“Top of the tops” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue

Save Saved
You added Langham Place, Fifth Avenue to your Saves list
Langham Place, Fifth Avenue
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10018 (Formerly The Setai Fifth Avenue) (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #12 of 451 hotels in New York City
Paris,France
“Top of the tops”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Booked the Setai for my brother's honeymoon
really top hotel
I had booked a studio room and they were upgraded because of the honeymoon
the spa (expensive !) was good as well
ggod choice; the hotel was so nice they even had dinner in their room

1,061 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Turkish first
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

From the pre-arrival notes from the hotel personal assistant to the warm reception given as a returning guest, I thoroughly enjoyed the warmth and welcome received throughout my recent visit.
Eating in Il Fiore was a culinary delight. The server was well-versed in everything on the menu that evening, and was as enthusiastic as most likely was the chef bout the choices that evening as well as the preparation.
My companion and I thoroughly enjoyed the 4-course prix fixe selections ... enough variety and portion size so that we were not stuffed from overeating.
Every staff person we encountered during our visit was most pleasant, smiled and extended warm greetings. The check-in and check-out process is seamless and efficient ... the personal assistant and other front area staff persons most accomodating.

When I next want to stay in mid-Manhattan ... this is where to find me!

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Full disclosure: I used a discount booking site where one learns the hotel after paying. I expected luxurious surroundings but mediocre service. I was wrong, the service was above and beyond! (Right about the surroundings, the room was great.)

We had just come from the Caribbean and our cold weather clothes were a mess after being in storage. No problem, they'll send someone up to collect the items, press them, and even deliver them earlier than initially asked. Not only did this save us the time of running around Manhattan to find a launderer but they didn't charge us for the service; first 5 pieces are complimentary.

After a day of walking around the city my husband needed his shoes polished before heading to the ballet. They were picked up and returned in 15 minutes! Again, we were amazed how swiftly this was done and with no charge.

Both day's breakfast were delivered in a timely manner and delicious. My husband did complain the eggs were cold but come on, realistic expectations here, the cook is not frying them in the hall! The espresso machine in the room was great too. And we both loved that we could grab a soda from the mini-bar and not wince at the usual $5 charge- all drinks are free.

The room was nice, I find it hard to say much about a room... it was larger than I expected, bed was comfortable, nice large closet, good storage space in the bathroom (something I'm beginning to notice is an issue w/ many hotels), loved the deep bathtub. Not so in love with the scent of the bath products or the lobby, it was a bit like Abercrombie, over perfumed, but a minor flaw.

Overall, I'm very glad we got this hotel for our last hurrah before heading home. We felt very well taken care of and it was a perfect ending to our honeymoon (we didn't tell anyone, so we weren't given any special treatment) We'd love to stay here again and would recommend it to anyone visiting New York.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Bar on Fifth (Setai Hotel Lobby Bar) is upscale with excellent drinks and excellent service. Between 8pm - 11pm you will enjoy the live jazz band. The drinks are pricey at about $16 which is normal for NYC. They also provide you with a nice little dish with nuts/pretzels/etc.. Just down the street from the NYC Public Library and Lord & Taylor. We did not stay at the hotel, drinks only.

Munich
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

My first visit to The Setai which was comfortable but was expecting much more based on what I had heard. Location is not so good but manageable. My company has much traffic into the City and we will not necessarily return when we have many other choices.

We asked to speak with a senior manager to discuss some problems and it seemed asking too much. Our planner received a voice mail instead of an in person meeting.

The food was good but stayed out for sometime. The servers did not always look clean and neat.
Reception personnel absent from area many times during our breaks when needed.
Rooms were large and satisfying.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
zagreb
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We have been staying at the Setai for the weekend in a King deluxe room. The staff was very welcoming and nice. The private assistant I contacted over email before our trip arranged all our dinner plans and we loved all the places she picked. Also we couldnt come the weekend before, because our flight was cancelled due to a snow storm and the hotel waved any fees. The room was big, which sometimes in New York can be a problem. Overall it felt clean and slick. The location is great, if you come as a tourist. We really liked it and would stay there again.

Lake Charles, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

The Setai is in a league of it's own because it offers more than just a beautiful property with great amenities for your dollar...the true clincher is that the service is sensational! I was thrilled with the level of attention offered to our party from every employee.

The short story is that the property is beautiful, modern, and spacious. It is in close proximity to almost everything we wanted to do/see, with the best in shopping only footsteps away. We felt spoiled, appreciated, and will DEFINITELY go back. The longer story is below... :)

I love the Setai's approach to service through the personal assistants, and they do not disappoint. Big smiles and lovely attitudes were apparent with them all.
Louis spoke with me over the phone before I even left home. He seemed genuinely interested in accommodating my room requests and in answering my barrage of questions. I felt welcome before I ever arrived! Sohee, who I also had the opportunity to speak with prior to my arrival, was equally as wonderful! (I was touched by her delivery of some special magazines and chocolates to my room...all this because she knew my heart's desire and paid attention.)

Brett handled our bags and general questions with ease and warm hospitality. He always knew our names and worked with the amazing doormen to secure the hotel's complimentary Maserati for us at the drop of a hat. Jonathon is an asset in this capacity, as well!

I cannot say enough good things about Brian. He went out of his way to personally escort us to our sensational rooms. His manner was professional, yet personable. His attention to all of the details was not lost on any of us. He listened intently to our wants and needs, from rooms to restaurants, and exceeded every expectation we had. I am hooked on the Setai, and this is due in no small part to the beautiful Empire Suite we enjoyed at Brian's hands. It was truly sensational. The amount of space was impressive, from the square footage to the soaking tub. The clean lines kept everything feeling modern with furnishings and decor. We thoroughly enjoyed the TV in the bathroom mirror. My husband was able to work in the desk area, while I was able to relax in any corner of the suite...such a lovely accommodation.

It is obvious that this beautiful property has earned its 5 stars in my book, but the truth is, the STAFF are what make the difference for me. They are truly a 5 star collection of individuals that excel in each of their positions. I hate to be so over the top with my praise, as it may seem impossible that it could be true, but that is the beauty of it! They made everything possible for us on our über special trip.

Lillijana and the other fantastic housekeeping staff took excellent care of our hotel suite. We had a later check out that had to be made even later on a second request via cell phone as I hurried from 34th street shopping. I appreciate the housekeeping and front desk graciousness. I am so grateful for this courtesy. It is no small gift to have had this later checkout, as we had a late evening flight. This was one of the last "tastes" of the hotel, if you will. It left us feeling appreciated and less stressed out as we made our departure. That is important!

The doormen at the Setai are fabulous! I did not get everyone's name, but I can say that they were all outstanding. (I believe that two of them were Frank and Joel.) Gabriel greeted us upon arrival and set the perfect tone for our entire stay. Michael is irreplaceable. I will be immensely disappointed if I return and am not greeted with that megawatt smile and special gift for delivering 5 star service. The care he delivers EVERY time I was around him was impressive.

The bartenders and waitperson in the beautiful bar were always outstanding. The cocktails were some of the best I have ever tasted. Ginger, cayenne, fresh herbs and juices…mmmmMM!

Because we were always out and about, I usually missed the staff that provided the much-appreciated turn down service. Fresh waters and chocolate chip cookies, along with slippers and small touches made our arrival back "home" such a treat each evening. We also appreciated the complimentary pressing of 5 items upon arrival.

I am a fan; that is what I have to say. All four of us (two couples) were exceedingly pleased with every aspect of the Setai Fifth Avenue. Their central location to shopping and action, the amenities, and service-oriented staff created the perfect environment. I could not be happier with our experience. We loved how each member seemed to support each other, especially "behind their backs." It really inspired confidence and excitement that we were in the right place!

Room Tip: We stayed in an Empire Suite that had a beautiful view of the Empire State Building. We were on the...