“I'm going back!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 449 hotels in New York City
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“I'm going back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed here in May with my best friend and loved this hotel. Feels modern and industrial without being too cold. Loved the location; SoHo, the Village and the lower East side have always being my favorite areas of NYC. The staff was great, they made all our arrangements for dinner. I already booked my next stay already! :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

582 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed at the Nolitan for 8 nights at the end of August 2012 and found both the staff, location and hotel to be of the highest standard. We travelled from Sydney, Australia to New York to elope and our experience could not have been more delightful. The roof top was definetely a highlight as was the location which is in the most happening, cool and carefree area of New York. We stayed at The Plaza also on this trip but much preferred The Nolitan. Edgy but without being pretentious is how I would describe The Nolitan, we will be back.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My company surprised me by throwing me a surprise 28th birthday party here and booking me a suite after I spoke at Columbia University. The staff was incredibly accommodating of the endless amounts of cake and champagne that they had sent in and let us party (respectfully) downstairs for hours. The suite itself had a great view of Nolita and was, I'm sure, worth every penny.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Bloomington, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

The Nolitan is in a great location. Every member of hotel staff we ran into made it a priority to ensure our stay was extraordinary. The rooms and beds were on the small side, but that's expected for a NYC hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We come to NYC 3-4 times every year and have stayed all over the place. Upscale, low key, boutique and big chain hotels. The Nolitan might be our new fav spot and we hope to be regulars there.

Nolita is our favorite area of the city. Small, mid-range boutiques, trendy, fun restaurants and a great, active vibe. The Nolitan is in a perfect position to explore Nolita, Little Italy, Soho and the village. We were very excited to see they were building something in the area.Kenmare St (where it's located) is not very exciting to look at but turn left or right a block away and you enter into a new world. It's not unsafe, just not much to look at.

The staff at the Nolitan is friendly and solicitous. They went out of their way to make sure our needs were met.

The room was relatively small but not unusual for an inner city NY hotel. The layout was so efficient and well thought out that we did not feel cramped in the least bit. The decor is trendy and modern (almost to the point of being "cold" or architectural style). It's a new hotel and the room was immaculate, linens and towels plush and the bed was quite comfortable.

Our only concern about noise was that the metal doors did not create a great seal for sound and you can hear things in the hallway. There must be some molding that could fix that. There are only 7 or so rooms on each floor so not THAT much happens in the hall but I would assume it would cffect rooms closer to the elevator.

The rooftop lounge was great as were the offerings of wine/cheese in the afternoon and continental breakfast in the am. When the bar/restaurant is completed, I would assume the quality of the offerings in the morning would improve but the thought was nice.

We hope to return soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tarrytown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

My wife and I spent our wedding anniversary at this hotel on August 29. This was our first time at a boutique hotel. I must say, it was excellent! Upon entering the hotel, we were immediately impressed with the intimate setting and extraordinary warm and welcoming staff.
The staff members are a plus at this hotel. They were always wanting and willing to assist. It’s obvious that the management of this hotel invest well in its staff and this can be clearly been seen in how they served us to the best to their ability. I called to ask about restaurant recommendation. Not only that they recommend some of the best restaurants, but also want ahead a booked a great location for us. Aware of our anniversary celebration, the hotel management surprises us with a bottom of cool ice Champaign.
The room was immaculate, beautiful, cool, very modern, and intimate. What I personally love was the design and the contemporary glass wall bathroom!!! This was my first time seeing this type of bathroom.
To top the whole experience was the scenic rooftop paranomic view of some of the most popular sites in New York City – Empire State Building, new Freedom tower, etc. Your camera will be happy. Check out my picture collage.
We will definitely return to this hotel when the opportunity presents itself.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Since the moment you set foot into this hotel, you really feel appreciated as a guest; A warm reception, refreshments, a good explanation of the facilities, wine in the room and "MACAROONS" in your pillows is only part of the amenities you will receive when you check in here.

The room was small but it was spotless. Excellent attention to detail in the housekeeping department. The shower and tub are very modern and separated from the toilet. Toiletries were very good and adequate for the quality of the hotel. The beds were very comfortable, the air conditioner is very silent and the view from the room is marvelous. Closet was of a good size and it included a small refrigerator that served as a mini bar that was plentiful and not over priced.

I will definitely stay again in The Nolitan Hotel, My respect to Jennifer the Manager and all the employees, You guys are doing and excellent job in this place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Nolitan Hotel? Share your experiences!