“Andaz” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 454 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Andaz”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

The room. Was a good size, view of public library , through very dirty windows. Room could have been cleaner, staff were very nice and the location was good, also room had very good beds and not a lot of noise, we had just finished a cruise so was not in New York to eat, but they sent us to a good thai resturant , called room service and to john pizza,I suppose for the price of hotels in New York it was probable a pretty good deal, also very nice wine from chili served in the evening.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Opelika, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

My now husband and I went to NYC in February of last year. I spent days searching info about hotels to find the best one. I have high anxiety about staying at hotels because of the potential for a lack of cleanliness. We arrived and it was even better than the reviews! This is hands down the best hotel I've EVER stayed at and probably ever will. The rooms are modern, spacious, and very clean! My husband proposed to me on this trip, and the staff at Andaz helped make it as memorable as possible. When we arrived they offered us a free upgrade, and it had an amazing view. My husband had the concierge help him set up reservations for us to go to dinner and let him know he planned to propose right before the dinner. The concierge let the restaurant know and we were given amazing service and congratulatory dessert at the restaurant. When we arrived back to our room the following night there was champagne, strawberries, and a sweet note from the staff. Because of this hotel, we had the best trip we've probably ever taken.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Andaz5thAveMgr, Assistant Director of Rooms at Andaz 5th Avenue, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear kgidd14,

Thank you for your great review. Conratulations on your wedding!
We are very excited for you and feel honored that Andaz 5th Avenue was part of your very special trip last year.

Hoping to see you again very soon to celebrate your anniversary.

All the best,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed at the Andaz for 4 nights for our trip to NYC to celebrate my wife's 40th birthday. Smooth check-in courtious staff, best of all the location of the hotel is perfect. Near enough all the major tourist spots are walking distance. The hotel grew on us day by day. We would defintely go back.
Special thanks to Joy, Zara and JD who were very helpfull at all times.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor - 14th, amazing views of the city.
Dear Jaggy_boy,

Thank you for staying with us for this special occasion. Happy belated birthday to your wife!

I'm very happy to hear that Joy, Zara and JD took such good care of you and that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the compliments.

Looking forward to welcoming you back. Maybe for your birthday this time?

Best regards,
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Stayed with my fiance for 4 night at the end of May 2014. We knew what to expect at check-in based upon the reviews. We stayed in the north tower, which was great and there was virtually no street noise, though you do not get a view if that's important to you. The rooms, as others have mentioned, are modern, clean, and simultaneously soothing (the blackout shades help). Higher-end toiletries, snacks and n/a beverages plus Grumpy's coffee (delicious!) in the morning were nice touches that I wish more hotels would include in their rates.

In regards to the staff, Joe was incredibly helpful and accommodating during our stay. Other staff members were also helpful, offering advice and suggestions when we inquired. A note: the staff is very unobtrusive, which other reviewers may have interpreted as aloof or rude. I never found any of the Andaz staff to be rude, I just found that most left you alone unless/until you approached them. The location for a first-time visitor was perfect, close to subways and major attractions while being able to retreat into the Andaz at the end of a day of sightseeing. We prefer the vibe of the Chelsea/Meatpacking district, but if we needed to stay in midtown, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at Andaz again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Linds B,

Thank you for choosing Andaz 5th Avenue for your NYC retreat.

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our service and had a memorable stay. I will make sure to pass on your compliments to Joe.

All the best,
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

We have just returned from a short stay in New York and each time we visit we stay at a different Hotel. This time our trip was made just that little bit more special by being at this marvellous hotel. For NYC regulars like ourselves or for people making their first visit, it's position on 5th Ave is terrific. We stayed in the Splash suite, which is a spacious 787 square feet corner suite with views overlooking the NYC Public library and the Empire State Building. Amenities included a marble bathroom with amazing walk-in rain shower, separate free standing bath, 54" inch HDTV and complimentary soft drinks and snacks. Only downside was a slight hiccup with room service on our first morning and the windows could have done with a bit of a clean! Otherwise the room and service was excellent and thanks to JD for arranging our upgrade at a reduced cost. The splash suite is for couples but we had another bed put up in the main seating area that fitted perfectly. Thanks to the whole team at the Andaz for making it such a great trip!

Parlin, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I booked a weekend for my boyfriend and I at Andaz 5th Ave., and I'm so glad I did! The location was phenomenal. I've lived in New York and its surroundings for most of my life, and many things I enjoy are in the Bryant Park area. This hotel put me in the middle of all of that.

The room itself was beautifully appointed. I fell in love with the design: modern, clean lines, classy yet remarkably comfortable. Lots of yummy snacks and non-alcoholic beverages in the room at no extra charge. Great toiletries as well.

I'd love to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hertfordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Stayed at this amazing hotel from 24th May to the 28th. The hotel is brilliantly located. It's extremely clean, decor is amazing. We checked in early evening to be greeted with a free glass of very good wine. Shown to our room and our cases taken straight to the room. There was a problem with our room as we were supposed to have a twin room, (2girls). They only had a large single which had 1 queen bed. They rectified this by putting in an extra single and taking 25% of our total bill. The service we received was fantastic. All the staff were friendly and helpful. Meals in the restaurant were very good. We had a continental breakfast one morning which was 2 croissants, 2 glasses of orange juice and 2 teas. The charge was over 50dollars! We thought this was a bit over the top! Especially as we had exactly the same in Pret across the road for less than 15dollars for both of us. All in all I would definitely recommend and would revisit. The only thing I would ask for if I returned would be tea & coffee making facilities in the rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Andaz 5th Avenue? Share your experiences!