“Gorgeous stay in Andaz 5th” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Gorgeous stay in Andaz 5th”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I've heard many times that Andaz is one of the world best hotels. but, I should confess that I had thought it's a bit expensive to me.
Luckily getting two free nights, I decided to stay in Andaz 5th, NY, for two nights. Though I am a little bit worried that my stay was not paid stay, but it was totally my misunderstanding. Andaz treated me as a a king of NY. They were so perfect, impossible to be better.
Needless to say, hotel quality itself and its location was so great to enjoy NY city.
Now. I become a big fan of Andaz, I will definitely stay in Andaz 5th when my next travel to NY.

Please never forget to have lemon poppy seed pancakes. They are overwhelmingly yummy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

This boutique hotel was a really pleasant surprise. Had not heard of this hyatt brand but turns out it was the people who made it great. From the moment we got to hotel till departure(4 days) the staff was very attentive to our needs. Front desk set up and lobby is unconventional but it works. At one point I asked where I could find a cappuccino cause the coffee bar was closed so they reopened it and made me one at no charge. Had the suite with great beds, loft style design and awesome shower, not crazy about washroom doors but no biggie considering everything else. Oh yea free water soft drinks and snacks in room, go figure. Close to time square and easy walking to most places. Will be first choice next time.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

What a wonderful experience and I have not even had my first night sleeping here yet! Although I was too early for my check in, I was made to feel 'at home' right away. I was offered a beverage (coffee,tea or bottled Fiji water) and given guest wi-fi. You are welcome to wait in the guest lounge which has the latest newspapers as well as a new giant iMac which I used to work out my activities for the day. Every staff member was so helpful and each one full of GENUINE and warm smiles that are so sorely lacking in many other establishments in NYC. Directions and recommendations were not a problem. When I returned from a day of shopping, I was given my room key and luggage promptly. Entering the modern classic room was such a treat - what a spacious, wonderful, homely loft-feel room - lots of glass (including a see-through glass closet) giving it a fresh and bright appearance! The bathroom was impressively big with C.O. Bigelow products lined up like soldiers. The mini-bar is largely 'on the house' (you really only have to pay for alcohol but all snacks, waters, juices and iced teas are complimentary) which is a welcome change for a hotel. I was about to complain about the lack of tea/coffee making facilities so I asked the front desk where my kettle was. They instantly offered to have one delivered to my room. Here's the super impressive little touch, but big gesture - the kettle was delivered with cups, small jars of honey and a pint of farm fresh whole milk! No charge! Can't wait to try out the fitness centre (this often makes or breaks my hotel choice) and breakfast.

I travel a lot for work and pleasure and I'd have to say that the Andaz (my first time) has outdone itseld - well done Hyatt! This is leaps and bounds above the Westin and W and will now me my first choice wherever you have a property - please open up more around the world!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We really loved the room we got, very large, wonderful bathroom, gigantic flat tv and great view at the 5th Av and Empire State Building. Though our room faced 5th Av we did not get disturbed by all the traffic.

The hotel is located across the NY Public Library and the lovely Bryant Park where we ate breakfast every day.

Walking distance to Times Square, Broadway, ESB, Central Station, Apple Store etc. Because of jetlag we went up very early for a wonderful jogging trip to Central Park, an unforgettable memory.

The bus from airport stops almost in front of the hotel.

The entrance to the hotel is situated round the corner from 5th.

We ate at the restaurant in the hotel, which was ok, not fantastic.

I could definitely see myself return to Andaz, though it is quite expensive, but on the other hand, which hotel in Manhattan is not?

Room Tip: Choose a room facing 5th Avenue.
Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We arrived about midnight but were greeted with a smile and a cold bottle of water. Checking in was very easy.
After mastering the control panel which had electronic curtains we went to sleep on a very large and comfortable bed. The pillows were too soft for my liking but I am very fuzzy. The following morning I stepped in a massive shower with 3 differents means of wetting yourself. The overhead rain shower was particularly relaxing. My fiance was suitably impressed by the space in the shower as well.
We ambled down to breakfast where you were able to help yourself to tea or coffee. Breakfast whilst plentiful was expensive for what you got and there are plenty of cheaper alternatives nearby if you prefer but I suppose by 5* prices they were pretty normal,
Andaz Hotel has a great bar in the basement and a Spa somwwhere in the building but we didn't get a chance to try that with all the other things going on that weekend including Victoria's surprize Birthday meal at Balthazar off Prince Street.
Andaz’s location was excellent as it’s on the corner of 5th Avenue and 42nd Street so handy for shopping, the Empire State Building or Grand Central if arriving by train. We will definitely be going back to Andaz next time we are in New York

Room Tip: All rooms have big windows
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Middle of the action and yet totally private and quiet. You couldn't ask for a better location! - right in the buzz of 5th Avenue across the street from the iconic NY Public Library, close to Grand Central Station and the main subway line to Broadway. Chic contemporary design, room filled with comforts and functional amenities, novel snacks in the fridge - on the house! ... relaxing and beautiful! A visit to the clean and well appointed fitness centre followed by a stop at the street-side coffee bar was a great way to start the day. Stopping to chat with the upbeat and helpful staff, while picking up a complimentary glass of wine to enjoy after a busy day of sightseeing, added to our memorable experience. A cozy and secure haven, right in the heart of Manhattan!

Room Tip: Consider requesting a room with a view of the NY Public Library.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We arrived for a 2 night visit on our 31-st wedding anniversary, coupled with some business. When Ramon, our check in host, heard about our anniversary, he ordered champagne and fresh strawberries be brought to our room. What a wonderful surprise when we got to our room. The service was impeccable, the room very trendy and comfortable and just different enough from an ordinary hotel room to feel extra special. Mini bar is complementary and they offer to bring up tea/coffee cups, hot water kettle, tea bags, all just for the asking. Plenty of staff on hand without feeling hovered over. It is definitely worth staying here if you get the chance. The location is about as good as it gets.
Even received a personal note back from the general manager when I send in my comments after our stay thanking me for my review.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking a small courtyard. It was very quiet. We did not come for the view and the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Andaz 5th Avenue? Share your experiences!