“Loved the andaz” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Loved the andaz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

Stayed in the andaz when in newyork celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary.

There is nothing about this hotel that I could fault!

The room wasn't huge but more than big enough for 2 people. Bathroom was very big with a huge rainforest shower with a foot bath... Just what you need after a long day walking NYC!

Non alcoholic drinks where free in the room and in the huge hidden fridge in reception. This actually saved a decent amount of cash.

There was also a complementary free glass of wine each night too, these small touches were lovely!

The staff where very very friendly!! We were stuck in the hotel when a hurricane hit the city and the staff could not have looked after us any better!!

The location is also brilliant! Right opposite the library with Bryant park behind it. Lovely to sit and enjoy sunset. You can see the empire state from the corner of the hotel and walk to it in 5/10 mins. 5th avenue is also right next to the hotel and walking down it will take you to central park. 15 mins away.
Time square was also less than 10 mins away!!

Overall, we will 100% stay here next time we are in NYC!

It's not cheap, but it was stress free!!

• Stayed August 2011
Andaz5thAveMgr, Manager at Andaz 5th Avenue, responded to this review, October 16, 2011
Dear Lynzigree,

We are honored you chose our hotel for your anniversary! I remember our lovely camradie - staff and guests together - while we waited for hurricane Irene to pass.

See you the next time you are back in New York!

Warm regards,

Connie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

The location is perfect. So handy. Could walk to so many places.
The property is very good. Service is excellent. I was impressed by the versatility of the staff. Very efficient and responsive service. Booked restaurants, rearranged travel, loaded luggage on taxis, all with a smile.

A laptop in the lobby was available for guests. Free wi-fi all through.

Room was great, large and comfortable. Bathroom was great, and huge.
Enjoyed the room very much.
Unfortunately the room had some dirty spots that were obviously routinely overlooked (the headboards were visibly dusty, the window panes absolutely filthy on the outside).
Air Conditioning wasn't very accurate, it was either too hot or too cold.

Room Service was ok, but food was not as good as Andaz Wall Street.

Restaurant was very good, both for breakfast and dinner. Good service. Great food. Nice mood.

Really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

First, the positives (why this is 2 stars, not 1): Room was spacious & comfortable. Room service was timely and delicious. However, unfortunately, those big positives were overwhelmed by the terrible front desk service. Reception had a terrible attitude when I checked in. I had stayed the hotel in the past. They had no record of this. I tried to mail a stamped, addressed envelope (I was paying a bill). I gave my envelope to the front desk to mail and expected it to be mailed when I'm paying $650/night for a room. It never was. I don't know where my check is, but now I owe late fees. Managers were clueless and rude when I politely called to inquire two weeks after my stay about this. I had poor customer service at the front desk the first time I stayed and didn't think too much about it (I thought it was a part of it being a new hotel) and I held off on staying for a while. Shame on me for returning. There are plenty of other midtown hotels with spacious rooms, good room service and great front desk staff that will get my business in the future. Unless you want to deal with frustrating, poor service, stay elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dear CarterR,

I am so disappointed and embarrassed to hear about your service experience in order to get your business in order. I would like to pay for your late fees, and find out more in order to make sure this does not happen in the future. Please contact me via this website or connie.wang@andaz.com.

Warm regards,

Connie
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

Great location on 5th avenue, opposite New York Public library & Bryant park, very close to Times square, Grand Central station, Empire State, Rockerfeller, central park, MoMa...all of which is in walking distance..no need for cabs or subways unless you get tired of walking. Staff were great, loved all the free hotel bar i.e. all non-alcoholic drinks are free & all the snacks too...complementary!!
Our loft style room was very luxurious & spacious.

Only let down was the room service - choices for dinner where not that great & the food itself was average for a hotel of this calibre.

On the whole great location & great hotel

Room Tip: Corner suite is large.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

We loved our stay at the hotel!!! The staff could not have been more attentive or accomodating-from the free coffee, tea, or water from the minute you walked in, to a nice size umbrella for those nasty, rainy days. The best is the free hotel bar-all the soft drinks and organic bars you want!!! What a treat!!! It's definitely the little things that stand out in this hotel that make it so comfortable!!! The rooms are clean and beautiful-I would definitely stay at this hotel again!!!!

Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

This hotel has a great location. It is walking distance to Grand Central Station, great shopping, Central Park and Time Square, but you aren't overwhelmed with tourist when you step out the front door. It is a simple, clean and beautiful hotel. The staff really went out of their way to make our stay wonderful. I arrived in a downpour, soaking wet. As soon as I walked in a very friendly staff member took my bags and handed me a drink. I arrived early and my room was not ready. The staff member handed me a coupon to Lord and Taylor and told me he would call as soon as a room was available. He called in 20 minutes, and showed me to a beautiful, very modern and spacious room. My husband and I have stayed in many places in NYC, and this is our new favorite. It's centrally located, beautiful and very cool. They offer lots of fun perks, like wine in the lobby from 6-9 and complimentary minibar (excluding alcohol). We will return soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

I visits NYC frequently. This was my first stay @ The Andaz. Their customer service was superior from the momnent I exited my cab. The staff is friendly and over and beyond my expectations. The room was nothing short of amazing. Just beautiful. From the room to the comlimentarty wine bar and eating at the restaurant. I had a experience I will never forget. I will also never Choose to stay at any other hotel in NYC..I love love love Andaz!

• Stayed September 2011

Been to Andaz 5th Avenue? Share your experiences!