We chose the Setai as our hotel on our first trip to NYC because
1. Its # 1 Rating on TA(when we booked)
3. Price( great deal on last minute travel)
We were traveling with another couple, and I am always the trip planner.
We were not disappointed. I am sure we had the lowest grade rooms yet they were nice size, probably large for NYC, no view, only another building. The hotel, rooms and bathrooms were all extremely clean. The beds were very comfortable. The rooms were very quiet. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
I thought it was an exceptional item to have no set check-in-check-out times. I’m sure if they are super full they can not always accommodate, but we arrived at 1pm and were able to go to our rooms and had a late flight on our last day and were able to check out at 3.
Additionally we received breakfast coupons upon arrival that I was unaware of! Had 3 great breakfasts in their dining room the days we were there, but they do have a very limited menu.
We had drinks 2 nights in the hotel bar and while pricy it was a comfortable atmosphere. Great friendly servers.
The only minor issue was our friends bathroom, they had absolutely no counter space, just a sink on a wall Room 919. Our rooms were identical, but we had a nice long marble counter in our bathroom - Room 719. It was odd. Maybe theirs was a handicap room, but if it was I have no idea how a handicapped person could get in/out of the deep tub! When calling to confirm our reservations the day before we came I did mention it was their 30th anniversary. I felt bad they got that bathroom, but not a huge deal, but if you want a counter in your bathroom don’t stay in room 919.
All in all, great stay, lovely hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gracefully complementing Manhattan’s luxurious Fifth Avenue and boldly accenting New York City’s famous skyline, Langham Place Fifth Avenue is a renewed celebration of sophistication and style. Soaring more than sixty stories above the city, Langham Place, Fifth Avenue represents the new heart of the world’s most inspired metropolis. Accommodations exude the very essence of luxury and elegance. Duxiana beds, Pratesi linens, and floor-to-ceiling rain showers leave guests breathing easy, if not breathless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LHW, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Tingo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Jetsetter, Otel, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your Langham Place, Fifth Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.