“Great 5 th ave location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue

Save Saved
You added Langham Place, Fifth Avenue to your Saves list
Langham Place, Fifth Avenue
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10018 (Formerly The Setai Fifth Avenue) (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #13 of 449 hotels in New York City
St Albans
“Great 5 th ave location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Celebrated my birthday here and somehow the staff found out and provided a lovely handwritten note and choc dipped strawberries in the room
Great sized room for family
Location is really good for heading north to shops and attractions around Central Park but also convenient for heading south to Soho,lower east side etc

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

1,044 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Turkish first
Thousand Oaks, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We recently spent five days at the Langham as part of a family road trip on the East coast. This was by far our favorite hotel on the trip. We stayed in a one-bedroom suite on the 27th floor overlooking the NE - had a great view of the Chrysler building. The service was outstanding - complimentary soft drinks every day were placed in the frig (the kids loved this). They left me a six-pack of beer, my wife a bottle of wine, and a bottle of champagne for the both of us. They also provided a huge snack tray (again, the kids loved this). We did experience a leak in the ceiling the first evening, but it was repaired within an hour (this was during the US and Belgium soccer match). The size of the room was fantastic - over 1000 sft. The location was fantastic - midtown and a couple of streets from the Empire State building. The bathroom was fantastic - huge with luxury amenities. The kids enjoyed the free wifi. And the washer and dryer were much appreciated! We could live in this hotel room. In fact, we probably liked the room more than the city. After long days exploring the sites, we all enjoyed coming back to our oasis in the sky.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Cuernavaca, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The most positive impression I have of my stay at this hotel was from the EXCEPTIONAL customer service exhibited directly by the general manager, Mr. Francois-Olivier Luiggi. I experienced a problem while booking online directly on the hotel's website trying to take advantage of a special offer. After entering all of my information and clicking on "confirm", the webpage froze up, and my reservation was never confirmed. Five minutes later after reloading my web browser, the special offer was no longer available, and the rates were significantly higher. I immediately contacted the hotel directly, and within 10 minutes received a response and apology from the GM, Mr. Luiggi, insuring me they would respect the offer I was trying to book, along with a complimentary room upgrade. My reservation was promptly confirmed!

Other than that, I was not overly impressed with this hotel. The upgraded room was very spacious and comfortable, big windows and great views over fifth avenue, huge closets, convenient washer and dryer, and the bathroom and bed were luxurious, however the hotel in general is dark and mundane. All colors are brown and beige, no art on the walls, stained carpet throughout the room (recurring comments in other reviews), and lots of wood that is scratched and worn (floors, cabinets, closets). One of the bathroom doors wouldn't close due to the warped wood frame. Burnt out light bulbs in the kitchen area.

I didn't quite understand the difference between the "special assistant", concierge, and guest services. Good restaurant recommendations once I got in touch with someone. The telephone would ring 7-8 times or longer when calling reception, operator or guest services. My "complimentary" refreshments were abundantly stocked with all kinds of drinks on day one, soft drinks, mineral water, etc. (although I requested extra water in place of sodas), but after the first day nothing was ever replenished, even after running low on Nespresso and water. I also never received my New York Times that I was offered at check-in.

Didn't try the restaurant or room service, nothing seemed very appealing, and everything so overpriced. Too many options to explore outside the hotel.

All in all, this is a nice hotel, very comfortable, and great location. However, even with the special offer and room upgrade, there are much better values in NYC for five star accommodations. Thank you again Mr. Luiggi for your exceptional customer service.

Room Tip: Higher the better for the views, suites are very spacious
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Langham Place... where everything is in the details.

My boyfriend and I travelled quite substantively and I also have to stay on a frequent basis in hotel for work.

Location... we love to be somewhere where we can walk to do anything. A "walkable" area is the best for us. This hotel is directly on Fifth Avenue: close to EVERYTHING. We were suspicious that this hotel might be noisy justly because of his location and especially because we always sleep with the window open. You can be assured that your nights there will be into your most restful you never had before. Plenty of pillows, the mattress is (probably new) but still: it was like a cloud. The sheets were thick & soft.

The air conditioner is amazing: so silent and can be very strong (as we love it) even during the night and even by keeping the window open: we love fresh and cold air at the same time: the air conditioner was perfect.

The staff: professional, efficient, recognize you when you come in and out. Always smiling & courteous. They make your stay better: very easy check-in/check-out.

The gym: more than decent: it was one of the rare trip where we workout at the gym in the hotel: very complete, with a decent variety of cardio machines, free weight and weight machine. The gym is very, very clean (as the rest of the hotel) and very well ventilated.

The room is huge. Keep in mind, that usually in NYC rooms are tinny. There even the bathroom is very spacious.

We didn't eat there as we like to try place in the city: the location is perfect for this: close to PLENTY of restaurants.

Special thumb up to the staff for the lovely surprise they prepare for us: I still dream about that chocolate mousse cake :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at Langham Place, Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I am so happy you chose to stay with us on your recent trip to New York.

We pride ourselves on our ability to not only meet but exceed our guests' expectations. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our colleagues made you feel taken care of.

I hope you will choose us again should your travels bring you back to New York.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I didn't have a TripAdvisor account until today because I never really had an experience that warranted a review. This changed with my recent stay at the Langham Place. I'm a seasoned traveler so I didn't walk into the Langham with a low standard that would easily get blown away. In other words, I wasn't tweeting pictures of the bathtub to all of my friends or giddily parading around my room in the bathrobe and slippers.

Now I can describe the pleasant circumstances that prompted this review. My family joined me for this stay and Yankee met us at the front desk and made sure our four-day stay was perfect. The most remarkable thing about Yankee's service was the way she handled a mini-crisis that could have so easily gone awfully wrong had we stayed somewhere else. After checking out and arriving back home we realized that we had left behind the blanket my grandmother knitted for my daughter. Yankee to the rescue. She took care of everything and made sure we recovered the forgotten blanket. Crisis averted and my daughter is sleeping peacefully at night with the priceless gift.

So for those of you who may consider the Langham a splurge, an exception to the rule, go for it. You won't be disappointed. For those of you who value and pay for the best, ask for Yankee when you arrive. You won't be disappointed either.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at Langham Place, Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I am so pleased that you chose to stay with us on your recent visit to New York and that your visit was enjoyable.

I have shared your compliments with Yankee. Thank you very much for calling her out by name. We are very proud to have her as part of the Langham Place team.

We hope to welcome you and your family back to Langham Place should your travels bring you back to New York.

Oceanside, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My wife and I recently had the pleasure of visiting the Langham as part of our itinerary while visiting old friends in the New York / New Jersey area. We feel very comfortable saying that it was truly an awesome experience. Professionalism and courtesy are the hallmark of every member of the hotel staff. The room was beautifully appointed and perfectly maintained by housekeeping, with special mention for the Duxiana mattress and the Nespresso Coffee Machine. Although we did not take advantage of the spa services, we were very impressed with the aqua lounge, which we visited quite often. The steam, sauna and Jacuzzi were outstanding. This facility is as close to perfection as can be achieved and, ultimately, it is the dedication of the people who took care of us that have earned them our highest recommendation. We will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your positive review of your recent visit to Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I am so happy that you chose to stay with us when you were visiting friends in New York!

I have passed your compliments onto the staff, all of whom were delighted to assist you during your stay. We are so glad you enjoyed the Aqua Lounge. Should you return to visit us again - and we hope you do - I hope you'll experience the rest of the Spa. We have some wonderful new facial treatments that we are quite proud of!

Espoo, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a hotel which I can without hesitation recommend to demanding corporate clients.
Rooms are really nice modern and stylish, windows from floor to ceiling.
Suites can be converted for small meeting rooms for small meeting parties.
When you enter the lobby you really feel that you have entered a 5* hotel,
spacious and 'clean'.
In ground floor they also have the bar and restaurant - elegant.
Hotel has meeting facilities, with natural light.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your positive review of your recent visit to Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I am so happy that you chose to stay with us when you were in New York.

We pride ourselves on being able to meet and exceed the expectations of our corporate clients. We are so happy that you were able to experience these elements of our hotels.

I hope you will choose us again should your travels bring you back to New York.

Francois-Olivier Luiggi

Been to Langham Place, Fifth Avenue? Share your experiences!