“great room but a few disappointments” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue

You added Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue to your Saves list
Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10018 (Formerly The Setai Fifth Avenue) (Midtown)   |
Special Offer
Complementary 3rd Night
Ranked #11 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Nj
“great room but a few disappointments”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed this past Saturday night. Our requested courtyard view room was quiet, clean and spacious. Five star appointments in the bathroom and complimentary water, soda and nespresso were really appreciated. We were not interested in the view only quiet and there are some night clubs on 36th street so we wanted to avoid the noise. The hotel always had taxis out front and was only a few short blocks from the Herald Square subway stop (and Penn Station). A good night's sleep in a comfy bed and a convenient location.

Maybe the room was five star but that was it. There was a fruit water/coffee stand in the lobby that usually was empty and full of litter. Our first front desk person did not know how to check us in. The doormen were very nice but had too many responsibilities as they were frequently absent. The house car seemed to always be 20 minutes away and only the doormen had any knowledge of its whereabouts.It took over 10 minutes for an employee to retrieve our stored luggage.

I would receommend this hotel but not at full price as I think the service does not warrant the five star price.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Turkish first
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Not been to NY for a loooong time. Did some research amongst friends - you need to be Uptown, you need to be Downtown, go to the Village, go to Soho, don't go near Times Sq.................
Ended up at Langham Place because the decision maker (The Wife) found it in one of her 'ladies monthly mags' listed as best in NYC or next best or something like that.
Receptionist called 'Yankee', no surprise there then, was great. Very helpful and upgraded us to an Empire State view on the 23 floor, brilliant - or so I thought. The Wife didn't like being overlooked by all those people in the Empire State building????? Now being a mere male I had difficulty rejecting the upgrade!!!! But we ended up with a suite of circa 90 sq mtrs on the 22nd floor (not being overlooked etc.etc...). That's ninety sq mtrs in NYC. The room was furnished to a high standard, didn't hear a sound from the street. Service from all staff was exceptional. Concierge service was outstanding, they achieved good tables at notable restaurants and the hotel car, a Maserati Quattroporte, had the time to take us to one. Even 'J.Clarkson' might've smiled at that.
All in all Midtown's the place to be for obvious reasons you can get to all the other parts of Manhattan from the middle, no brainer really!! For me and The Wife, The Langham Place is very acceptable.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My two grown daughters and I stayed at Langham Place from a Saturday thru Monday. We were there for a final wedding dress fitting and a weekend of fun together. The Langham was very clean and appointed simply. We were supposed to have a room with windows and view as the last visit but ended up with a window with no view because of the buildings that backed to it ,and it was
advised to keep curtains closed. The room with no view. We were told the hotel was full and they couldn't grant our request for the room promised. However it didn't feel full as the lobby, bar and restaurant were never busy. Staff was inconsistent and unavailable. We will not be staying here on our next visit to NY.

Stayed May 2015
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

We stayed here as part of a work reward trip and from the moment we walked into the lobby we were greeted with smiles and fresh cut flowers that generated a real sense of 'no expense spared'
I could not recoment this hotel enough.
Thank you to all that made the trip so memorable.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for sharing your compliments about Langham Place, New York on TripAdvisor. I am so happy that we were part of your work reward trip!

Also, thank you for taking note of the flowers in our lobby. We think it imbues the welcome experience with a certain level of elegance. We're glad you enjoyed them!

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Aspen, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I only stay 5 star in New York, especially when traveling alone, and this experience should rate a SIX!
The staff is outstanding, everyone from the bellmen to the front desk to the restaurant and management, I could not have asked for better treatment.
Upon arrival, my room was not ready, so they bought me lunch while I waited! When has that ever happened?!? And the food was great! My upgraded room was fabulous, a huge one bedroom apartment with amenities and services I have never been offered before. I took pictures, it was that outstanding!
Everyone went out of their way to make sure I had whatever I wanted or needed. The fridge was always stocked with bottled water-in glass bottles!! My views were exquisite, the bed so comfy I slept in every morning, never heard a sound, even though they warned me there was construction during the day. I felt like a queen in an ivory tower, like I was their only guest. Breakfast in the lobby lounge was not only perfect and delicious, but I felt like the staff knew me. This has never happened before, especially in New York.
The location was really ideal for getting anywhere. I walked to Bergdorfs, the new Whitney Museum, Times Square and SoHo. Even had quick and easy trip to Brooklyn.
My only regret was that I had to leave, but now I know the only place I will stay in NY in the future. I intend to visit Langham Place in Chicago as well. So glad I chose this place

Room Tip: I was in 2203 and the views were spectacular, never heard a sound.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your glowing review of Langham Place, New York!

I am honored that you chose to stay with us when you were in New York. We pride ourselves on providing a five-star experience to every guest. I'm so gratified to hear that your experience lived up to our brand promise.

I'm so glad that you enjoyed lunch at Measure Lounge. I'm only sorry that your room wasn't ready when you arrived. We do offer flexible check-in and check-out times when possible, which can often make it difficult to ensure rooms are ready for every guest exactly when they arrive. I appreciate your understanding and flexibility.

I hope we will have the privilege of welcoming you back again in the future. And I do encourage you to visit our sister hotel, The Langham, Chicago, as well.

Thank you again!

Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This is a very good hotel in an excellent location. The positive feeling starts on arrival with the reception staff who managed to be efficient and informal. We stayed in one of their basic rooms but it was a good size and had a great bathroom. We were on a lower floor looking into a court yard which, in addition to the dark wood of the furniture, made the room dark but that is my only criticism. I think the management should consider improving the condition of the courtyard. There were some nice quality features such as the offer to press some items free on arrival, free WiFi and a free supply of water in the fridge which was replenished daily. We didn't have breakfast in the hotel because we wanted to experience eating in a diner. The concierge directed us to an excellent diner nearby. We were able to walk to many of the attractions.

Room Tip: I think higher rooms not looking into the courtyard would be best but more expensive.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place! I know that you have many hotels to choose from in New York City. I am honored that you gave us a chance.

We strive to only hire staff that we feel are experts in the art of hospitality. I'm so happy to hear that the service you received was warm and hospitable. I will pass your compliments onto our team.

Regarding the courtyard, thank you for sharing your feedback. As you may know, we share the building with a residential complex. I will share your feedback with the team there.

I hope we will have the privilege of welcoming you back again in the future. Please let us know in advance of your next stay, and we will do our best to ensure a room with a different view on a higher floor.

Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at Langham Place, and we will definitely make plans to visit again!! I will also say that we previously stayed at Langham in Chicago on more than one occasion, and so we were excited to learn about this hotel when our travels took us to NYC. Turn-down service was excellent, and staff was more than willing to assist with recommendations for dining and getting around the city.

We stayed in a Langham Suite for two nights, and I must say that the service was truly outstanding! Special thanks to David and several members of concierge! The room was definitely well-appointed, very spacious (over 1000 sq. feet), and was a beautiful contemporary style. It had a separate living room/kitchen, large bedroom, bathroom with a large tub and separate walk-in shower (with TV in the mirror), and even included a washer and dryer in the suite. We took advantage of the washer and dryer, and housekeeping provided us with complimentary detergent and dryer sheets during our stay. There was also plenty of closet space, and the bed was superbly comfortable.

We took advantage of the gym, which is accessible to guests 24 hours a day. The gym includes cardio and strength machines, as well as free weights and benches. There is also a separate room for stretching and/or personal training. Very nice, and very clean! There were also plenty of towels, bottled water, and green apples for guests.

The spa is also worth visiting. I had a body-wrap treatment, which was wonderful, while my husband took advantage of the hot tub area/sauna/steam room. Again, the service was wonderful, and I look forward to visiting again.

As other reviewers have mentioned, you will not be disappointed with Langham Place! I definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place! I am honored that you and your husband chose to stay with us when you were in New York, especially since you are fans of our sister hotel, The Langham, Chicago.

We worked very hard to ensure that our guests' comfort and convenience is our obvious priority by offering amenities such as a washer/dryer in our suites and 24 hour access to our state-of-the-art fitness center. I'm so gratified to hear that you were able to take advantage of both of these offerings.

I will pass your compliments onto David and the rest of the concierge team, all of whom were thrilled to be of service to you during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Francois-Olivier Luiggi

Been to Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue? Share your experiences!