“A great Birthday Dinner Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Craft

Craft
43 East 19th Street, New York City, NY (Manhattan)
212 780 0880
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Craft is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 11,577 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: Park Avenue South and Broadway
Transit: 4,5,6,N,R to Union Square and 6,N,R to 23rd Street
Mexico, Mexico
“A great Birthday Dinner Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I had a birthday dinner with my friends and I really wanted to have dinner in a very nice restaurants and one of the best in New York. So I chosen to go to the Craft. The restaurant is so nice, a good environment and a very good wine selection. It is a very trendy place. The service was so excellent!! Me and my friends were having such a great time. The food was the best, certainly is quite expensive but believe me it really worth it! The waiters sang the happy birthday for me and took me a little birthday cake so it really was one of the happiest birthdays I ever had. I recommend you to make a reservation several days before because it is crowded as a say to you before is one of the best restaurants in New York.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“Excellent service, very tasty meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

While visiting NYC on a business trip, I was treated to dinner at Craft. Not having known about Top Chef, etc. I didn't know what to expect from this good looking restaurant. It didn't look very large/wide but I noticed that it looked like there was more seating around the back. I wasn't in the mood to investigate.

My dinner companions and I settled at the bar, me with Black Russian in hand, and waited for the rest of our troupe to arrive for our early dinner. The bar tender was very personable, and chatty when required, and patiently explained what was in the drinks we wanted. Patrons were friendly. Drinks were well mixed.

After everyone arrived, and although we were a large group, we were seated at the front of the restaurant, table facing the front window. Very comfortable, wide table with lots of room for everything.

First off, I'm a fan of meat ravioli and I always have a tough time finding a restaurant that serves a good plate, let alone at all. In this case the the first course of Pork Ravioli & Steen’s Cane Syrup was fantastic. Not a huge amount (expected) but the blend of the seasoned pork filling, al dente pasta and smokey/sweet syrup was amazing.

Four my main course, I ordered and shared the 30 Day Dry-Aged Sirloin Bone Marrow & Bordelaise for two. Great choice! Medium-rare and melt-in-your-mouth tender and plenty enough for two guys.

Service was fantastic, all questions answered, no 'snotty' wait-staff I've seen at a few other NYC restaurants. Staff should never get in the way of an expensive dinner, but be available when needed. Craft staff provided that experience.

Did I mention it was a bit pricey (for non-NY'ers)? It was, but was worth it.

Although I won't comment on what my dinner companions ate (I did sample some of their fare), I will say that overall my meal at Craft was probably one of the tastiest I have had in a long time.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kansas
“twice delighted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We have been there twice so far and each time has been impeccable. The food is simple, tasteful and every bite has been delightful. We've ordered a couple of things we wouldn't normally try and it's been delicious. They designed the restaurant so even when it's crowded, you don't hear the noise. We have had a show both times after so we haven't enjoyed the slow, relaxing dining but it has been delicious

Crowley, texas
“New York Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We made reservations to visit Tom's Restaurant after watching Top Chef for years, it was my 50th birthday and the experience was more than expected. they go over and above any expectations that we had and the food was the Best I have ever experienced. they called to confirm our reservation and ask if it was a special occasion and I told them that it was my birthday. when we arrived at the restaurant we were greeted by very pleasantly and we were seated earlier than our reservation.

We had a few questions about the menu and they were all explained in detail so we could make a decision on the what we may want to order. We were treated over and above any other restaurant that I have ever experienced.

It was a wonderful evening experiencing New York for my first time and the best restaurant experience of my 50 years!

my wife and I loved it and I will go out of my way to go back again.

Santa Barbara, California
“Used to be excellent, now not worth price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife enjoyed her fish and I had a number of dishes that were okay - a little salty. Service is impeccable, just wish food matched that level. There are so many great restaurants in town and I think this one has slipped.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere