really didn't care

The clincher was that they say they are dog friendly and ACTUALLY ARE! we brought our adorable, gorgeous choco lab Lola with us and the staff not only fell in love with her right away (duh, she's amazing and well behaved) they encouraged her to be social and gave her treats :) awesome awesome awesome staff from check-in to check-out

We are returning to the hotel Christmas night for two days, this time as Gold spg members and looking forward to our stay as spg "family"

Take it from a local ... This hotel is the best deal in nyc

• Stayed June 2012
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

There is nothing wrong with the Hotel. The staff are really good and helpful. The situation is really convenient for access to everywhere and is much more interesting than uptown NY.

I chose the hotel in particular because of the ease of access from Manhattan to The Prudential Centre in New Jersey, some nine miles and the need for a very early return to JFK the following morning. The purpose of the visit was to see the Rolling Stones in USA after having seen them twice in London. The plan, to make everything run like clockwork. It depended on my collection from The Prudential Centre and return to the hotel before leaving at 5.00 p.m. to get to JFK. Thus I rented a town car with driver to take me to the venue. Pick up agreed 5.30 p.m. The car did not show. Despite continual checking throughout the day all was on schedule. The company had no drivers, the concierge could not get a replacement and it was all beginning to go pear shaped. I had travelled over 3,000 miles booked an expensive hotel, car and driver. The only piece left in the puzzle is the last nine miles.. Eventually some cab drive that was illiterate took me, no idea where the venue is just arrived. Shabby car and a driving license he must have got form a Christmas cracker. I reluctantly got in the car after express confirmation from the concierge the driver would get me there and he did. He got lost, took over one hour to cover 9 miles did more u turns than any living or dead politician.

The Rolling Stones were great, best ever show, I been to a few and I took a call for my return driver who had been dispatched by the hotel to pick me up and I arrived back safely. I spoke with the duty manager Mr. James Wong, a most courteous and polite gentleman. He was horrified, immediately agreed to pay me back the $100.00 for the outward-bound trip and pay the return on the house.

It went from very bad to better all because one man got his act together and sorted it our and I am most grateful to him. He then bought me a beer on the house. Travellers note the concierge service in these hotels is often out sourced and the doormen run the management of matters like cars etc. Be aware as they are all on kickbacks and totally unreliable when something goes wrong.

My few hours’ sleep was excellent, albeit asked for an alarm call it did not happen thankfully my iPhone did the job well.

Room Tip: All rooms great, however the higher you go the more spectacular the view, it is "spectacular&qu...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel? Share your experiences!