“Make New York City Photo Safari your first stop” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 509 activities in New York City
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Join NYC Photo Safari for a unique photographic experience to sharpen your photography skills. Our photo tours of New York are for small groups & individual photographers of beginning to advanced amateur skill levels.
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Make New York City Photo Safari your first stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Making New York City Photo Safari your first stop on your visit to NYC can literally change your image of this beautiful city. The 2.5 hours at the High Line Photo Safari was of great value to remind you of what photography is about – and what it is not about. With a great combination of theory, learning by making mistakes, and miniature assignments with immediate feedback our instructor, Zim, gave us a toolbox of simple but yet very effective and useful tips. The next trip to New York will likely include another NYC Photo Safari

Visited August 2012

New York City, New York
“Great Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I did the HiLine Safari with my 13 y/o daughter. Our instructor Zim was extremely knowledgeable and approachable. We both had a great time and learned a lot. Most importantly, we learned that having a lot of impressive equipment does not make you a photographer, and that sometimes the young see things an older person just misses.

Visited August 2012
Phoenix, AZ
“New point of view on the Highline”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

The Highline Photo Safari was an amazing learning opportunity for me and reignited my love for photography. I was able to get some great tips from our instructor and he helped me see the photos I was taking in a new point of view. All his tips and pointers made me think about the pictures I would take for the rest of my trip and the rest of my life. I learned so much and only wish I took the Photo Safari earlier so I could have gotten better pictures in the beginning of my trip. I have to say it was worth every penny and it was really amazing to be actually taught by a professional photographer. When I go back to New York I will definitely be going on another Photo Safari! Thank you for the wonderful experience and I look forward to my next trip!! :)

Visited July 2012
NYCPhotoSafari, Manager at New York City Photo Safari, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear Xtina19_12,

Thank you for your review. A Photo Safari is a great way to start any NYC trip. It's good insurance that you'll have great photographic memories of your trip. All of our photographers are working Pro's. As a matter of fact Frank Rocco is the serving his second term as the president of the NYC ASMP chapter. We're happy that you have some skills that you will be able to use down the line. Perhaps next time you're in NYC you will be able to join us earlier in your trip!

See you next time,

Diane
NYCPS
New Orleans
9 attraction reviews
“Hi Line photo workshop was 2.5 hours of fun for my 16 year old daughter.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

My 16 year old loved it and said it was a great way to to learn something new and see the fabulous Hi Line park. Under the overpass was the coolest spot for me to people watch while my daughter took the photo class. The organic popsicles were almost as good as the draft beer at Terroir.

Malvern, PA
3 attraction reviews
“Zim-tastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

If you are in NYC, you love photography and you strive to get better at what you love...this is your perfect "Thing to Do", the range of "Safaris" that you can go on and the handling of the class by the instructor Zim are well worth the price of admission (and then some)...the size of the safaris are small and very personalized, so if you are just starting out or are an avid photographer that has been shooting for years you will fit in this environment...If you are looking to get great shots of squirrels & pigeons this is not for you (inside joke & Zim Rule #1)...but if you want to view your photography in a whole new light, then Welcome to New York City Photo Safari!!!

Visited July 2012