“Loved it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue

Save Saved
You added Langham Place, Fifth Avenue to your Saves list
Langham Place, Fifth Avenue
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10018 (Formerly The Setai Fifth Avenue) (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #12 of 451 hotels in New York City
Fresno, California
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

We stayed 4 nights in May. I was in a Empire Suite on the 19th floor. First of all the location is great we took the LIRR from the airport as to avoid traffic. It was only a short walk to the hotel. The staff at this hotel is a 10 I was never given a bad attitude about anything. I have stayed at Langham Hotels before and was not disappointed with this one either.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

1,057 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Turkish first
Brooklyn, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

My husband and I decided to take a staycation - we live in NYC but wanted a getaway so I could be pampered and relax as I recover from some health related treatments. And what a fantastic weekend it was! I booked using Amex Platinum fine hotels and resorts and it was well worth it for the extras. Our room was upgraded to a suite, early check in wasn't available but lunch was complimentary whilst we waited. We had booked in the spa and it was so relaxing and the staff very friendly. We also booked into the Michelin rated restaurant and went all out with the 7 course tasting menu and a bottle of champagne - fantastic!! We also loved spending the afternoon in the bar area with a window table sampling their fancy cocktails. This place isn't cheap, but the quality comes with the price. We will absolutely return to do this again one weekend in the future!

• Stayed May 2014
Leeds,UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Just an all round excellent hotel. The staff were incredibly helpful from check-in to check-out, our room was beautiful with excellent facilities, (It was hard to persuade my wife to leave the huge bath & shower) and location was great for Times Sq, Empire State & strolling up 5th Ave. We really couldn't have asked for any more, t was the perfect place to start our trip.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Everything about this hotel was superb, from the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were made to feel like family. The room (a Studio Place) was clean, comfortable and huge (particularly by NY standards) My wifes 40th was celebrated while we were staying and the hotel delivered complementary Champagne and treats to our room which was a lovely surprise. Check out was at a very respectable 12.00 but we were told that we could delay until 1pm (free) if we wanted to. As it happens we were heading out for the day and checked out at about 10am and the hotel looked after our luggage until we left for the airport at 4pm. As I said at the start this hotel was everything I hoped for and more

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I stayed here with my wife for my surprise 40th and we had a perfect stay.
The staff are great and very helpful from the reception to the concierge.
Derek booked a top if the rock trip for us and Denis recommended and booked a great restaurant for us for my birthday.The apartment was stunning with a double aspect view of the Empire State Building and an amazing bathroom and lounge,it really felt like home.
All the stops were pulled out when I saw the beautiful and tasty complimentary birthday cake made for me.
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel as it exceeded our expectations,keep up the good work.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We stayed in a family room on 26th floor. Our 'children' are 14 & 11 and were very settled in the sofa bed, whilst we had a huge bedroom and a great bathroom. Plenty of space for us all. The room had fabulous views, it was spotless with fridge, oven, washer & drier etcetera. It wasn't cheap, but it was great value for money. The hotel is perfectly located. And as per the other reviews, staff were superb. Great live jazz in the 'Measure' bar too if it's your thing. Only complaint is we never got to go in the Maserati - hard life eh!

Overall loved it! Thanks to all at Langham Place.

Stayed May 2014
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

This hotel is overwhelming. My husband thought it would be a good idea to spare no expense for our anniversary trip. If you want Luxury and great service, you have to look no further. This Hotel is by far the Cleanest, Most beautiful place. The room is SPOTLESS. Not a dust particle anywhere. Not a fingerprint.. I feel like a movie star. You have to see it to believe it. Look Them Up

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Langham Place, Fifth Avenue? Share your experiences!