“Great food and wine serving locals and celibs” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Petrarca Cucina e Vino

Petrarca Cucina e Vino
34 White St, New York City, NY 10013-3508 (TriBeCa)
212-625-2800
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3,009 of 12,022 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
New York City, New York
“Great food and wine serving locals and celibs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We live in 10013 zip code (Tribeca) and we have gone here a number of times. The service is great and attentive, just like Italy. Leo the owner is from Italy and has a rich knowledge of wine. The wine list is extensive or you can ask for advice and they are glad to help. In the summertime you can sit outside and they have home made sangria, I have never had a bad meal here. I love simple dishes like pesto or pasta with tomato sauce. My wife has fish and loves it.

I have seen many people from the neighborhood as well as VIPs. It is right across from the Tribeca Grand and so you see a few hotel guests.

There is a friendly atmosphere and it is not uncommon to strike up a conversation with the people next to you.

I read some bad reviews and I am surprised. I have never see the staff act in a unfriendly way. Most people are so well treated when they go out of their way to say good by.

Go here with a friendly attitude and you will love it.

I

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

New York City, New York
“It was one of the most disturbing meal I had in a long time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We were met at door and were told we could sit anywhere with a finger.
This was at about 730, and did notice it was not busy.
We were given a menu without any welcoming, we reviewed
It and finally had to ask the waiter for the specials. The Wine was insanely
overpriced. We ordered an appetizer of Tuscan beans with olive oil with fresh rosemary. Instead it was cold beans in cogolated oil with cold shredded mozzarella cheese on top. Lame.
The silverware was not replaced. The pasta served was not homemade and so overcoked, where's the sausage? Could go on! Oh, busboys were reliving the world cup soccer matches,
The bottom line don't waste your time and money ! Too many good places to it in NYC.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Paris, France
“Bad for an Italian restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The food was average, the wine was terrible. I was told this is owned by a true Italian, which left me surprised by the below average quality.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Authentic, amazing, flavorful Italian in TriBeCa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

What to say aside from go. Amazing food, friendly and attentive service which was never intrusive.

Had lamb ragout over fettuccine, delicious and wonderfully paired with an awesome recommendation from the great sommelier. Reasonable prices, relaxed yet elegant setting makes this a neighborhood winner. Have already been back twice. Superb.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Nowhere to go on white street!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

That's so not true! I thought there was nowhere to go as I was waiting for my daughter who was at a party. Well I found a gem! The food was excellent. I had spagetti pesto special.. it was just like in Genova. I also had sangria. You can't forget there desserts they atr worth all the calorries.Profiteroles with grest whipped cream, vsnilla ice cream and the best chocolate sauce. The girl next to me had chocolate bread pudding she also said it was amazing and finished entirely! It is definatly a family owned restaurant. You can feel that in the atmosphere I highly reccomend going here.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere