“By far the best experience of NYC!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of New York City Photo Safari

New York City Photo Safari
New York City, NY (Financial District)
718-268-9634
Website
Improve this listing
Visit like an insider
$85*
and up
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Join NYC Photo Safari for a unique photographic experience to sharpen your photography skills. Our photo tours of New York are for small groups & individual photographers of beginning to advanced amateur skill levels.
Occoquan, Virginia
“By far the best experience of NYC!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I can't wait to go back and do another Photo Safari with Zim! She was phenomenal and the knowledge she instilled in us will be used for years. I learned so much about my camera and photography composition, I feel inspired to take more photos everywhere I go. We did the Central Park tour and since I booked 4 people (my parents and husband) they even offered us a private tour. I really appreciated Zim's approach to teaching us as well, "That's good but why don't you try this angle." Boom, that was the shot! It was taking my average photo skills to the next level and now I want all the photos to decorate my walls. She had a very real style of teaching and explained every camera is a great camera... It's the person behind the lens that matters. I love the photos and can't wait to do it again on my next trip to NYC! I wish I could lessons from her on a regular basis, she was that good. Highly, highly recommend NYC Photo Safari for your next vacation!!

Visited December 2013

8 attraction reviews
“A lesson in being a proper tourist”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

When I was planning my trip to NYC, I stumbled across the NYC Photo Safari website and thought I'd take a chance to see what it was all about. I decided to do the Iconic New York tour in the hope that I'd be able to take home a memory card with all those iconic photos that we all wish we'd been able to take.

On meeting at Grand Central, Zim walked a small group of us through the Midtown, taking shots of many of the sites, including the Chrysler Building, Times Square, and the City Library. Not only did she teach us how to set up for the better shot, she made it look easy. It didn't matter whether we were using a DSLR, a point-and-shoot or a smartphone - everyone was (eventually) able to score themselves 'that' shot.

Zim was a lot of fun to learn from - whether it was how to adjust your settings for the lighting, or how to get that perfect NYC Taxi photo. One of the most important shots she taught us all was the "Best Friend" shot - which is so important when travelling with friends.

This is both a great way to see the city and learn how to get those amazing photos.

Visited November 2013
New Providence, New Jersey
“Great Fun and Lots of Learning!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I took the Iconic New York tour. There were only three participants including myself on that day. Our instructor was Zim. She was enthusiastic, energetic, and so very helpful. As we walked through the tour Zim would model for us, taking shots that we would try and copy. She was always positive in her critique of our photo's and provided a lot of information to help us achieve the best shot. Zim was also very knowledgeable of our individual camera functions and we were all using different brands of SLR's. I was at the time considering a purchase of a new camera and as I learned new things on the tour I got a much better idea of what features I wanted in the next camera. The tour was fast paced, the attractions were interesting, and she had a great deal of knowledge not only about the photography but of the attractions as well. I felt I received a good deal of attention from Zim and I came home with some great photographs.
I would highly recommend photo safari and I look forward to taking some of the other tours offered.

Visited August 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Wish I could have taken more safaris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I am an amateur photographer and wanted a little more experience. Tired of taking the same low quality picture every trip I thought this would put me above your everyday travel photographer. And I was RIGHT. I could not have been happier with my experience and results of my classes.

I took a couple of safaris during my 3 day stay in NYC and am looking forward to my next visit for more safaris and to expand my skills. The instructor was amazing, answered all of my questions and challenged me to step up. I was impressed with the way I was taught how to take images and how to make consideration of my subjects instead of just arbitrarily shooting hoping for a good shot when I got home. I now have better understanding of my camera, lighting and focus.

I will never shoot a squirrel again!

Now I can brag about all of the places I have been in style.

Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Fun and informative”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I found myself in NYC after a business trip and thought it would be great to spend a couple of hours wandering around Central Park with my camera and some like minded folks. I booked the tour hoping the guide would take us to some spots in the Park that I wouldn't have found myself as well as giving me some tips. Unfortunately the weather had other ideas! Rain, rain, rain.

Rather than try to drag us around in the rain for 3 hours the safari folks got on the phone and did there best to rearrange. I always think the true mark of customer service is how well a company does in sorting stuff out. This was not there's to fix, they can't control the weather, but they went to great lengths to ensure we still had a great day.

We met in the Metropolitan Museum instead of thePark and spent a wonderful morning with Zim. Her knowledge and patience were awesome - she even gave me her camera because I'd only taken a prime lense which didn't suit the venue.

Thanks guys for going the extra mile and giving me a great memory and some fab shots to go home with.

Visited December 2013
NYCPhotoSafari, Guest Relations Manager at New York City Photo Safari, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Ange-Craig,

Thank you for a very positive review. It's unfortunate that sometimes the weather does not cooperate. It's always a struggle for to try to manage weather issues but we try our best to accommodate everyone even when the weather turns bad. It's GREAT to hear that our procedures were seamless for you and did not inconvenience you in any major way.

All the best,