“An Oasis Of Comfort and Peace in Central New York” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue

Save Saved
You added Langham Place, Fifth Avenue to your Saves list
Langham Place, Fifth Avenue
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10018 (Formerly The Setai Fifth Avenue) (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 453 Hotels in New York City
New Haven, Connecticut
“An Oasis Of Comfort and Peace in Central New York”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I rarely have time to write reviews but wish to share my experience at this hotel with others.

The level of comfort and service is outstanding and the location very convenient for many of New York's attractions. We stayed in an Empire room and enjoyed the space and views. The bar was a pleasant surprise to enjoy an evening drink with its (not too loud) Jazz music.

Certainly, I would strongly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room with a view of the Empire State Building
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at Langham Place, Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue! I'm so happy that you chose to stay with us when you were in New York.

We strive every day to help our guests create great memories. I'm so happy that we were able to do that for you.

Also, I noted that you mentioned you don't normally write reviews. I want to thank you very much for taking the time to do so in this case.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Francois-Olivier Luiggi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We had a great stay at the Langham, shortly after Langham took it over from the Setai. Rooms are very large, modern and stylish. We were graciously upgraded several levels upon check-in, and had more room than we knew what to do with, including a large comfortable living area with couches and chairs, a sleeping area with a very comfortable bed, and a large bathroom suite that was bright and inviting which included several closets and storage areas. Front desk staff were always cheerful and helpful, and imparted the sense that they really wanted us to have a nice stay, in contrast to the more indifferent or aloof service we've had at several other (similarly priced) hotels in the city. The gym was modern and well-equipped, and the bar was a nice place to relax over a drink. The overall atmosphere is that of understated luxury - nothing too opulent or showy. A comfortable and pleasant stay - we'd be happy to return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

A family trip with Two adult sons, we stayed for 3 nights. the hotel is outstanding with luxurious rooms and the most comfortable beds. The location is perfect and the hotel car was available on more than one occasion. The front of house staff were amazing, a special mention to Matthew, Tony and Dwayne who made us feel very special and were very helpful in recommending places to visit. The food/service in the hotel bar was excellent and so were the cocktails! We will definitely visit again.

Room Tip: Can't fault the rooms. All superior, comfortable,spacious.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at Langham Place, Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue! I am so honored that you chose to stay with us when you and your family were visiting New York!

I am so happy that you were able to take advantage of our house car. We are very pleased to be able to offer that service to our guests, thanks to our partnership with Maserati US.

I will pass your compliments onto our team, including Matthew, Tony and Dwayne, all of whom were thrilled to be of service to you and your family during your visit.

I hope we will have the privilege of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you again!

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This is my second review of the Langham Place Hotel on 5th Avenue. This hotel is top in its class in all areas and the location can't be beat. The service is top notch and rivals any 5 star hotel around the world. The suites are wonderfully appointed with the finest quality Italian linens and the incredibly comfortable Duxiana beds. The only problem is that I am not sleeping great on my standard bed at home and I can't wait to visit the hotel again! We were escorted to our room with our luggage by Jonathan G. who I have to say is one of the reasons why I am writing another review. Its employees of the hotel like Jonathan that go out of their way to make sure that we were comfortable and if there was anything he could do for us. I was with my wife and our two young boys (aged 10 & 7) and Jonathan could not have done anymore to make us feel welcomed for our long Labor Day weekend. I can't wait to return to this fabulous property and to get the best night sleep ever!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at Langham Place, Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue! I'm so honored that you chose to stay with us when you were in New York City for the Labor Day Weekend.

We strive every day to help our guests create great memories. I'm so happy that we were able to do that for you and your family. I will send your compliments to Jonathan - he was thrilled to be of service to you during your visit.

Thank you again! I hope we will have the privilege of welcoming you back should you visit New York again in the future.

Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed with my wife for 5 nights. We had an executive place room on the 9th floor. Probably the bed room I have ever stayed in and I travel a lot. The bed was amazing and housekeeping provided extra feather pillows. As soon as you hit the bed you were asleep. The room was huge and the walk in closet and Italian decor bathroom was stunning. The cocktails in the measure lounge were amazing. All the staff were very friendly special mention to the door men and Yankie on reception. When we go back I would not stay anywhere else. Location is great and I know you get what you pay for but they do it with style at the Langham Place. Thank you

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue! I am so honored that you and your wife chose to stay with us when you were in New York.

Thank you for taking note of our comfortable beds. We are proud to work with Duxiana beds - I will inform them of your compliments to their products. I will also pass your compliments onto the team at Measure Lounge and to Yankee, who was thrilled to be of service to you during your stay.

Richmond, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights, and I've never experienced a more luxurious, modern, quiet, comfortable, and friendly hotel. The staff made us feel like family. They catered to our every need, including bringing me a firmer pillow that I requested. The room was large, and I've never slept in a more comfortable bed. The bathroom was well equipped, and I loved the makeup mirror that actually was bright. I wish we could afford to stay here more often, but it is pricey, however , if you can afford it, treat yourself!!! The location is perfect, Fifth Avenue with wall to wall shopping and restaurants. Also, my favorite restaurant in NYC is in the hotel, Al Fiori.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at Langham Place, Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue! I am so honored that you chose to stay with us when you were in New York.

Our staff aims to fulfill every request made by our guests, large or small. I'm so happy that they were able to make your stay more comfortable and that your stay was a pleasant one.

I hope we will have the privilege of welcoming you back should your travels bring you back to New York. I'll pass your compliments onto the team at Ai Fiori as well.

Thank you again!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The location of the hotel is very central and just what I needed, staff member was very friendly and could help me with all of my requests which made me feel extraordinary comfortable.
The quality of the food and also the room incl. the cleanliness was excellent.
I highly recommend this hotel to single travellers, couples or even families who appreciate an excellent and very friendly service.

some special treats I enjoyed:

- a house car of the hotel which I could use for one way whenever I wanted (for free)
- a mini bar in my room supplied with daily beverages (for free)
- w-lan access for free in my room

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Langham Hotels

We pride ourselves on making every one of our guests feel welcome and taken care of. We know that this is especially important for solo travelers. Thank you for taking note of our services and for mentioning them in your review.

I hope that, should your travels bring you back to New York, we will have the privilege of welcoming you back.

Francois-Olivier Luiggi

Been to Langham Place, Fifth Avenue? Share your experiences!