“REALLY A GEM IN GREAT AND CONVENIENT LOCATION” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue

Save Saved
You added Langham Place, Fifth Avenue to your Saves list
Langham Place, Fifth Avenue
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10018 (Formerly The Setai Fifth Avenue) (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #11 of 452 hotels in New York City
Cincinnati, Ohio
“REALLY A GEM IN GREAT AND CONVENIENT LOCATION”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I did a last minute booking for the hotel under the former name The Setai. It was a true find and very neat place. Sleek, clean, modern, large room with awesome bathroom and tub. The staff was terrific and it was an excellent introduction to New York. Price is not inexpensive but a wonderful experience. The mini bar is complimentary and the Nespresso machine is just awesome. SO many small surprises that added up to a huge success! Thanks!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

1,099 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Turkish first
Denton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed here on a business trip and really loved it. The room service was fantastic, Ai Fiori was amazing, and Measure (the restaurant/bar downstairs) was great too! We had a great view of Manhattan, and we loved the suite we stayed in. The maid service was excellent, and the rest of the staff was very friendly. I believe they have a jazz combo playing nightly at Measure, which was really fun. We got dinner/drinks down there and just relaxed and enjoyed the music, which was very impressive according to my jazzy piano playing husband. The hummus at Measure was the best we have ever had, and Ai Fiori was my favorite meal on our entire week long trip. The location of the hotel is wonderful, and the closest subway stop is only a couple blocks away. There is great shopping, the Empire State Building, the NY Public Library main branch, Grand Central, and more just within a short walk.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chingola, Central, Zambia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed here for three nights on the first leg of our honeymoon and it couldn't have been more perfect. The location was ideal, right in the heart of Manhattan and our room (we booked a deluxe) was incredibly spacious and so elegantly appointed, with all the mod cons you would expect from a hotel with such a distinguished address.

Our bed was so comfortable and the view was fantastic (we were quite high up). I particularly loved the bathroom which in addition to a lovely rain shower shower also has the most gigantic bath. There was even a tv in the bathroom mirror and and we loved using the Nespresso machine. The mini bar was well stocked and all complementary. Breakfast was amazing (the one meal we ate in the hotel every morning) and the staff were all so helpful and friendly, in particular Almira who made the most wonderful recommendations for places to eat and things to do.

The hotel also has a Michelin starred restaurant, spa, fitness centre, chill lounge and bar. Although we didn't take advantage of any of these fully, based on the rest of our experience I am sure they are great.

Langham Place (previously called The Setai) really was a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view. It really is worth it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

I booked a Premier Palace King room for 5 nights for 3 adults and though there was no superb view, being situated on the 10th floor I was pleasantly surprised by how spacious their rooms are,including the bathroom! Loved the decor, very chic, very modern. Light furniture, excellent design.
Right from their Airport pick up to the time you check out from the hotel, everything is smooth and the staff starting from housekeeping to guest services to doorman is extremely helpful and greets you with a big smile every time!

When I arrived in NYC after a 18 hours long flight all I wanted was to creep inside a bed and disappear! Their check in is so convenient and takes so little time! That's what I loved about this hotel, everything is simple and hassle free. The staff goes out of their way to make your stay as much comfortable as possible. The concierge is also excellent, making the city very clear to a person who can't read complicated maps! (Read : ME)

Their in room service food is pretty good too especially the dessert : Creme Brûlée being my favourite!
Unfortunately I had to cut my stay short for an emergency back at home and guess what the hotel didn't even charge me a single penny for that, though i gave a last minute notice.

The complimentary mini bar is also very convenient, because after a super busy day in New York all I felt like was having cool refreshments! They provide you with cool water and aerated drinks and their turn down services in the evening with chocolate chip cookies is very nice. The attention to small details is amazing in this hotel!

All in all I and my family had a great time and I was actually feeling sad that I had to leave the hotel not the city! And I don't even want to start with the
location,lets just stay it's very convenient, at the heart of the city and at the same time doesn't make you feel you are staying in a market. Very quiet neighbourhood and just a few blocks away from Macy's,Times Square, Empire State Building,Bryant Park all within walking distances!
This is my preferred hotel in New York now and I would like to come back soon and continue my holiday!
Loved the experience, a big THANKS to the Langham Hotel staff for making my stay so AWESOME!!

• Stayed July 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hotel was amazing in every way.....from the reception, bed, to the concierge, and the support staff...fabulous! I would stay there every trip I made to New York! Next time I'll have to try the restaurant.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Langham Hotels

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We choose the Langham Place because it was a member of our Leaders Club affinity program. While we knew it would be a pleasant stay, we were blown away by the quality of the property and the service of the staff. - especially for a very, very busy hotel property. Our room was super comfortable and well maintained. Everyone we dealt with was friendly and helpful. We truly felt that they cared about our well being and experience. We travel to NYC for business at least once a year and they will have our business from now on.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Langham Hotels

Memphis, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My family had the pleasure of staying at the Langham for a period of 4 nights over the recent Holiday. The staff and facilities were excellent and this hotel is certainly a jewel in the middle of Manhattan! The door staff was superb, as was the entire front desk and concierge staff. Of particular excellent service was Catherine You, who called and emailed notice as to check in times and otherwise.

The room was very generous in size the and the bathroom and dressing area was particularly spacious. The complimentary soft drinks and water, as well as turn down service (and nightly cookies/candies) were wonderful. The complimentary 4th of July cocktails in the lounge were particularly great!

The location of the Langham is central to all sights and attractions, making walking an easy option. I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again as the attention to detail and quality of facilities is unequaled in NYC.

Room Tip: Enjoy all facets of this hotel while there
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Langham Place, Fifth Avenue? Share your experiences!