“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bangkok
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The minute I walked into the lobby, the staff eagerly welcomed and assisted my family to check in to the reserved suite. The suite was very big for NYC hotel standard. What I love about this hotel was the cleanliness and the complimentary of free wifi and all the beverages. Everything is free except alcohol drinks. We really had good sleep as the beds were so comfy. The sofa bed in the living room was also great and comfortable. We ordered room service for breakfast and late night snack. The food were delicious. The rain shower was also great. One thing that I would like the hotel to add is "a shower cap". There was none. All in all, I have made a great choice on this trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Andaz5thAveMgr, Manager at Andaz 5th Avenue, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Hello TRNTBangkok,

It is wonderful to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay at our home. We take great pride to ensure all guests have a relaxing and memorable stay when they visit. I am glad that you were able to enjoy some of the complimentary items we provided as well as Room Service, the chefs here do an incredible job. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

have a wonderful day,

Joe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

First, as a caveat, I used the two free nights I got with my Hyatt credit card to cover my room. The cost of the "loft" room I was in would have been about $350/night the weekend I was there. Based on other NYC hotel experiences, this would have been pretty good value for money and I very much enjoyed my stay. The room was large for NYC and modern. I liked the decor - the swipe pads in lieu of light switches added to the modern feel, although they were a bit temperamental. The bathroom and shower were particularly spacious. Free water/soft drinks/snacks in the mini bar is a nice amenity. The biggest issue for me is no coffee machine. On the second day when I commented on this, they said they could have an espresso machine brought to my room. I would have been more happy to just have a regular coffee machine there as a matter of course. But their response to my comment just generally sums up the approach to service I experienced. Extremely helpful and friendly, and not at all snooty. I would definitely recommend this hotel to someone who is looking for a nice upper-mid range hotel in mid-town.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor facing the street, and it was a little noisy, but that is part of being in...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

When I booked it I was a bit concerned: the location was too perfect for the price so I was expecting... Well, I was not at all expecting what I found: a beautiful, new, welcoming and exceptionally located hotel. The room was really spacious for NYC and the bathroom was outstanding. The mixture of wood and stainless steel is classy and trendy. Water, snacks and sodas are...free. Can you believe it? "Hotel, water, NYC and free" very unusual combination. What about the location? Right in front of the library, on 5th avenue?! Service is gracious and polite, they make you feel welcome. By the way, the hotel is very clean. I would recommend it, actually I already did, I told my sister who owns a travel agency, to send her customers there.

• Stayed April 2013
Cambridge MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We were unable to upgrade, so we had to stay in the new tower rooms on 4th floor for 3 nights. These rooms were painted gray, with no decoration on any wall such as art of any form( maybe just a black and white photo would add a sense of comfort ..)windows looked out across small courtyard to other windows of other rooms. No natural light filtered into rooms at all. Minimal artificial light in room. One wall light had burned out near desk and was not replaced for the 3 days we were there. Only one chair in room, a small upright desk chair, so you could not sit to read comfortably anywhere except bed. Bathroom shower fixture controlled all three faucets in shower and had no explanation for how it worked or for temperature control. My husband gave up and took cold showers. Beautiful spring sunshine in NYC , so we survived. I felt like I returned to prison cell. Rest of hotel was interestingly designed.

Room Tip: Do not chose lower floors in Tower...avoid Tower rooms if possible, at all costs!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night to celebrate a birthday/anniversary. Upon check in, we were informed that there was no heat or hot water in the building due to the city doing some maintenance on the pipes on the hotel's side of the street. Right away the room was reimbursed with 22,000 points to cover a free night. The staff handled the situation correctly, based on the fact that it was totally out of their control. Having said that, perhaps they could have notified customers in advance of check in and given the option to move to the Andaz Wall Street. Regardless, we snuck a shower in as there was still hot water in the tank. To the room itself: Large, modern and beautifully furnished. The clear glass closet is a cool touch. The complimentary mini bar should be adopted by all 5 star hotels, enough with the petty charges for a bag of chips. The bathroom was tremendous and had all the requisite luxury bath items. We had a library view room which was really pretty also. The location is perfect for theater, and the parking on a weekend is ample and free on the street which was nice. Overall, the stay was enjoyable and the service was excellent. Would definitely consider it again for a weekend jaunt.

Room Tip: Ask for library view room, very pretty!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I wish I stayed here longer, I stayed at the Andaz 5th Ave for one night on a work trip. So I didn't get to enjoy it as much as I would have liked. The customer service was fantastic, I couldn't have asked for better service. The hotel has a boutique feel to it, and its pretty trendy. So much so, that the person who checks you in walks you up to your room, and shows you how to work everything. For example the shower had like three different options, I appreciated that they personally showed me how to work it because I would have been annoyed trying to figure it out at 6am the next day.

They provide you snacks and non-alcoholic drinks for free, and even serve wine (for free!) in the evenings. I did have dinner at The Shop and it was tasty and fast, excellent service! The location is perfect, its by Bryant Park so optimal location if you're doing business in midtown or anywhere in Manhattan actually! Definitely staying there everytime I return to NYC!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

the biggest challenge in visiting NY is finding a hotel that is affordable, mpt too small and in a good location. I have never found one uo until now that has all three. my friends let me pick the hotel so I researched it well and andaz seemed to have it all. fortunately I was right. all four of us felt the same way. what an incredible find. we had been to the bar downstairs which was quite memorable a year before but had not stayed there. we will definitely become l oyal Andaz customers in the future. the only thing we found disappointing was the hours of the hotel bar. it was quite crowded but seemed to shut down quite early, much earlier than we would have liked

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Andaz5thAveMgr, Manager at Andaz 5th Avenue, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear JJPDDS,
Greetings from NYC and thank you so much for choosing us for your recent trip! I am thrilled to hear that you and your friends felt like you made the right choice by staying with us and all of the team hope that you keep making the right choice and come and stay with us again! :)
If we can ever do anything prior to a future arrival please don’t hesitate to let us know,
Best regards
Ryan

Been to Andaz 5th Avenue? Share your experiences!