“The Warmest of Welcomes to the City” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue

You added Langham Place, Fifth Avenue to your Saves list
Langham Place, Fifth Avenue
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10018 (Formerly The Setai Fifth Avenue) (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #10 of 457 Hotels in New York City
Tampa
“The Warmest of Welcomes to the City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We flew into the city last Monday evening and were pleasantly surprised when we checked into the Langham Place Hotel. Yankee at the front desk greeted us with a smile. She was delightful and sincerely offered to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. We were upgraded to a larger than standard room. It was beautifully appointed with medium dark wood cabinets and three very large windows. The bathroom was huge and had a luxurious shower and tub. Chocolate covered strawberries with a handwritten note were placed by our bedside. Yankee from the front desk called to ensure that we were pleased with the room.

When we closed the window treatments with a remote control, we crashed in the super comfortable king size bed. The room was particularly quiet, and we had an incredible night's sleep. The next morning we had a delicious breakfast in the main finding room.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel for business and leisure travelers. Thank you, thank you to the very accommodating staff of the Langham!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at Langham Place, Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I am so happy that we were able to make your visit to New York so special.

I have passed your compliments onto Yankee, who was thrilled to be of service to you during your visit.

I hope you will choose us again should your travels bring you back to New York.

Francois-Olivier Luiggi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Turkish first
Wellington NZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This was our second stay at Langham Place, 5th Avenue. We live in New Zealand and visit NYV every year. On arrival it was great to see some familiar faces at the desk. Again we loved the huge room which is a rare find in this part of the world. The rooms are very quiet and well appointed. The daily servicing was of a high quality. The restaurant at the Langham has improved since our last trip and remains a vibrant casual meeting place offering good cuisine and an excellent wine selection.
This Langham property continues to represent outstanding value for money. It is a well organised hotel offering everything necessary for a great stay in Manhattan. The location is superb- good subway service nearby and right on 5th Avenue. would we return.........? Yes!

Well done Team Langham Place, 5th Avenue!

Room Tip: As high a floor as possible, especially for light sleepers
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. And thank you, most of all, for your repeat business to our hotel. I am so happy that you choose to stay with us when you come to New York.

Thank you for not only noticing what we do well but our improvements, specifically the changes to Measure Lounge.

I hope to welcome you again when your travels bring you back to New York.

Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

What can I say about the Langham Hotel NYC?

It's a very modern, very luxurious hotel with outstanding staff, in a fabulous location.

This hotel is an exceptional place to stay whilst visiting NY.

The hotel is one of the cities sky scrapers located right on fifth ave which is central for just about everything you could want to visit.
The staff, including the doormen, desk staff, maids and concierge provide a level of service they can be very proud of. Their professionalism and attention to detail has to be experience to believed, as well as being very friendly and helpful. We actually looked forward to going back every night after our sightseeing and shopping trips throughout the city.
We stayed for 5 nights I'm a family room which was massive for the 3 of us, the decor and facilities in the room and bathroom were to a very high standard.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this Hotel and will hopefully stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at Langham Place, Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I'm so happy you chose to stay with us when you visited New York.

Thank you, in particular, for calling attention to the professionalism and kindness of our colleagues. We are very proud of the work they do and it means a lot to us when a guest takes notice.

I hope we will have the chance to welcome you again in the future. Thank you again for your business.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We chose very carefully this location based on the following factors: it had to be 5 star, central location, spacious with 2 rooms for a family of 4, relatively new and last but not least it had to have positive traveler feedback. Our search criteria led to less than 10 results and after checking availability and pricing we decided to try Langham Place. We expected a lot and the hotel overdelivered! The personnel was extremely helpful, knowledgable and always ready to assist. The housekeeping not only did a fine cleaning job but also was restless in seeking and finding my wife's personal pillow that had been sent for cleaning mistakenly. The empire suite was just perfect for us. Very spacious (100 m2), 2 separate rooms (the second room is however without curtains which is bad for light sensitive children/people as the morning sun awakes you), a huge and superb bathroom, a fully equipped kitchen and, yes, a Miele washing machine and dryer! We used the gym several times and have never seen more than 4 people there (well equipped, clean and spacious enough for 20+ people). Not to forget the daily complimentary beverages as well as the kind and helpful people at the reception and concierge. We liked the location between empire state and bryant park although not as posh as some hotels closer to central park. The hotel is a hidden gem and we can only recommend it. By the way we took the offer 'pay 2 stay 3 nights'.

Room Tip: We had the empire suite on the 24th floor with empire state view. It sleeps comfortably a family of...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I am so happy that you chose to stay with us for your family vacation to New York.

I want you to know that I've made note of all of your remarks, positive and negative, so as to better improve our service in the future. I'm sorry that you weren't warned about the lack of black-out shades in your room but I'm glad that it seems you and your family had a pleasant visit regardless.

Thank you again for choosing us. I hope you will do so again should your travels bring you back to New York.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I had a hugely enjoyable stay at Langham Place a couple of weeks ago. The room was a great size ,the bathroom even larger than the one in my apartment, and everything felt very stylish and contemporary without being overly-trendy. It honestly felt like a home from home, and was a great place to come back to for a break in between excursions out exploring the city. The mid-town location is ideal as well, and it is very easy to travel all across Manhattan from the hotel.
The best thing about this hotel though was the amazing staff. Everyone provided a great service and made it look effortless. If I was in the hotel business, I would employ any one of them tomorrow. Everyone goes out of their way to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere, which makes all the guests completely relaxed and comfortable. A special mention must go to Caroline (really hope I have got her name right!) at the front desk who was totally charming and incredibly helpful to all of us throughout our stay.
I would recommend Langham Place to anyone who is looking for the great service and large rooms found in more traditional hotels but does not really like the formal ‘old-fashioned’ atmosphere which some of them still have. This was my first visit to New York, and I hope to return before too long (4 days wasn’t long enough) and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue! I am so happy that you chose to stay with us on your very first visit to New York.

I am so happy that you were specifically pleased with our staff. I am very proud of our colleagues here and greatly appreciate you taking the time to call attention to their efforts in your review.

I hope that you will choose us again should your travels bring you back to New York.

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Pros: the Duxiana mattress, deep soaking tub with Grohe fixtures, bathroom mirror had a TV inside it. Lovely view of the Empire State Bld. Free minibar soda.

Cons: Tried to ask about fireworks on the 4th but were told it was too late for a spot at 4 pm. Was surprised they didn't have anything arranged for guests. I guess this is just New York (?).

Location: Close to Empire State Building, 5th Ave, NY Library. Sort of close to Grand Central, Times Sq and Rockafeller Center. Metro was 4-5 blocks away.

Let me start by saying that we have a high standard for hotel rooms. We've stayed in some pretty incredible places during our travels, so we can be a tough couple to impress. However, the amenities, the staff, the food.. all were absolutely on point at the Langham. As others have mentioned, the Duxiana bed and deep tub with Grohe fixtures were highlights. I went for a spa treatment on the fourth day after my legs, not accustomed to so much walking, were really starting to get painfully strained. The fourth level is devoted to a lovely spa with showers, steam rooms, sauna, a snack bar, a chill room, and hot tub. I enjoyed the sauna and hot tub after my (heavenly) deep tissue massage. It was exactly the refreshing experience I needed to get back into enjoying my trip. I wish I would have known that you can have access to the spa for $50/day without a spa treatment, we did not learn about this until the last day, and I certainly would have used the spa more if I'd known. The staff were all extremely helpful and courteous without being snotty. We've been to other 5 star hotels where if you are not dressed to nines you are sort of treated as second-class guests. We didn't get that vibe at all from the Langham, thankfully, and by the end of the trip we were thinking of the Langham as our NYC home-away-from-home.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I was simply amazed at the level of excellence here. This was my first stay and I found the rooms to be very well appointed, spacious and beautifully designed. The staff were outstanding. Everyone from the front door, to the front desk, through the restaurants to the housekeeping staff were all a cut above what I have experienced in many years of NY hotels.
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in mid-town NY.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at Langham Place, Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I am so happy that you chose to stay with us and that we were able to exceed your expectations.

It means a lot to us that, out of all the luxury hotels in New York, you chose us. I hope that you will visit us again should your travels bring you back to the city.

Francois-Olivier Luiggi

Been to Langham Place, Fifth Avenue? Share your experiences!