“WOW. Above everything I have experienced in NY.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue

You added Langham Place, Fifth Avenue to your Saves list
Langham Place, Fifth Avenue
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10018 (Formerly The Setai Fifth Avenue) (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
BOOK NOW - Up to 20% off!
Ranked #10 of 454 Hotels in New York City
“WOW. Above everything I have experienced in NY.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I was simply amazed at the level of excellence here. This was my first stay and I found the rooms to be very well appointed, spacious and beautifully designed. The staff were outstanding. Everyone from the front door, to the front desk, through the restaurants to the housekeeping staff were all a cut above what I have experienced in many years of NY hotels.
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in mid-town NY.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at Langham Place, Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I am so happy that you chose to stay with us and that we were able to exceed your expectations.

It means a lot to us that, out of all the luxury hotels in New York, you chose us. I hope that you will visit us again should your travels bring you back to the city.

Francois-Olivier Luiggi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The staff at the Lengham Palace are so friendly and helpful it made our journey to skyscraper city much easier. Anything you need, they had it. The breakfast and appetizers were excellent, the decor beautiful and the rooms very cozy!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I am so happy that you chose to stay with us when you were in New York.

I certainly hope you will choose us again should your travels bring you back to New York.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We are a family of 4 and it was our first trip to NYC. We had read the reviews and had high expectations. We were not disappointed. In fact, the Langham exceeded them. Absolute luxury and perfect location. Within walking distance to all the major attractions, Broadway and shopping. From arrival to departure, our 6 night stay was faultless.
We had booked a suite and had requested a corner suite on a high floor which we were given. The suite was extremely modern, spacious and clean. The double glazed floor to ceiling windows ensured fresh air and magnificent views of the city skyline without the noise. The Miele washer and dryer, Nespresso coffee machine, daily complimentary water and soft drinks, cookies at turn-down service, free WiFi, and the availability of the Langham's Masseratti were muchly appreciated.
Cannot speak highly enough of the staff. Ken and Balenka (in house reservations), Adam and Christie (reception), Almira (concierge), Frank and Jonathan (doormen) and all of the housekeeping staff were extremely professional, courteous, cheerful and helpful at all times during our stay. It was lovely to be acknowledged every time we left and returned to the hotel.
The Langham consistently ranks highly in travel reviews and is deservedly rated 5 star. We will always have fond memories of NYC and if we were ever to return, we would not consider staying anywhere else!

Room Tip: corner suites on a high floor are fantastic - spacious and bright
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I am honored that you chose to stay with us on your family's first visit to New York.

We pride ourselves on incorporating little touches such as free water and soda, and cookies at turn-down, because we think it is the little things that often make the biggest impression. Thank you for noticing these amenities and including them in your review.

I will pass your compliments onto each of the staff members you mentioned - Ken, Balenka, Adam, Christie, Almira, Frank and Jonathan.

I hope you will choose us again should your travels bring you back to New York!

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Our first trip to New York exceeded our expectations thanks in large part to the staff at the Langham. The staff were genuinely personable, warm and extremely helpful and went beyond just "doing their job.
We may not remember all names but a special thanks to concierge staff Dennis, Almira and Lillian, he doorman Michael and John (and others) and the bar staff of Ben, Nick, Vanessa and John upstairs. The housekeeping staff were also great and accommodated our strange hours and kept everything wonderful...and my apologies for the spilt coffee which was quickly replaced by Almira even though it was purchased across the street.
While the service was excellent I would add that overall the Langham was perfect for us. A great location and a home away from home for us.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Langham Hotels

LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at Langham Place, Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue! I am so honored that you chose to stay with us on your first visit to New York.

We are always striving to exceed our guests' expectations. I'm so glad your stay was so pleasant and that we were able to show you the Langham Place brand of hospitality. I will pass your compliments onto Dennis, Almira, Lillian, Michael, Jonathan, Ben, Nick, Vanessa and John, all of whom were thrilled to be of service to you during your stay.

I certainly hope that you will choose us again should your travels bring you back to New York.

Chicago IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This was our first stay at any Langham hotel. We love Leading Hotels of the World's properties, and this was one of the best ever. The hotel itself is very modern, with lovely dark woods and upscale artwork, and a terrific marble and glass bathroom (great shower!). The weekend breakfast buffet in Measure was great, and the jazz in the bar was a welcome surprise. But what really impressed us about the Langham Place Fifth Avenue was the outstanding service. We stayed there for five nights because of a wedding we were attending (not at the hotel). By the second day everyone knew and greeted us by name, and chatted us up about our various activities. I had recently had major hip surgery, and they had all kinds of advice about how to get around and asked if they could assist in any way. The hotel has a beautiful Maserati as its "house car", and we were able to use it a few times to get to dinners. From Jack at the bell desk, to Caroline at the front desk, to Dennis the concierge, to Dwayne the doorman, they were terrific! The staff is totally professional but with great personality, not stuffy or stiff. We definitely look forward to staying at the hotel again!

Room Tip: Get a room with the glassed-in rain shower--very luxurious!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I am so happy that you chose to stay with us. I'm glad we made a positive impression on you.

I have passed your compliments onto Jack, Caroline, Dennis and Dwayne, all of whom were thrilled to be of service to you during your visit. I am so glad that you were able to partake of our house car during your visit.

I hope you will choose us again should your travels bring you back to New York. And I hope you will also visit our sister hotels around the world, now that you are familiar with the brand. The Langham in your hometown of Chicago is also wonderful for a staycation, should that need ever arise.

Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Stayed a week in this fabulous hotel. The location is great - one block from The Empire State, 5 mins to Times Square and a pleasant stroll pass the New York Library, Saks, Lord & Taylor etc., up to Central Park in about 15mins. The hotel room was extremely clean and the bed was very comfortable. Housekeeping were efficient and always happy to help. It is a rare find to stay at a hotel where all the staff are clearly happy, motivated and enjoying their job. I have travelled extensively and lived in many places. Langham Place is now firmly placed in my Top 3 hotels. Can't wait to go back. Special Thanks to Balanka, Melissa and Derek!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I am so happy you chose to stay with us when you visited New York.

We strive every day to exceed our guests' expectations. I am so happy that you had such a pleasant experience with us. I have passed your compliments onto Balanka, Melissa and Derek as well, all of whom were thrilled to be of service to you during your stay.

I hope you will choose us again should your travels bring you back to New York.

Francois-OIivier Luiggi
Roscoe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My husband and I cannot say enough about the beautiful room and luxury we experienced while staying here on our first trip to New York. Every staff member we encountered in our 4 night stay went above what I ever imagined and were the perfect hosts for our first NYC experience. We would not consider staying anywhere else in NYC after our perfect stay here! Thank you for making it so special!

Stayed July 2014
LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at Langham Place, Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue! I am so happy that you chose to stay with us on your first trip to New York,.

We strive every day to exceed our guests' expectations. I am so happy that we were able to accomplish this goal for you.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to New York.

Francois-Olivier Luiggi

Been to Langham Place, Fifth Avenue? Share your experiences!