“Excellent Location and Good Service” 5 of 5 stars

The Nolitan Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   30 Kenmare Street, New York City, NY 10012 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #58 of 455 Hotels in New York City
Bay Area, CA
“Excellent Location and Good Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We've stayed at a lot of the mid-range options in Manhattan, The Roger Smith, The Mansfield, The Algonquin, The Shoreham, The Iroquois, On the Avenue etc. - so we have a good idea what your money buys you and the service you can expect, generally not much!However, I'm happy to say we highly recommend the Nolitan after a recent five night stay.

It was an excellent experience and we were very happy with the choice. I didn't make it to the modest free breakfast but we very much enjoyed the wine and snacks in the evening, generously from 6-8pm, thanks Joy! The staff were uniformly pleasant and several times gave me a cup of tea (at no charge) when asked as there was no tea in the room. I appreciate the tea and coffee in the lobby till noon.

The room was relatively small but this is typical for NY and it was better designed than most. I liked the open shower (which made the room seem larger) and the separate loo. Loved that they had Red Flower products - thankfully paraben free!

The location is wonderful, close to several subways, Soho, Chinatown, Little Italy and the LES, we loved it. Yes it's on a fairly noisy street so you'll want a room on a higher floor. This is worth paying for. We're looking forward to staying when the rooftop bar and the restaurant open I just hope it doesn't get too much more expensive.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This was my first trip to New York and after doing a bit of research I booked a room at the Nolitan. It ended up being exactly what I was looking for. There is lot to do in the neighbourhood and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. When I visit NYC again, I'm sure that I'll be staying at the Nolitan.

My only regret is that I didn't go up to their rooftop patio until my last day. It was nice to be able to lounge on one of their couches and give me feet a rest after 3 days of walking across the city.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
PR USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Cozy hotel with comfortable rooms. Ours was in a corner with an outstanding view. Great location within walking distance of great eats, shops, galleries and subways. Took advantage of their available bicycles for free! Great ambiance and excellent service. Loved their daily afternoon complimentary wine and cheese. They accomodated every request we made. In short, there is no reason not to stay in this hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is our first time stayed at Nolitan in New York. The wonderful experience we had during this nine days at Nolitan is unbelieable. The breakfast, afternoon wine and cheese and services are excellent. The room is comfortable that made a big different when you traveling, you feel almost like to stay at home. I am highly recomend this hotel to everyone whomever is making the vacation plan visit New York. Nolitan Hotel location is convience and easy to get every where. For sure, we will choose to stay at Nolitan again when we plan our next visit to New York. Thanks again to all the staffs for your warmest hospitality and great services.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Overall my stay at the Nolitan hotel was a very plesurable ecperience. The service was awsome and they provided you with everything u needed weather it was wine and cheese or late night snacks in your room. They have a 24 hour gym right down the blick which is convenient. The rooms were very clean and and nice. I recomend for anyone to stay at this hotel. It is in a great location near many reastruants and has many stores you can shop at near the Hotel. It was one of the nicests holtels i have ever stayed at.

• Stayed November 2012
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I was visiting New York for a friend's wedding in the Nolita area and I kept going back to The Nolitan as the hotel to stay at due to location. I figured the rooms would be small, but I was actually very impressed with the space the room had (stayed on floor 8). The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was large and the view was amazing. The hotel had complimentary coffee, juice and bagels/muffins in the morning, then wine and cheese in the evening. The rooftop is also amazing - fabulous views of the city and beyond.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Nolitan on the weekend of November 16-18. We had never been to NYC before and loved staying in the SOHO/Lower East Side area. Lots of funky stores, good restaurants with ease of access to subway, etc. Hotel was fabulous: super comfy bed, well appointed room, very friendly and helpful staff and lots of nice touches. Pleasant surprise to receive a bottle of champagne to help celebrate our birthday - a lovely touch! Also very accomodating re an early check-in time to maximize our site-seeing. I will definitely be recommending the Nolitan to my friends and family.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Nolitan Hotel? Share your experiences!