“Fab location, fab hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue

Save Saved
You added Langham Place, Fifth Avenue to your Saves list
Langham Place, Fifth Avenue
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10018 (Formerly The Setai Fifth Avenue) (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #11 of 453 Hotels in New York City
New York City, New York
“Fab location, fab hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Yes -the hotel if great, the rooms and bathroom are really lovely, the bar is wonderful, the staff are friendly and the service pretty much impeccable. But at nearly £400 a night for a view of other walls and windows, it ain't cheap. I think I got the "he's booked through Expedia so let's give him a really nice room with a really poor view" treatment. Not a huge problem as I spent most of the weekend exploring. Their location can't be faulted and nor can the friendliness of the staff and the quality of the service. They also let me have a late checkout on a Sunday afternoon - a sign of a hotel that is truly focused on service in my opinion - my thanks to them. Overall, it's a great place to stay in NY.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with numbers in the low teens - the view is terrible!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Turkish first
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

3 things I like:

- The best hotel I ever stayed in NYC, the room is very nice, the bed very comfortable, modern and stylish, you can get a good rate if you book well in advance
- Great location

- the room has no view

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The hotel was beautiful and the staff was so friendly and helpful. After a few great recommendations from the concierge and some great meals and nights out we decided to stay in our last night and were delighted to have amazing food, great live jazz and incredible service. Sarah at the bar served us a specialty cocktail from the menu and it's now one of my favorite drinks, I just hope my bartender at home can make them as well as she did!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I absolutely LOVED this hotel. Very clean, beautiful rooms and a welcoming staff. Special thanks to the reservation manager Deryk. He has been extremely helpful before and throughout our stay. I will definitely come back to this hotel whenever I travel to New york and I will, without any hesitation,book through deryk and I highly recommend anyone who books with this hotel to do the same. Amazing and professional service!! The hotel is a great location, it has spacious rooms and very comfortable beds!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Prague, the Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed in the City One Bedroom Suite during our short trip to NYC. Very much enjoyed the incredibly spacious suite, the beautiful views of NYC and great interior design and architecture of both rooms and hotel. The suite was really very spacious and comfrotable with huge spa bathroom. It was a pleasure to relax there after days spent throughout the city. We really enjoyed the accomodation.

The suite includes also small kitchenette. According to the information provided to us at the time of reservation, the refrigerator shall be "stuffed with selection of non-alcoholic beverages". And the reality two non sparkling bottles of water. If I wanted to have some coke it was necessary to use room service. It was not overpriced but still very annoying. And the promise given has not been fulfilled.

The other negative aspect was that we were not provided with advantages as LHW members except for thenice personal letter from the manager. Usually we receive at least some fruits, uograde, free internet or something...

The last negative point was about pre arrival assistance and concierge. We sent some requirements before our arrival but got answer only very late as our email was categorized as spam and the concierge had not chcecked the spam folder. We also had some difficulties with our reservation when in the city and were not able to reach the concierge via phone. We succeeded only after 15 minutes and sixth call.

One great tip about the hotel: no checkout time limit. Pretty good!

Despite small negative issues we very much enjoyed the stay and can honestly recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Westmount, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

AMAZING HOTEL!! This is the 3RD time i stay here!! The reservation manager DERYK is so pleasant and kind and helpful!! He is one of the many reasons that i will be loyal to this hotel!! If you are planning a vacation to new york book through him!! The bathrooms are huge and clean and the beds are extremely comfortable! Very helpful staff who are always there to help!! definitely the only hotel i would stay at in new york!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I arrived to the hotel greeted by warm welcoming employees, My personal assistant Helped me what whatever i need, and when i say whatever i mean whatever. They helped me get reservations at places that took months to get in on. I also made a reservation for my husband and i at the spa in the hotel. one of the BEST spas i have ever been to. being that my husband travels a lot. The staff at the spa Jason and Cynthia were welcoming relaxing made us feel like we made the right choice just off the welcome we got. They did not rush us to fill out out paper work or to the treatment, they made us a glass of wine just for it being our Anniversary a few weeks ago, to me that was amazing i would never expect such professionalism and kindness out of a spa before. After our treatments we paid and they again wished us a happy Anniversary and walked us down to the elevator pushed the button and contented to talk to us, going above and beyond to make us feel at home here at the hotel. i would stay at this hotel a million times and i will be recommending it to my friends and family. Thank you so much Setai

Room Tip: Any room is good! i was told they all have street views. how great is that?!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Langham Place, Fifth Avenue? Share your experiences!