“Perfect accomodations and location - Imperfect service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue

Save Saved
You added Langham Place, Fifth Avenue to your Saves list
Langham Place, Fifth Avenue
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10018 (Formerly The Setai Fifth Avenue) (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #12 of 451 hotels in New York City
connecticut
“Perfect accomodations and location - Imperfect service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Langham Place offers the best suites in the city for the best value - make sure you get the 3 nights for 2 deal. It was the perfect accomodation for our family of 4 (2 small kids) during our visit to the city. Having en suite washer/dryer as well as a full kitchen is really amazing. The space of the suite is something you would have to spend up to triple at other 5 star hotels (especially on 5th Ave). Getting dropped off to the museum in a Maserati (free) was totally awesome! Free soft drinks and waters in the fridge is great especially during hot NYC summers. We had a large one bedroom suite looking straight at the empire state building. Free wifi is really nice as well.

However, when you are a proclaimed 5 star property, I expect a certain level of aptitude regarding the services provided. One night, our room service order (ice cream for the kids) never arrived after waiting an hour - after calling them, they asked us what we ordered (shouldn't that be noted somewhere?) and then told us it went to the wrong room (shouldn't that be automatically known by using the room phone?). Another example was when I called to book the Maserati, the doorman told me he would call me when it was ready. After waiting an hour, I called back and he told me his partner forgot to call me because he had gone for lunch. Turndown service failed to show up a couple of nights, which is annoying when you have a rollaway bed standing vertically in the hallway! Finally, the "Personal Assistant" is nothing more than a concierge who is supposed to meet you on the first day. It was nice she brought toys for the kids though!

My overall thought is that this hotel is too big for the current number of employees and information system. They all are a little confused and it's not quite polished.

However, there is no other place I will stay in NYC on future trips with the family. If you can get the 3 for 2 suite deal, you have to check this place out. The accomodations and location are absolutely perfect.

Room Tip: Empire view is pretty sweet.

1,061 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Visited July 2014. Got a 1 bedroom Suite. Complimentary Nespresso, unlimited Evian water, Badoit water etc. Room was spacious and well maintained. Very comfortable for 4 (kids 6 and 9). Service at door and desk excellent. Concierge could improve. We have stayed at some high end rooms in Vegas, Toronto, Hong Kong, Chicago, and this was by far the best experience. Would definitely book again in future.

Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Our family of four decided to celebrate our daughter's birthday at this hotel in Manhattan. The location is excellent, near Bryant Park and many restaurants and a just few blocks from the subway. About 15 minutes to anything. The rooms are spectacular, HUGE by Manhattan standards. The bathrooms are enormous with amazing shower, big tub, mirrors with hidden televisions, and lots of closet space. Modern, tasteful furniture with a hint of Scandinvanian design. Staff were very friendly. However, we had very uneven experiences with service. Turndown service wasn't done, room service did not take away all items, and conflicting explanations were given when we complained. To their credit, when I brought these issues to the guest services manager she did not make any excuses and made a substantial offer to rectify the situation. I was impressed by how seriously they took the feedback, and their response has earned them another look. Despite the frustrations, I recommend giving the Langham a shot.

Room Tip: Rooms fronting 5th Avenue have windows that jut out, giving people standing hear them a straight vie...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at Langham Place, Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I am very honored that you chose to stay with us to celebrate your daughter's birthday. I hope she had a wonderful day and I wish her all the best for the coming year.

I appreciate you noticing how seriously we take guest feedback. We always strive to improve our services, day after day, so your feedback was not only taken seriously, it was greatly appreciated.

I hope that you will give us another chance should your travels bring you back to New York. I will do my part to ensure your next stay with us is successful.

Thank you again.

Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We flew into the city last Monday evening and were pleasantly surprised when we checked into the Langham Place Hotel. Yankee at the front desk greeted us with a smile. She was delightful and sincerely offered to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. We were upgraded to a larger than standard room. It was beautifully appointed with medium dark wood cabinets and three very large windows. The bathroom was huge and had a luxurious shower and tub. Chocolate covered strawberries with a handwritten note were placed by our bedside. Yankee from the front desk called to ensure that we were pleased with the room.

When we closed the window treatments with a remote control, we crashed in the super comfortable king size bed. The room was particularly quiet, and we had an incredible night's sleep. The next morning we had a delicious breakfast in the main finding room.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel for business and leisure travelers. Thank you, thank you to the very accommodating staff of the Langham!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at Langham Place, Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I am so happy that we were able to make your visit to New York so special.

I have passed your compliments onto Yankee, who was thrilled to be of service to you during your visit.

I hope you will choose us again should your travels bring you back to New York.

Thank you again!

Wellington NZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This was our second stay at Langham Place, 5th Avenue. We live in New Zealand and visit NYV every year. On arrival it was great to see some familiar faces at the desk. Again we loved the huge room which is a rare find in this part of the world. The rooms are very quiet and well appointed. The daily servicing was of a high quality. The restaurant at the Langham has improved since our last trip and remains a vibrant casual meeting place offering good cuisine and an excellent wine selection.
This Langham property continues to represent outstanding value for money. It is a well organised hotel offering everything necessary for a great stay in Manhattan. The location is superb- good subway service nearby and right on 5th Avenue. would we return.........? Yes!

Well done Team Langham Place, 5th Avenue!

Room Tip: As high a floor as possible, especially for light sleepers
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. And thank you, most of all, for your repeat business to our hotel. I am so happy that you choose to stay with us when you come to New York.

Thank you for not only noticing what we do well but our improvements, specifically the changes to Measure Lounge.

I hope to welcome you again when your travels bring you back to New York.

Thank you again!

Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

What can I say about the Langham Hotel NYC?

It's a very modern, very luxurious hotel with outstanding staff, in a fabulous location.

This hotel is an exceptional place to stay whilst visiting NY.

The hotel is one of the cities sky scrapers located right on fifth ave which is central for just about everything you could want to visit.
The staff, including the doormen, desk staff, maids and concierge provide a level of service they can be very proud of. Their professionalism and attention to detail has to be experience to believed, as well as being very friendly and helpful. We actually looked forward to going back every night after our sightseeing and shopping trips throughout the city.
We stayed for 5 nights I'm a family room which was massive for the 3 of us, the decor and facilities in the room and bathroom were to a very high standard.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this Hotel and will hopefully stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at Langham Place, Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I'm so happy you chose to stay with us when you visited New York.

Thank you, in particular, for calling attention to the professionalism and kindness of our colleagues. We are very proud of the work they do and it means a lot to us when a guest takes notice.

I hope we will have the chance to welcome you again in the future. Thank you again for your business.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We chose very carefully this location based on the following factors: it had to be 5 star, central location, spacious with 2 rooms for a family of 4, relatively new and last but not least it had to have positive traveler feedback. Our search criteria led to less than 10 results and after checking availability and pricing we decided to try Langham Place. We expected a lot and the hotel overdelivered! The personnel was extremely helpful, knowledgable and always ready to assist. The housekeeping not only did a fine cleaning job but also was restless in seeking and finding my wife's personal pillow that had been sent for cleaning mistakenly. The empire suite was just perfect for us. Very spacious (100 m2), 2 separate rooms (the second room is however without curtains which is bad for light sensitive children/people as the morning sun awakes you), a huge and superb bathroom, a fully equipped kitchen and, yes, a Miele washing machine and dryer! We used the gym several times and have never seen more than 4 people there (well equipped, clean and spacious enough for 20+ people). Not to forget the daily complimentary beverages as well as the kind and helpful people at the reception and concierge. We liked the location between empire state and bryant park although not as posh as some hotels closer to central park. The hotel is a hidden gem and we can only recommend it. By the way we took the offer 'pay 2 stay 3 nights'.

Room Tip: We had the empire suite on the 24th floor with empire state view. It sleeps comfortably a family of...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I am so happy that you chose to stay with us for your family vacation to New York.

I want you to know that I've made note of all of your remarks, positive and negative, so as to better improve our service in the future. I'm sorry that you weren't warned about the lack of black-out shades in your room but I'm glad that it seems you and your family had a pleasant visit regardless.

Thank you again for choosing us. I hope you will do so again should your travels bring you back to New York.

Francois-Olivier Luiggi

Been to Langham Place, Fifth Avenue? Share your experiences!