“DELUXury!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue

You added Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue to your Saves list
Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10018 (Formerly The Setai Fifth Avenue) (Midtown)   |
Special Offer
Complementary 3rd Night
Ranked #10 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago
“DELUXury!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

I was lucky enough to enjoy three nights in an apartment suite at this upscale hotel. The apartment layout is the perfect configuration for a business traveler – I’m spoiled forever. Let me walk you through it:
1. Entry area has a large guest powder room and a huge mirror.
2. Living room has a generously sized couch, two upholstered side chairs, coffee table and a top of the line Samsung television. Off to the side is a kitchenette with stocked fridge, freezer, convection oven, stove top and deep stainless sink. All the glassware, plates, cooking utensils are provided to make a complete dinner for you and a few friends if you like to cook! There is a bar with stools that is a convenient living room work space. Since there is free wi-fi throughout, I actually spent most of my time working on my laptop while sitting on the comfy couch.
3. The bedroom has a Duxiana King bed with wonderful linens – the most comfortable bed I’ve ever slept on by far! There is also a great desk (outfitted with supplies), two large closets, a side table and chair and another fabulous TV.
4. The hall between bedroom and bath has another large mirror, book shelves (stocked with some lovely books) and a concealed washer/dryer.
5. The bathroom was my favorite – so perfectly sized I actually measured it all so I can replicate it in my house when we remodel! There is a walk in shower, separate toilet area, large tub and double sinks. The mirror has a built in TV and there is a separate makeup mirror hung at the PERFECT height.
6. There are huge windows throughout and they open to let in the fresh air if you like! There is also zoned heating so you can alter the temperature by room.
The beautiful accommodations are enhanced by the outstanding service provided by the hotel staff. They were attentive and professional. While I did not eat at the hotel restaurant, I did spend some time in the first floor lounge. Again, comfortable with exceptional service. The gym on the 3rd floor is another plus. I don’t think I’ll stay anywhere else in NYC. I really felt at home here and, as a woman traveler, very secure.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Turkish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

My husband and I visited the Setai in December when every room in the city was taken. The Setai was an absolute ultra luxury surprise experience! The staff was amazing and catered to our every whim. The service was excellent and the Duxiana bed was beyond! Also, you must visit the Auriga Spa - gorgeous! I also had my hair done at the Julian Ferrel salon and it was exceptional. We felt a part of the beginning of something great...We will definitely return...

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

Incredible hotel, best business stay of 2010 for me. Stayed in December. The hotel sas actually out of my price budget but I ended up booking through a company called Jet Luxury Resorts, got it for hundreds less a night, which is way I actually pulled the trigger. The booking company was professional, the stay was without incident. They promised me all the same 5 star amenities, check in, room service, etc and I got it. I can't say enough about this hotel and service. Had my own private personal assistant- whose really only task I gave him was to help with the ipod set up. Incredible bar downstairs. Huge room. Well stocked. Brand new. Fantastic 5 star hotel, wholly recommend it. And I recommend Jet Luxury Resorts for their price point. Will go back when the business takes me there.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

We stayed at the Setai, Fifth Avenue over the New Year and were extremely impressed with everything the hotel had to offer. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and they pre-empted many of our needs without us having to request anything. The room was spacious and kept immaculate by housekeeping. The beds were amazing - so comfortable it was difficult to get out of it in the mornings. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who would like a central location as everything is pretty much within walking distance. Should we return to New York in the future, we will definitely stay at the Setai again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

The most accommodating staff,outstanding rooms, great service.
You cannot go wrong with any aspect of this outstanding hotel!
Book it... U won't regret it!

• Stayed December 2010
Monument, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2010

Booked through nyc.com and got a 3rd night free rate which sealed the deal. The room photos online on their website are the Superior and Deluxe rooms. I had a Standard room, which was barely 400 square feet, mainly because of the huge bathroom (photos attached). Really, very very basic rooms on the 9th floor - not much different than a Hyatt or Marriott. 9t floor not very quiet, the ususal street noise, even for a new, insulated hotel. They were unable to upgrade me any more, as you go up floors the rooms are larger/nicer, but more expensive. I was told an extra $1600/night to move to a higher floor.
No breakfast snacks, but coffee/espresso maker in the room and complimentary sodas and water in the fridge, a nice touch. The area is not great at all, you have to walk quite a bit to get anywhere, but outside there is a Starbucks and others nearby. Easy walk to Penn Station and Macys. The staff was very friendly, still working out the kinks in the new hotel. The huge Spa/gym was amazing -- couldn't spend any time there though. Now, what I have to brag about: The Bar on Fifth was the BEST part of my stay, the barstaff was excellent and helpful, especially Robby who made everyone feel welcome and conversational as a group. Loved the live jazz combo every night, a great overall vibe. Locals stop by to enjoy the new watering hole. I would recommend it if the price was right, and you didn't mind hoofing/subway to get to other popular areas. I like to look for hotels that include breakfast or concierge level, don't you? Every extra little bit of convenience helps!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010

For the guest who wants it all, in the city that offers it all, with the best of the best, The Setai Fifth Avenue will surprise and delight the most well heeled traveler!! Just when you thought that you have had it all, The Setail will prove you wrong!!! The beauty of the rooms, details of the most basic services absolutely spot on, everything thought of before you have had to ask, this is your hotel in New York!!! The Setai cannot be beat by anyone! The reccommendations in all: restaraunts, activities, and shopping perfectly chosen by professional residents who know. The best chefs,, consierges, maids and hotel director are come together like a perfect orchestra! In perfect harmony all the elements of The Setai, make the most perfect "home away from home", only this is the home you always dreamed you wished you could have. For all of us to whom a vacation is improving your quality of life, as you know, the standard the Setai has achieved is impossible to experience any other place than the Setai. Every night we just wanted to yell in the most childlike exclamation," Whoopee!" We could not believe how flawless everything and everyone was! I have never before felt this in all my travels. I urge everyone to please stay at The Setai Fifth Avenue, to feel the "New York" that I got to know like the rockstar that they made me and my family feel like!!!! Room, maid, restataunt, front desk, concierge, hotel director (absolutely accessible), were the best staff we have every know!!!! Try the Setai Fifth Avenue!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue? Share your experiences!