“Outstanding service and quality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue

You added Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue to your Saves list
Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10018 (Formerly The Setai Fifth Avenue) (Midtown)   |
Special Offer
Complementary 3rd Night
Ranked #10 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tampa, FL
“Outstanding service and quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Truly enjoyed my stay at Langham Place and will never stay anywhere else. Staff was fantastic, Italian food was out of this world, and the soaking tub (complete with quality bath salts and products) was a great way to end the busy day. Wonderful location too. Nice details like cookies at turn-down, complementary shoe shine at check in, complementary mini bar drinks (soda and water) won me over. I was traveling on business - the next time I'm there I'll stay long enough for a spa treatment.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have stayed in some top notch hotels, and this one by far blows all of them away. Upon our arrival, we were immediately greeted in a genuine approach and check in was extremely fast. We were asked if we have any items that need to be pressed complimntary, which was amazingly fast and hung up on the hook by the hotel door 15 minutes later. In the room, we had a beautiful view of the Empire State Building. In fact, we checked out that outdoor/rooftop bar (230 5th avenue) because everyone said how the view is incredible. We did check it out and we ended up agreeing that our view from our room was better! The room was very modern and yet comfortable with a Nespresso machine in the room (for those of you that don't know what this is, it is a coffee machine that is top of the line and SO good). The bathroom was very spacious with a bathtub and two separate sinks. I could seriously live in this room and be comfortable. The staff was SO accomodating when we needed a suggestion for a place to eat breakfast. They even printed out directions and wanted to arrange for their hotel car to take us, but we wanted to walk the city (I am from LA- no one walks here)! When we checked out (at 2PM!), we were offered to check in our luggage and then when it came time to leave for JFK, they offered their spa to us to get cleaned up. It was such an amazing experience and I have already talked about this place to everyone I know and will be definitely returning!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

What a lovely surprise Langham Place was! Literally everyone we encountered there was kind, authentic, professional and caring. The property is gorgeous ~ clean lines and contemporary furnishings but still feels welcoming and warm. The room was huge with wonderful features including a TV screen in the bathroom mirror, a walk-in closet, and a complementary espresso maker and refrigerator with beverages. Both the bar and the restaurant were beautifully appointed with ridiculously delicious cocktails and exquisite food. We have already booked our next visit!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Our experience at the Langham Place was outstanding. From the second we arrived, Joe took care of our vehicle and made us feel welcomed and relaxed. Our room was perfect for a larger family, the bathroom in particular was beautiful. What will bring us back though was the service we received from all of the staff. After checking out we had our bags held for awhile so we could get a something to eat. Our car was loaded and about an hour after we left we were called and told that a bag had been left behind. It was a rainy, busy Friday evening. We were headed to North Carolina with a brief stop in Delaware. Brian, had a driver bring us the bag personally, he drove to Delaware in awful conditions. This is going over and above all of our expectations! We were so impressed by their immediate solution to a difficult situation. Well done Langham Place!. Looking forward to returning soon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Athens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

It's my second time at this Hotel...there are really no words to describe it!
it's by far my most favorite Hotel and trust me, I travel on business once-a-week.
The hotel is modern, but warm. The staff is friendly and the service unparalleled.
The location is unbeatable right in the middle of 5th and the rooms are perfect. I always pay close attention to the bathroom of the rooms, and this bathroom is truly unreal!
As I said, a perfect experience every time...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Langham Hotels

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have stayed in several hotels in NY and on my latest stay spent a few nights at Trump Soho as well as Langham Place and I have to say that Langham Place was excellent. My girlfriend and I arrived mid-morning and were courteously greeted by Dwayne and his colleagues who checked us straight into a beautiful room....no begging for early check-in.
We had 2 different rooms during our stay and both were top notch. I loved the hotel, I loved the staff. The Concierge was superb too. I won`t stay anywhere else now in Manhattan.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed there for a business trip and it was an excellent choice! Great location, a block away from the Empire State Building.

Excellent experience started at the check in - we arrived at 9 am after a red-eye, and they checked us in immediately, no questions asked. Plus, at our request they later upgraded us to a suite. It was pretty amazing!

All the front desk people were genuine and friendly, and had the authority to make decisions (unlike in some chain hotels where you can sense front desk people "follow policy.") It really made me feel like home.

The suite was big, and the bedding was just awesome. The room included free Saratoga and Pellegrino water, Nespresso coffee machine, and a supply of Coke products. At turn-down service, two cookies, and the maid even folded our sleepwear. So sweet.

They asked if we wanted a newspaper delivered - and New York Times appeared every morning in a bag hanging on the door. I also loved the selection of books, AND the TV built into the bathroom mirror. You could sit in the bathtub and watch TV. Bath salts were a great addition.

When no taxis were available at 6 pm, they put us in the hotel car to get us to the cruise ship terminal. Totally made our night.

The hotel really made our stay comfortable and made us feel at home. Thank you!

A couple of things to note: The room cleanliness could be better - when we moved the couch, looked like no one cleaned under it in a while. The bed started squeaking after a couple of days, which was strange. Cell reception was not good inside the room for both Verizon and T-Mobile (we stayed on the 12th floor overlooking 36th street). Bath products were neat and generous (huge bars of real soap). I wish the shampoo/conditioner were easier to squeeze out of the octagonal-shaped bottles.

But that aside, it was an incredible stay, and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue? Share your experiences!